frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Will 3D printed shoes become mainstream?

Debate Information

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/07/technology/adidas-3d-printed-shoe/

Adidas launched 3D printed shoes.  That seems to be a trend for manufacturing.  It allows mass customization and production costs should drastically drop over time. Do we think that 3D printed shoes will be expectation from consumers as the defaul way to get shoes?
northsouthkoreabrexit
  1. Live Poll

Will 3D printed shoes become mainstream?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    Yes, the heading could vary based on new companies emerging into that market or companies with more money expanding into that market.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I think that 3D printed shoes can be really cool.  Why get generic shoes, knowing that all sizes are slightly different when you can get a custom mold and a custom design just for you to personalize the experience. Once enough people start wearing shoes that stand out with maybe their photo or some other cool design, I don't think that just plain shoe will do anymore.
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    Many people want to have the best of the best stuff and when the new phenomenon: 3D shoes gets introduced I think that a lot of people will want to buy them and they will become very popular in part of the mainstream. I think that this product will take off quickly. It's just like every new product that there is out there. Think about fidget spinners. One person got them and then within the next week, almost everyone in the class had one. They clearly took off really quickly but the only thing that would make me doubt my decision that these new 3D Printed Shoes will become popular is the price. No one is going to want to buy a shoe just to show off that is $200. No one would do that in my opinion. However, I still think that these shoes will become popular devices. 
    brexit
  • brexitbrexit 22 Pts   -  
    3D printed shoes wouldn't become popular. At least not soon. The technology is still in the developing stages and the shoes just wouldn't be sturdy enouph. Also, the price oiled be extremely high, due to the time and cost to make.