frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Amazon Key new service is a Huge violation of privacy

Debate Information

The new amazon service let’s delivery guys open your front door and have a camera inside your house.  While super-convienient, that to me is just a crazy violation of personal space and a security risk.  I don’t want amazon to have so much information about me, and don’t want to expose to security hacks for some disgruntled contractor  getting access to my house.  Yes, the video clip and notifications supposed to provide some comfort, but Amazon you are really crossing the line here.  
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/10/25/16538834/amazon-key-in-home-delivery-unlock-door-prime-cloud-cam-smart-lock
northsouthkoreajoecavalryyolostide
  1. Live Poll

Amazon Key Privacy concern outweigh the benefits

5 votes
    1. Privacy more important
      80.00%
    2. Convenience is more important
      20.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    This is a huge violation of privacy which could cause many robberies, etc.
    islander507joecavalry
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    While they have mitigating measures, the pivacy conern is just not worth it.  There are great uses however, like some apartment buildings or places with double doors maybe
    joecavalry
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    This is a privacy concern due to the access it is giving to people’s homes.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • ChangeMyViewChangeMyView 61 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry, yep.  I can see though how many millenials wpuld give up their privacy for this in return for convenience. They do have video
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    This is currently an option. While I agree it is a violation of privacy, people know this beforehand. When this sort of thing becomes mandatory, then I worry.
    SilverishGoldNovaislander507
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    I think that it is a violation of privacy. I think the only thing that this helps with could be porch pirates but otherwise, I think it is a very poor idea. First of all, this could cause a spike/peak in robberies because you are literally letting someone into your house WITH A KEY. For all we know, they could use that key to come into your house at any time and just steal your stuff.