frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Eating oatmeal is good for you

Debate Information

I believe that eating outmeal is good for you.  It gets you started on the right path as part of a nutritious breakfast.
islander507
  1. Live Poll

Eating oatmeal is good for you

6 votes
    1. Yes - outmeal is a great healthy choice
      66.67%
    2. No - it's bad for you
      33.33%
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    inc4t said:
    @agsr, That is intriguing, but isn't this diet a bit unreasonable - like no past, no pizza, no beer?  Wouldn't you miss to never eat those types of things?  
    Also, are you supposed to limit meats or count calories as part of this diet?
    Actually, while it is true that you will have to give up bread, pizza, cakes, and pasta - you really don't miss that food after awhile. Also, the great part it is that with such a diet you can eat lots of meat (fatty is just fine).  I know multiple people who went on this diet and drastically lowered their cholesterol levels, improved blood presure, and improved various blood test
     parameters 
    CuriousGeorge
    Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @inc4t, oatmeal is bad for you because it contains grains and likely wheat.  Depending on the type of oatmeal, it may also contain sugar or processed ingredients.  
    I believe that anything that contains wheat is bad for you, please refer to diet type called wheat belly.
    http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/
    inc4t
    Live Long and Prosper
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -   edited July 2017
    @agsr, thanks, that's interesting, but I thought that wheat free and glutten free is just for those who are glutten intolerant of those who are allergic to wheat? Are you saying that accorimg to this diet, wheat is bad for everyone?
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @inc4t, unlike conventional wisdom and misleading messages from the health and food industry, wheat is actually bad for everyone.  While it is great to solve hunger (that's what they used during periods of mass starvation and what they feed prisoners), It has a few major issues.
    wheat we have now is very different from what was naturally grown hundreds years ago (both are bad, but current wheat is much worse), it causes issues with cholesterol, sugar, and etc.
    check out that blog in more detail.  

While eating oatmeal for breakfast is better than eating a bagel, both are bad because of the grains.
    islander507inc4t
    Live Long and Prosper
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    many oatmeals have added ingredients, so unless you eat your oatmeal completely made with water (not milk) and don't add anything, it will add unnecessary sugar and carbs to your calorie intake.  
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @islander507, While I agree that adding sugar and sweeteners to anything is bad, I am perfectly happy eating my oatmeal with just a few raisins. 
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @agsr, That is intriguing, but isn't this diet a bit unreasonable - like no past, no pizza, no beer?  Wouldn't you miss to never eat those types of things?  
    Also, are you supposed to limit meats or count calories as part of this diet?
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    @agsr,Sorry, but any diet that tells me not to drink beer is just too much.  We only live once....
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @agsr, thanks.  It sounds rather fascinating. While I am not ready to signup for something like this, I may reconsider oatmeal as the daily breakfast choice. I assumed that it was completely heatlhy, but now see that it may have other consequences.  I will research this wheat-free stuff more, but thanks for sharing the insights.