frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

New Characters for Super Smash Bros 5

Debate Information

I've decided to make another debate/poll on this site. Here, I'll post characters I want to see in Smash Bros 5 whenever it gets released. I'd also like to know which characters you'd like to see in Smash 5. Here's my list of characters I want to see and what game they're from:

Ridley (Metroid)
Krystal (Star Fox Adventures)
Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
Kyubi (Yo-kai Watch)
Impa (Hyrule Warriors)

Those are 5 I feel like have a pretty good chance of being in a 5th Smash Bros game. Do you think these characters are good to add? Let me know in the comments. Down there you'll also see my reasoning/defense for my list.
  1. Live Poll

Do you think Super Smash Bros 5 will happen?

2 votes
    1. I have confidence Nintendo will make it.
      100.00%
    2. It's possible.
        0.00%
    3. No. The people who directed Smash quit.
        0.00%
  2. Live Poll

Does my list have a shot at being true?

2 votes
    1. Yep. All those characters will probably get in.
      50.00%
    2. I disagree with a few characters.
        0.00%
    3. What's a Yo-kai Watch?
      50.00%
    4. None of your characters will get in.
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    Now it's time to explain why I feel these characters should get in.

Ridley is the main villain of Metroid and the nemesis of Samus. Many people want him, but the closest Ridley got was a boss fight in Brawl and Smash Wii U. Currently, the only Metroid characters in Smash Bros are Samus and Samus (Power Suit and Zero Suit). It would add a bit more variety into the Metroid series roster. The main problem however, is that Ridley's pretty big. He could get a bit overpowered.

I've come up with 3 possible solutions to this; 1) Scale Ridley to a comfortable size. This probably won't happen. The reason why they scaled Olimar (Olimar being a few inches tall) was likely because in comparison to everything else, his world is big. 2) Have Ridley as a playable boss, forcing him to have a stamina bar instead of the usual percent. If they decide to go that route, Master Hand might be a playable character. 3) Have Ridley be the first giant character. Even as a playable boss, Ridley would probably leave openings with a wide attack range.

Krystal comes from Star Fox Adventures, and is Fox McCloud's love interest. The main reason I want her is because I think the Star Fox series could use a bit of variety in its move sets; something other than blasters and reflectors. Krystal's staff would do nicely. I haven't played Star Fox Adventures and I haven't watched an entire playthrough for information for her move set, but I'll eventually come up with one.

Paper Mario comes from a game series called, well, Paper Mario. It's an RPG style game that takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom, but in a world made of paper and cardboard. With the ability to fold into different forms and common use of a hammer, Paper Mario would have plenty of move set potential. In Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Paper Mario introduces the ability to make copies of himself to become stronger. This could be another function in Smash Bros.

Kyubi is from Yo-kai Watch; a monster collecting game where you send Yo-kai to fight other Yo-kai. It's pretty popular in Japan, so I have a feeling one Yo-kai will get in Smash 5. The most probable one would have to be Kyubi, the nine tailed fox. He was the mascot for Yo-kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls, and I overall feel he has a better shot than Bony Spirit's Venoct. Kyubi's move set can involve tail smacks and fire, as well as some slashes and a stun attack.

Impa's been around in Legend of Zelda for a while. She's the only true Sheikah we see (Sheik doesn't count). Her greatest appearance was Hyrule Warriors, which she wields a fiery Naginata (a spear-like weapon) and a big sword which contains water powers. A move set should be very easy as Impa has plenty of attacks in Hyrule Warriors, plus people want her in Smash Bros.

So what do you guys think?
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    I don't know much about the lore behind the characters, but one thing I know for sure is that my favorite character is wolf. I don't know why they took him out. 
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    @ Fascism Wolf, like from Star Fox? They probably took him out because they didn't want 3 Foxes. Still not sure why they haven't put in Krystal yet, though.
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    @PowerPikachu21 Wolf was actually much more different from fox and Falco. He didn't have any spam attacks which is basically what fox and Falco have in almost every attack. Their special abilities were similar, but that's it. 
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    What's a Yo-kai watch?