frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

LG vs Samsung TVs?

Debate Information

Which is better for TVs?
  1. Live Poll

Which is better for TV's?

6 votes
    1. LG
      66.67%
    2. Samsung
      33.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I prefer LG and Samsung about the same.
  • trnumbg_3938trnumbg_3938 12 Pts   -  
    I think that they are both very good TVs.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I slightly prefer LG, I like their magic remote, and some if their large screen models have better view when watched from angle.  I would say though it is a tight comparison and it is based on price
    Live Long and Prosper
  • imbvca_19_19imbvca_19_19 12 Pts   -  
    I agree with agsr on this debate.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    I do not watch television, but I prefer having a large screen TV as my computer monitor, rather than conventional PC monitors. For these purposes, both LG and Samsung TVs work well, but I find that Samsung TVs offer a better resolution + refresh rate + picture quality for the same price.

I was shopping for a UHD TV to use as a monitor around four years ago, and LG barely offered a handful of models that could provide the UHD resolution at 60 Hz over an HDMI cable, while Samsung had dozens of them. I bought Samsung UN50HU8850 and have been extremely happy with it: not a single issue, crisp and bright picture, functional frame interpolation system that looks incredible in movies and games and a decent response time.