frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Comey Tried to Shield the F.B.I. From Politics. Then He Shaped an Election -is Comey election maker?

Debate Information

Comey Tried to Shield the F.B.I. From
Politics. Then He Shaped an Election.

Did Comey actually shape the election - is Comey Election-Maker?
As the FBI investigated Hillary Clinton and the Trump campaign James B Comey tried to keep the bureau out of politics but plunged it into the center of a bitter election

Comey Tried to Shield the F.B.I. From Politics. Then He Shaped an Election.

By MATT APUZZO, MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT, ADAM GOLDMAN and ERIC LICHTBLAU
Published: April 22, 2017

As the F.B.I. investigated Hillary Clinton and the Trump campaign, James B. Comey tried to keep the bureau out of politics but plunged it into the center of a bitter election.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Comey+Tried+to+Shield+the+F.B.I.+From+Politics.+Then+He+Shaped+an+Election.&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/us/politics/james-comey-election.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

1. Live Poll

is Comey election maker?

8 votes
    1. Yes - Comey impacted election results in a meaningful way
      62.50%
    2. No
      37.50%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• lcdyk_1938lcdyk_1938 7 Pts   -  
    Yes, he deiffinitrly impacted the 2016 election. Trump has Comey to thank for his win. Hillary was at a pretty good point until Comey stroke with the "news", this definitely put some voters Trump's way.
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    Comey knew very well that he influenced the results of the election.

“Should you consider what you’re about to do may help elect Donald Trump president?” an adviser asked him, Mr. Comey recalled recently at a closed meeting with F.B.I. agents.

He could not let politics affect his decision, he replied. “If we ever start considering who might be affected, and in what way, by what we do, we’re done,” he told the agents.

WhyTrump - a good question
  • official_timpofficial_timp 7 Pts   -  
    No, I don't believe that Comey had that much to do with the election. He could have been "a last straw". Where, the voter/s were not to fond of Hillary, but simply said "whatever, better than Trump." After Comey, they could have said, "Whatever, better than Hillary." So, this could have gotten Trumo and possibly other candidates much more votes that if this would not have happened furring the Donald days of the election or during the eclectic just time period in general.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    That's an excellent analysis in the article, with useful insights.
    It is not clear if Comey did anything on purpose to undermine either candidate, but it is very clear that he had an important part to play in the outcome of the election.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    Yes, he is an election maker. He could have changed or shapes US history because of what he had done during the 2016 election.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    If the Obama's manipulation of our intelligence apparatus for partisan gains had been revealed prior to or during the campaign, Hillary's numbers would have tumbled; so I say no, Comey just added some needed balance.
  • No, he did not affect he election due to the time period he released the info.

It was the final days and could not give too much affect.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @socialmedia_an2831, I respectfully disagree that he had no effect.  I don't think we can prove he did anything wrong, but his decision to release information did have some impact on swaying the voters. If he chose not to disclose info about emails, it would arguably give us a different President And would change the course of history
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • He I'm acted the election big time. I'm a democrat and clinton supporter and am very upset with Comey and the results.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @ale5 I disagree.  As the ABC News/WaPo poll shows, support for Trump is stronger today than it was during the election.  If the investigation had swayed voters, the poll should show more support for Hillary.