frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice - Secret masterpiece or garbage?

Debate Information

Now the title says it all.  Now  you probably think secret masterpiece could never touch that movie, but I believe the most hated parts were just poorly executed and need another look with a new view to appreciate them.

Lex Luthor.  I hated this iteration at first, but his wacky character isn't new.  The New 52 version was like him, and he also is a bit mental like Gene Hackman.  The peach tea was weird, but fit with some versions of the character.  He fit into that role and stood out against the overly serious Superman.  https://moviepilot.com/posts/3835165

Superman.  I did just trash him above, but there was a post I saw on Epicstream.com here http://epicstream.com/news/Zack-Snyder-Confirms-Fan-Analysis-Of-Batman-v-Superman.  It describes why he was conflicted on helping people very well and I look at that part of the movie in a different way.  Is he too moody?  Maybe, but it is different and is closer to the evil Injustice iteration of Superman.  He's not the campy one from Christopher Reeves' version, but he is fresh and fits with this darker universe they want.  

Martha.  At face value, this sucked.  Terrible end.  What if you look deeper?  Why did this make Batman stop?  I think if the names had been different, it would have been better.  Say her name was changed to avoid that and it was Clara for example.  He would stop and ask why he said that name like in the movie.  Why?  Because he sees Superman as this alien that popped up and has nothing to do with humans.  Him saying Martha shows Batman that Superman has a family and people he cares for.  It suddenly makes Batman the same guy that murdered his parents.  I think the scene executed that idea poorly, but it had a good intent behind it.  

Doomsday.  OK, this was a bad idea.  Does that make the film bad?  No.  Wonder Woman, both Avengers movies, Hulk, and any other Superhero blockbuster has a big bad at the end with explosions and mayhem.  I like how they address the docks are empty to differ it from the death toll in Man of Steel, so that's a plus.  Is it over the top?  They all are.  It may not be a great ending like Spider Man or Spider Man 2, but it fits with all the other movies.  

The Justice League.  Oh boy.  I'm not sure I can justify this.  It was forced in and I don't see any good storytelling or cinematic advantage here.  Still, maybe it was needed to get them to their team up quickly, but I can't defend that.  

What do you think?  Is the movie still horrible, or do you think it was just misinterpreted?  Would love to see your ideas here.        
joecavalrytherep
  1. Live Poll

Secret Masterpiece or garbage?

7 votes
    1. Secret Masterpiece
      28.57%
    2. Garbage
      42.86%
    3. A little bit of both
      28.57%
  2. Live Poll

Did you enjoy it?

7 votes
    1. I still want my money back
      28.57%
    2. I enjoyed it!
      28.57%
    3. Meh
      42.86%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Garbage. The movie's plot was not too good and it lacked some movie maker necessaries.
    SilverishGoldNova
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • thereptherep 61 Pts   -  
    Garbage, and the top of it as well. Consisted of no plot and out right confusing!
    SilverishGoldNova