frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Can it be proven beyond doubt that Santa doesn't exist

Debate Information

I am not arguing Santa existence...but, how can it be proven categorically that it's impossible for Santa to exist?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MedicMedic 178 Pts   -  
    This is a bit of a classic example of Russell's teapot. For those of you who don't know, Bertrand Russell stated that there could exist a teapot in the orbit of Saturn, and challenged people to prove him wrong. There are two ways this can go, in my opinion. First. one can concede that there isn't any evidence for Santa's existence but also that there is none that Santa doesn't exist, your original premise. However, if you wish to scientifically claim something it must be falsifiable - you must be able to prove it incorrect. This is a key reason why Erfisflat and his merry gang's "science" is a bit silly, because one cannot falsify their views - according to Popper, this is false science. Therefore, we can conclude that we cannot claim that Santa exists if our premise is unfalsifiable, and therefore we cannot scientifically claim that Santa exists, therefore Santa does not exist.
    ChangeMyViewanonymousdebater

Under a system of perfectly free commerce, each country naturally devotes its capital and labour to such employments as are most beneficial to each. This pursuit of individual advantage is admirably connected with the universal good of the whole. By stimulating industry, by regarding ingenuity, and by using most efficaciously the peculiar powers bestowed by nature, it distributes labour most effectively and most economically.

- David Ricardo

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Yes it can. There is not a single present you receive any Christmas where the receipts cant be back-traced unless it's a custom-made present in which case Santa AND THE ELVES are both disproved at once. "I don't have the receipt" means nothing because if law enforcement wanted to find things out, the recepts are all fully recorded indeed.
    EmeryPearson
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @someone234, I don't have access to all my receipts, so that wouldn't be definitive evidence.  
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @islander507 I explained 'can' refers to law enforcement.