frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Trump vs Jay-Z over black unemployment

Debate Information

Trump in spat with Jay-Z over black unemployment
Article -
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jay-z-trump-black-unemployment-twitter-cnn-van-jones/

President Trump takes credit for black unemployment improvement, but Jay-Z disagrees.

1. Live Poll

Trump vs Jay-Z

2 votes
    1. Trump
      50.00%
    2. Jay-Z
      50.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• The Democrats have been treating blacks "really well" and keeping them in poverty for centuries. Could be time to try something new.
    agsrOakchairbc
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    I struggle with Trump taking credit for lower African American unemployment. As JayZ was quoted in the article, The unemployment rate among black Americans is 6.8 percent -- the lowest it has ever been, but far above the 3.7 percent rate among whites.
    Trump's attribution of success to slightly better numbers than at prior administration is misleading, as he hasn't really targeted anything specific to help minority groups and the data is cyclical 
    Pogue
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • @WhyTrump The lowest black unemployment has ever been. 
    Oakchairbc
  • OakchairbcOakchairbc 88 Pts   -  
    The Democrats have been treating blacks "really well" and keeping them in poverty for centuries. Could be time to try something new.
    The average republicans controlled state is 30% poorer than the average democratically controlled state. Why be insane and go with failure?
  • @Oakchairbc Look to the inner cities, where the dems own the landscape.
    Oakchairbc
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @WhyTrump The lowest black unemployment has ever been. 
    I hear you, but what has he done specifically to lower black unemployment?  Has he targeted specific programs that aimed at African Americans?  If impact of current economic conditions happened to help certain groups, he can't take credit for actually helping them.  
    Pogue
    WhyTrump - a good question
    @Oakchairbc Look to the inner cities, where the dems own the landscape.
    First of all your whole suggestion is a cherry picking logical fallacy. Intelligent people don’t use logical fallacies. Try again.
  • @WhyTrump The Don targets Americans, not some contrived special group of them. As a result of his policies, black unemployment is the lowest it's ever been. Women's unemployment is the lowest it's been in 18 years.

These are known as achievements, well outpacing those of his predecessor. 
    The unemployment rate for all Americans went from 10% to 4% when Obama was president. Now you’re saying the unemployment rate staying the same after a year with Trump... ROTFL are you in middle school, 5th grade?
  • @Oakchairbc The black and women's unemployment rates have both gone down to record-setting levels. Obama, who is the spokesman for identity politics, couldn't do that in 8 years. Trump did it in under one.

As I stated in my initial post, dems have been treating blacks "really well" for centuries. Maybe it's time we tried something new.
    You’re cherry picking again. Remember you want to use logic. The black unemployment rate was 17% when Obama became president.  
    And something new? Read some history there’s nothing new about racism, sex offenders, and voodoo economics. 
    You’re the guy telling us to shoot our other foot after the doctor fixed the last self inflicted wound because we got to try something new. 

• @Oakchairbc Read slowly: Lowest black unemployment rate ever in the recorded history of mankind. Women's unemployment rate the lowest in 18 years.

These are the facts. Spin them as you will.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Black unemployment has been on the decline since 2010 under Obama. This is not a new decline in unemployment.  
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • @Pogue It soared as high as 16%. I think his lowest year was 8.5% or something. For an identity politician, his own people thought he was a huge disappointment.

Now Trump's way, not treating certain groups like they're special people that need special help, seems to be working much better.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @Oakchairbc Look to the inner cities, where the dems own the landscape.
    First of all your whole suggestion is a cherry picking logical fallacy. Intelligent people don’t use logical fallacies. Try again.
    @Oakchairbc

I want to understand your argument but I don't think I fully grasp it here, are you saying that @SuzyCreamcheese 's argument is a logical fallacy because intelligent people don't use them?  Or are you saying that her response about all inner cities controlled by Democrats is cherry-picking when compared to your statement about all states controlled by Republicans?

Also, are you saying that you are arbitrating @SuzyCreamcheese 's statement as being a cherry-picking logical fallacy or was the follow on statement about intelligent people not using logical fallacies supposed to be the qualification of her argument being a logical fallacy?

"If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".