frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should school have kids doing the pledge of allegiance every school day?

Debate Information

I am a student and every school day we do the pledge of allegiance. Should we stop?
  1. Live Poll

Should school have kids doing the pledge of algens every school day?

8 votes
    1. Of course. USA!
      62.50%
    2. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO!
      25.00%
    3. I don't know
        0.00%
    4. Down with the pledge of pledge of allegiance
        0.00%
    5. All hail the flaying spagety monster.
      12.50%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ViceRegentViceRegent 68 Pts   -  
    Government schools should be abolished, making this issue moot.
    VaulkehallDrCereal
    VaulkehallDrCereal
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -   edited November 2017
    Why should government schools be abolished?
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • JoePineapplesJoePineapples 138 Pts   -  
    Presumably so that religious schools can rule the airwaves
    I don't get a great deal of free time, for this reason there may be long periods between my posts.
    Please don't expect me to respond with insults and memes, I don't have time for it.
    Please don't expect me to respond to Gish-galloping, I don't have time for it.
    Parents rule the roost.  You educate your kids at your expense and I will educate my kids at my expense.  It is called freedom.  Got it?  
    EmeryPearson
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    ViceRegent I have a right to education. What if my parents can't education me.
    EmeryPearson
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    Parents rule the roost.  You educate your kids at your expense and I will educate my kids at my expense.  It is called freedom.  Got it?  
    Yes, I understand what you mean.
    Why do you always have to be so abrasive?
    Bis das, si cito das.
    @Nope

I deny you have to right to education if that right involves stealing from your neighbors to pay for it.  And given what I have seen you post, someone is denying you this right.
    EmeryPearson
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    ViceRegent It sounds as if you are agenst taxes. Would you like it if their was a place where their was no government?
    I do not care how I  “sound” to you.  Stop the irrational red herrings and stay out of my pocket.  
    DrCerealEmeryPearson
  • FascismFascism 379 Pts   -  
    @ViceRegent ;
    Then do you oppose taxes? 
    @Fascism

No red herrings.
    EmeryPearson
    @ViceRegent
    That isn't a red herring. 
    @Nope

I deny you have to right to education if that right involves stealing from your neighbors to pay for it.  And given what I have seen you post, someone is denying you this right.
    Public schools come from tax money. You say that that public schools come from stealing from your neighbors. I am just simply asking you "Is it stealing because of the taxes, or something else?" That is implied. 

A red herring is one which distracts the debate to another topic. My question stays on topic. 
    EmeryPearson
    The topic is the government school system, not taxes. I️ will notvtespond further.
    DrCerealEmeryPearson
    @ViceRegent ;
    In that case, the topic is the pledge of allegiance, not government school system. 
    EmeryPearson
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    I don't see why I have to pledge every day. If I pledge ones a week is that not good? Do they think I will break it if I don't pledge every day?
  • SchnuupiSchnuupi 21 Pts   -  
    Of course not, the act of forcing you to take a pledge is slavery, it denies you personal rights because of what? You happened to be born in the USA? Come on.
    @Schnuupi

You mean like forcing people to
    fund government schools?
    EmeryPearson
  • I do not care how I  “sound” to you.  Stop the irrational red herrings and stay out of my pocket.  
    You were trying to change the subject to taxes. The only person comitting red herrings is you
    EmeryPearson
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • SchnuupiSchnuupi 21 Pts   -  
    So you don't want to support educating children? You don't believe children should be given education for free? Disgusting. @ViceRegent
    No, I do not believe in forcing one group of people to fund the education of another group of people.  I thought you were against slavery.  Apparently not.

BTW, education is not free.  It is paid for by funds stolen from me and my neighbors, usually based on the fruit of my labor.
    DrCerealEmeryPearson
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    I do not care how I  “sound” to you.  Stop the irrational red herrings and stay out of my pocket.  
    Then you simply mustn't care about debate.
    Being civil is the first step to convincing someone of your position.
    EmeryPearson
    Bis das, si cito das.