frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The earth is flat

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CovenyCoveny 419 Pts   -  
    Found this today. Thought of you @Evidence

• EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Coveny said:
    Ok look the live feed from the international space station...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
    Awesome, now how about show the exact US-Huston elapsed time up on top, a readout of the exact location on earth from GPS (if I can get it in my car, my phone, it should be no problem right?) the speed of travel, and most importantly let @Erfisflat and me do a random remote zoom in time to time to see if the continents, the suns position, stars etc. match to the time zone it's showing? I mean after we dished out well over $500 billion dollars to NASA, I'm sure they have a zoom lens on the camera, maybe even a $500.00 Nikon P900 would do the trick? If not, I'm sure we Flat Earthers could come up with the cash and buy one for poor NASA, and have the next submarine, .. err, I mean shuttle dive down into the pool, .. err, I mean fly up there in outer space and install it!?

No? It's one of those cheap Walmart $35home security cameras isn't it? Unbelievable, thanks for showing me this, I'll keep an eye on it just for laughs.
    SilverishGoldNova
    Coveny said:
    Found this today. Thought of you @Evidence

1. As you can see it says: "Every thing has a creator", God is not a "thing", He is Infinite Spirit God.

2. God doesn't necessarily have to create every "thing", we Children of God created in His image do a lot of creating ourselves. So premise two is wrong.

3. True, since God is not a "thing", He does not have a creator. You cannot create "Infinite", for Infinite IS, and since Infinite is conscious, the proper definition would be "I Am". And Infinite by definition is "Eternal" also, which means without time.

Your mind is infinite and eternal, you can dream as big as you want, and it never sleeps.

Evidence said:
    Coveny said:
    Ok look the live feed from the international space station...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
    Awesome, now how about show the exact US-Huston elapsed time up on top, a readout of the exact location on earth from GPS (if I can get it in my car, my phone, it should be no problem right?) the speed of travel, and most importantly let @Erfisflat and me do a random remote zoom in time to time to see if the continents, the suns position, stars etc. match to the time zone it's showing? I mean after we dished out well over $500 billion dollars to NASA, I'm sure they have a zoom lens on the camera, maybe even a $500.00 Nikon P900 would do the trick? If not, I'm sure we Flat Earthers could come up with the cash and buy one for poor NASA, and have the next submarine, .. err, I mean shuttle dive down into the pool, .. err, I mean fly up there in outer space and install it!?

No? It's one of those cheap Walmart $35home security cameras isn't it? Unbelievable, thanks for showing me this, I'll keep an eye on it just for laughs.

Now if only you understood radiation, but wait you can't see that so it doesn't exist in your fantasy.
    Evidence said:

1. As you can see it says: "Every thing has a creator", God is not a "thing", He is Infinite Spirit God.

2. God doesn't necessarily have to create every "thing", we Children of God created in His image do a lot of creating ourselves. So premise two is wrong.

3. True, since God is not a "thing", He does not have a creator. You cannot create "Infinite", for Infinite IS, and since Infinite is conscious, the proper definition would be "I Am". And Infinite by definition is "Eternal" also, which means without time.

Your mind is infinite and eternal, you can dream as big as you want, and it never sleeps.

God is a thing, if you want to call him an infinite spirit god thing knock yourself out, but everything... is a thing.

My mind is not infinite or eternal. We can not dream as big as we want, and it does sleep, it just doesn't stop working.  For example you can't dream in a language you don't know correctly, but fluent people can because they know the language, and this is just one of MANY examples of how limited your mind and dreams are. You are NOT eternal, you didn't exist before, and you won't exist in the future. You will likely have little to no impact on the world and all that you are, and all that you have done will be gone and forgotten in 100 years after your death. You are not significant, you are a child who's scared of the dark so you created a savior to protect you from fears you aren't mature enough to confront yourself.
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    What does God have to do with Flat Earth? I'm not sure why you're debating this here, @Coveny and @Evidence.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    @PowerPikachu21 No clue why they're debating God in the flat Earth thread.
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    What does God have to do with Flat Earth? I'm not sure why you're debating this here, @Coveny and @Evidence.

With the Flat Earth, the imaginary Big-Banged expanding vacuum, space, fabric, universe no longer exists, thus God created the heavens and the Earth. It's all about who or how the world was created, so the F.E. is all about the Creator God, and if you seen @Erfisflat videos, like this one

makes us question just what else did "They" hide from us?

Coveny said:
    Evidence said:

God is a thing, if you want to call him an infinite spirit god thing knock yourself out, but everything... is a thing.

My mind is not infinite or eternal. We can not dream as big as we want, and it does sleep, it just doesn't stop working.  For example you can't dream in a language you don't know correctly, but fluent people can because they know the language, and this is just one of MANY examples of how limited your mind and dreams are. You are NOT eternal, you didn't exist before, and you won't exist in the future. You will likely have little to no impact on the world and all that you are, and all that you have done will be gone and forgotten in 100 years after your death. You are not significant, you are a child who's scared of the dark so you created a savior to protect you from fears you aren't mature enough to confront yourself.

So Infinite is a thing, and yet your mind is not infinite, .. go it.

I am not significant, got that too, so what IS significant is that NASA landed a Mars Rover in Greenland somewhere, which cost us over $500 Billion dollars so far.

True, I am NOT Eternal, but the spirit/mind that God gave of Himself in me is.

Fear?
    I fear no man, no Priest and no Religion, this includes the two most dangerous Religions: "NASA and CERN" nor do I fear any religious Leader like the Pope. He IS scary though, he just don't scare me.
  • THEDENIERTHEDENIER 78 Pts   -  
    I must disagree, there is far more evidence than "CGI pictures from NASA". First of all, why have there been no provable accounts of people making it to the edge of the earth? Also, how can you explain a curved horizon? There are of few other holes in your argument to address. I looked through the following article and found no mention of the formula you used. https://nrich.maths.org/5654 Also, if 66.6 is pointing to the devil's number, it would do you good to know that the original number was actually 616. Therefor, 66.6 is not significant. Also, gravity has been observed on the moon which is clearly curved, so your statements about our understanding of gravity are wrong. There are many arguments against the flat earth theory, and I think this series of videos explain them best. 
    CovenySilverishGoldNova
    THEDENIER said:
    I must disagree, there is far more evidence than "CGI pictures from NASA". First of all, why have there been no provable accounts of people making it to the edge of the earth? Also, how can you explain a curved horizon? There are of few other holes in your argument to address. I looked through the following article and found no mention of the formula you used. https://nrich.maths.org/5654 Also, if 66.6 is pointing to the devil's number, it would do you good to know that the original number was actually 616. Therefor, 66.6 is not significant. Also, gravity has been observed on the moon which is clearly curved, so your statements about our understanding of gravity are wrong. There are many arguments against the flat earth theory, and I think this series of videos explain them best. 

@Erfisflat can explain this much better than me, but I did figure out a few thing I want to share with you and my friend Erfisflat.

The @Globetard video above mentions that they have taken a globe earth map, and with great difficulty, like pealing an orange peal flattened it out on a flat map.

Really?

In antiquity, people everywhere though the earth was flat.
    Even Globetard scientists explain that it was because the earth is so big, that it just "looked" like it was flat.

That's right, so the first map makers thought the earth was flat, because it looked flat, and measured it, and plotted all their findings on a flat paper, so why did they try to put this on a globe?

If we took a transit, or better yet an optical theodolite, a tape measure, and started from the East coast and measured everything out and plotted it exactly as we measured it, it would be perfect. every distance, angle, location of cities and roads would be exactly as it is on our flat earth that they claim just "looks flat", and all plotted on flat paper map, no need to peel an orange.

No one made a globe map first. It was when they came up with the idea to use pseudoscience to hide God when they took the paper maps and created a globe, which made all the continents look all over the place, small countries look huge, while large continents, because of their location on the globe, look small.

So as time went on, with all that money and lies invested in a globe-hypothesis, they kept building on the globe-map. Then they Had Mercator put it back on the flat map, but still holding on to that "globe feel".

I say we Flat Earthers start from scratch, take Alaska and map it all out as flat, just as road and Railroad builders and honest topographers do and plot it all as we measured it on our flat earth map, and going at each degrees straight South, plot out every continent we come upon. I bet we would find continents never even mentioned on any Globetard map, like Cong Island, I bet that's just more clues to what's out there that they are hiding from us!
    Evidence said:

I am not significant, got that too, so what IS significant is that NASA landed a Mars Rover in Greenland somewhere, which cost us over $500 Billion dollars so far.

Fear?
    I fear no man, no Priest and no Religion, this includes the two most dangerous Religions: "NASA and CERN" nor do I fear any religious Leader like the Pope. He IS scary though, he just don't scare me.

My mind is a thing if it's infinite or infinity or not infinite. You god is a thing. Their gods are things. They are all things.  

Thing defined - some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot be specifically designated or precisely described:

Never said you feared man, priest, or religion. You fear the unknown, and death just like most people who believe this fantasy sky friend. You want to live forever so, so you created a lie, then kept repeating the absurd lie until you believed it, and you aren't scared anymore, but in the back of your mind you know it's all the of a scared child.
    Evidence said:
    That's right, so the first map makers thought the earth was flat, because it looked flat, and measured it, and plotted all their findings on a flat paper, so why did they try to put this on a globe?
    Because science proved it wasn't flat, so the maps got MUCH more accurate and people stopped dying at sea so much.
    Coveny said:
    Evidence said:

Fear?

My mind is a thing if it's infinite or infinity or not infinite. You god is a thing. Their gods are things. They are all things.  

Thing defined - some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot be specifically designated or precisely described:

Never said you feared man, priest, or religion. You fear the unknown, and death just like most people who believe this fantasy sky friend. You want to live forever so, so you created a lie, then kept repeating the absurd lie until you believed it, and you aren't scared anymore, but in the back of your mind you know it's all the of a scared child.

Here is a video (which from your responses so far, I doubt you'll even look at) of, and by professors, philosophers, intellectuals in general, .. atheists of course, and here is what they have to say why they don't believe in god/gods, and why the atheists present in the audience should be happy they don't believe in god/gods either:

When I pointed out the, well there is no nicer way of putting it, .. the ignorance that these highly intellectuals portrayed on other Forums, I got banned, from at least 3 of them, and it wasn't because I was wrong, atheists love to point out if I, or any Believer, or Christian is wrong, they thrive on that, but because they felt insulted, that I caught them in their pitiful denial of the truth, or more like their lack of searching for the truth. That they were no different than theists.

Can you guess what that "truth" was that I pointed out to them?
    You are doing the same thing here:

Coveny said: "My mind is a thing if it's infinite or infinity or not infinite. You god is a thing. Their gods are things. They are all things.  

Thing defined - some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot be specifically designated or precisely described:"

Which I understand you as saying:
    ".. so there, I  Coveny am an atheist, and this is how I understand god, anything you tell me, or show me that is besides or beyond this, is unacceptable, because it deviates from my set atheistic religious beliefs that we atheists have accepted as to who and what gods should be!"

Which just goes to prove what I said, that theists and atheists are religious, and both claim to believe and not believe in the same gods in religions.

Those in the video do the exact same thing, what they don't realize is that they are preaching the same delusions the theists are, just listen how the crowd cheers, claps, like brainwashed, happy to be ignorant, and will never get out of ignorance monkeys. The only difference is that the atheists admit they are monkeys.

Now I am NOT talking about non-religious atheists who like myself are searching for God, looking for the Real One with evidence, but atheists that flatly deny even the possibility of a Creator. Who, when they hear "scientific evidence of God" they scream, they gnash their teeth and with one accord come at me with an obvious hatred.
    Coveny said:
    Evidence said:
    Because science proved it wasn't flat, so the maps got MUCH more accurate and people stopped dying at sea so much.

Now how smart is that?
    Here they had all these flat continents plotted out on a nice flat map, and some opium smoking philosopher aka scientist comes along and says: "What's this? This is a flat map! We can't have a Biblical flat map! Now take this map and wrap it on a globe, and go and distribute it into all the kindergartens around the world, and tell them the reason those continents don't look right is because it's on a globe, or just make up something, lie if you have to!" 
    Let my start by saying your name "Evidence" is extremely misleading. Next, let speak about your earlier point concerning the idea that the flat earth theory was created first. Clearly, as demonstrated in the video I linked, distances on flat earths are not the same as distances on a spherical earth. One must be correct and the other false. I strongly encourage you to measure a distance anywhere around you, and compare that distance to the same distance on both maps. Please, post your result. Next, you have painstakingly and thoroughly rebutted one of my points in multiple paragraphs. Unfortunately, that rebuttal was obliterated by me in under a paragraph. Either way, you failed to address any other points made by me or the video. Let me raise another objection. Flat earthers believe that gravity acts as a force perpendicular to earth's flat surface correct? We also are aware of centripetal force as you can test it at home and don't need to believe the word of the Foot Clan, Illuminati, League of Shadows, Hydra, MI5, or any other organization trying to take over the world by making people believe it is spherical. So, for the current observations of the moon (that you can do at home) to be true, the moon must be moving parallel to the earth's face. Therefor, its centripetal force is parallel to the earth's face. Gravity is perpendicular to the earth's face. Nothing is stopping the moon from flying into space or falling and hitting the earth. Also, with the flat earth model, the whole earth would experience night and day at the same time which isn't true. Oh and:
    Now how smart is that?
    Here they had all these slaves out on a nice plantation, and some opium smoking philosopher aka black rights advocate comes along and says: "What's this? This is slavery! We can't have Biblical slavery! Now take these slaves and free them, and go and tell that to all the kindergartens around the world, and tell them the reason those slaves are free is because it's a free world, or just make up something, lie if you have to!" 
    Now, I don't actually think that is your position, but the fact that I can do that shows that your argument has no substance other than "well like this is how it happened because lack of evidence" (see what I did there?)
    aarongCovenyErfisflat
    It may be confusing, so let me clarify why changing the topic of your argument but keeping the argument basically intact can prove your argument wrong. The idea is that if an argument can be used to prove something that is obviously wrong, then the argument is faulty because it can lead to incorrect conclusions. Your argument in that paragraph is basically "ancient people believed__ and then someone wanted to cover it up, and that is why __ is true". I have left the argument intact and changed the topic. Now it proves that slavery is ok. So, either slavery is ok or the argument is faulty. Your pick. This is why I deny the validity of that point. (see what I did there to with denying? I'll give you a hint: it has to do with my name.)
    aarongCovenyErfisflat
    @Evidence Not watching an hour video state your own case.

You weren’t banned because they were wrong, and you had the “truth, you were banned because you can’t grasp reality just like every other theist. Being a theist or an atheist isn’t about being right or wrong, it’s about what you believe. This concept seems to escape you.

Your understanding of what I’m saying is wrong. Let me rewrite it in a way maybe you’ll understand.
    I Coveny am an atheist, and don’t believe there to be any gods that exist in any of the various forms. I’m open to anything you can prove or show me, that shows I’ve wrong, and I’ll change my opinion after being presented this proof, but after 40 years of watching people like you try with the same my scale has keeps moving closer to gnostic of how strongly I believe that no gods exist. 

3000 or so gods, all of them had holy texts, all of them had believers, all of them claimed to be the creator of everything, all of them believe the other gods weren’t real, and there is scientific evidence for NONE of them. If a person take a step back and compares the various religions they all have common themes, and you can see as time progresses you can see how the most violent theists become dominant. Once on top though it fractured into different cults, your cult is “new” in the grand scheme of things, but you worship Yahweh just like the rest of them.

You are a religious theist, you believe in Yahweh which you title the uncreated creator god. This is the god you worship, and the religion you encourage others to follow. You are exactly the same as all other theists, well maybe not exactly the same, other theist understand the English language much better than you do. Regardless of how many semantic games you try to play, you simply one of the billions of theists who are ruining this world.

The science took the flat earth map from the opium smoking theist and said “I have created a globe map, and proven that it’s more accurate, and saving people’s lives”, the opium smoking theist replies “I don’t care about saving people’s lives, I only care that my believes are reinforced! That’s why still believe the world to be flat regardless of all this proof, and leave me alone while I get to smoking my opioids”.
    THEDENIERErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    THEDENIER said:
    Antarctica is pretty much the furthest we can go, there, free explorers are met with the ice wall that is a major portion of the Antarctic coast. Operations deep freeze and high jump were sponsored expeditions to find the edge, but they're of course top secret. There is no curved horizon, ever. The earth's curvature formula I use has been verified with autocad programs and is a simple Pythagorean formula considered accurate up  1k miles.miles.Your analasis of the number 666 is irrelevant, as this is the number commonly associated with Satan. Nobody went to the moon, there is no evidence for such a claim, and it's gravitational pull is unverifiable, which means it is pseudoscience and off topic.

Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    THEDENIER said:
    I cut to paste in my reply, I hope you don't mind?

Thank you THEDENIER, thank you so much for replying.

@THEDENIER Let my start by saying your name "Evidence" is extremely misleading.

Now that you mention it, it sure is. I should have chosen "LookingForEvidence", nevertheless, I'm all about evidence, looking, seeking, knocking, searching for any and all reliable, provable evidence. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression!

THEDENIER wrote: Next, let speak about your earlier point concerning the idea that the flat earth theory was created first.

Sorry, I think I said that the "flat earth 'map' was created first"!?

Even Globe Earthers admit that since the world is so big, that it just "looks flat". @Erfisflat shown just how far the earth looks flat, by showing Chicago skyline something like 60 miles away over Lake Michigan, so let's go by that. Here are the early explorers making the first maps, they plot out up to 60 miles of land and put it on a flat map, then go on from there the next 60 miles, still flat, so they draw it down as such. This goes on from continent to continent, until we have the whole known (back then at least) earth on a flat map.

Please tell me what is wrong with this map?

THEDENIRE wrote: "Clearly, as demonstrated in the video I linked, distances on flat earths are not the same as distances on a spherical earth. One must be correct and the other false. I strongly encourage you to measure a distance anywhere around you, and compare that distance to the same distance on both maps. Please, post your result.

You mean like measure an entire state, or the US, what? You know I can't do that, not with the income I make. But how about this little experiment which everyone here can make?

1. Cut three strings, two 3" and one 1.5" inches in length which we'll use as distances.

2. Glue the ends together to make an isosceles triangle.

3. Now pull them tight, and lay it straight on a flat sheet of paper, and draw it out, or just mark three dots, one at each point on the ends of the triangle.

4. Now I lay this same string Isosceles Triangle over a globe, oh it doesn't matter what diameter, lets just say on a 12" globe, pull all three strings tight, and here too make a mark at the end of the three points.

Lets assume those marks are over three cities, and each inch of the strings are a thousand miles, so you have three cities on the world map, city A at 0.0, then city B is 3,000 miles from city A, then city C is also 3,000 miles from city A, and 1,500 miles from city B.

Now why would these distances of 3,000 miles, 3,000 miles, and 1,500 miles from three cities vary from the globe to the flat paper map, .. or visa versa?

I am just asking, I never made a map, I read maps, but they were of cities, and no curvature was noted anywhere? I don't know much about world maps, but I did read blue prints as an aircraft machinist. So I'm just seeking evidence for; ..  "that for some reason distances taken off the Flat Earth will somehow change when drawn on a Globe?"

Or that mapping out the world as we see it (which looks flat as far as we can tell) and plotting it on a Flat Map, will NOT Work?
    Please explain, I'm all ears?

Here is MHO which will save lives, and hundreds of billions of dollars on the long run:

"Throw all Globes from every classroom in the garbage. Any "Orange peel" map of earth, throw them too. Take 1 Billion dollars from NASA's $10 billion monthly budget, give it to Erfisflat, Mark Sargent and Eric Dubay, so they can get a crew of cartographers (no NASA affiliates) and map the world out as they see it, then plot it on a Flat Map starting from the North Pole, going South in all direction, and there will never be any confusion over them dumb globes, and orange peel maps again.
    I mean honestly, has anyone seen cruise ship Captains, or Pilots have a globe in front of them to pilot their crafts?
    It's all to confuse, and we know who is the Master of confusion, don't we?

THEDENIRE - Next, you have painstakingly and thoroughly rebutted one of my points in multiple paragraphs. Unfortunately, that rebuttal was obliterated by me in under a paragraph. Either way, you failed to address any other points made by me or the video. Let me raise another objection. Flat earthers believe that gravity acts as a force perpendicular to earth's flat surface correct?

Obliterated, awesome, only we don't believe in gravity, didn't you read all the video examples Erfisflat shown about Density and Buoyancy?

THEDENIER - We also are aware of centripetal force as you can test it at home and don't need to believe the word of the Foot Clan, Illuminati, League of Shadows, Hydra, MI5, or any other organization trying to take over the world by making people believe it is spherical.

I love the way you put that; "MI5" Lol!
    Take over the world? Too late, the world has been under the power of the Evil One for thousands of years through his loyal servants you mentioned.

THEDENIER - "So, for the current observations of the moon (that you can do at home) to be true, the moon must be moving parallel to the earth's face. Therefor, its centripetal force is parallel to the earth's face. Gravity is perpendicular to the earth's face. Nothing is stopping the moon from flying into space or falling and hitting the earth. Also, with the flat earth model, the whole earth would experience night and day at the same time which isn't true. Oh and:
    Now how smart is that?"

How smart is that? Do you have to ask? I wont answer because I really like this Forum and I also like you, especially your clever comebacks, so I'll just answer your questions the best I can.
    Again, we don't believe in gravity.
    Our Creator put the sun, the moon and everything in motion by, .. from the little I know, by some electromagnetic force!? Again, another billion dollars from the monthly NASA budget could really help us FE's to figure that out too! On our to-do-list. Tell NASA we'll even do the next weeks Mars Rover photo shoot for all the Globe Earthers. Maybe even throw one of my kids Aliens plastic statues out there and include it in the photos, that will really get everyone talking!

I do know that there is a force pulling my compass to point North, but that's about all I can afford with the little income I make, a compass. There are many other forces in play. Sorry, but this is all I know for now, .. ask Erfisflat? Besides, we FE just woke up from Religions 1,700 year totalitarian control, we need more time and money.

Night and day? Yes, the whole earth experiences night and day, at 12 hour intervals, not at the same time.
    Just because you turn on your headlights don't mean they can see you on the other end of the city.  @Erfisflat ; explained all that also, beautifully I must say.

THEDENIER- Here they had all these slaves out on a nice plantation, and some opium smoking philosopher aka black rights advocate comes along and says: "What's this? This is slavery! We can't have Biblical slavery! Now take these slaves and free them, and go and tell that to all the kindergartens around the world, and tell them the reason those slaves are free is because it's a free world, or just make up something, lie if you have to!"

Ah, love it, and I like you more and more.

To answer that would take me 39 books which would thoroughly explain to you the condoned O.T. slavery so you would understand.
    As for N.T. slavery, that was NOT Gods plan, but the plan of some really cruel Religious people, like NASA and CERN, who have robbed, and continue to rob humanity so much money to hide God, that they have enslave the entire human race. And that too would take me another 27 books to explain why it is wrong, and was always against Gods will even from the beginning.
    You could pick up the entire 66 books at Amazon for only $19.99
    Or, here it is, all the translations for ABSOLUTELY FREE
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=NKJV

Don't forget the Evolution Religion, not only did they enslave, but humiliate the Negros
    :

THEDENIER - Now, I don't actually think that is your position, but the fact that I can do that shows that your argument has no substance other than "well like this is how it happened because lack of evidence" (see what I did there?)

Yes I did, good one and I love it. Here is mine, maybe not as good?:

Evidence, I have provided all the evidence that you asked for, the things I could not find evidence for, I will find it or my name isn't Evidence. (see what I did there?)

Thanks again my friend, and let me know what else you want to know, my stronger points are more on "Evidence of God", "Religions like NASA hiding God", "Who is God" and "How God Created all things", .. and so on. The rest Erfisflat can and has already explained.
    Um...@Convey? Back me up here man...I think I'm getting rekt :s. Also, the moon landing is fake, the earth is flat, every big organization is keeping a secret form us. Let me ask you: was JFK killed by the Illuminati? Is the holocaust fake? Was 9/11 an inside job? Your burden of proof needs to diet, I think it's getting to fat.
    I'll appease you oh enlightened one.
    Evidence said:
    THEDENIER said:

Thank you THEDENIER, thank you so much for replying.

@THEDENIER Let my start by saying your name "Evidence" is extremely misleading.

Now that you mention it, it sure is. I should have chosen "LookingForEvidence", nevertheless, I'm all about evidence, looking, seeking, knocking, searching for any and all reliable, provable evidence. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression!
    No problem, I enjoy a little wacko whacking. Yes, I hope you find lots as your current supply of evidence is lacking.
    Evidence said:

THEDENIER wrote: Next, let speak about your earlier point concerning the idea that the flat earth theory was created first.

Sorry, I think I said that the "flat earth 'map' was created first"!?

Even Globe Earthers admit that since the world is so big, that it just "looks flat". @Erfisflat shown just how far the earth looks flat, by showing Chicago skyline something like 60 miles away over Lake Michigan, so let's go by that. Here are the early explorers making the first maps, they plot out up to 60 miles of land and put it on a flat map, then go on from there the next 60 miles, still flat, so they draw it down as such. This goes on from continent to continent, until we have the whole known (back then at least) earth on a flat map.

Please tell me what is wrong with this map?
    The Chicago skyline was a mirage. You will disagree, but I will not admit that as evidence. Nothing is wrong with the map other than accuracy. You stated this as if it proved something. That is what I disagreed with.
    Evidence said:
    THEDENIRE wrote: "Clearly, as demonstrated in the video I linked, distances on flat earths are not the same as distances on a spherical earth. One must be correct and the other false. I strongly encourage you to measure a distance anywhere around you, and compare that distance to the same distance on both maps. Please, post your result.

You mean like measure an entire state, or the US, what? You know I can't do that, not with the income I make. But how about this little experiment which everyone here can make?

1. Cut three strings, two 3" and one 1.5" inches in length which we'll use as distances.

2. Glue the ends together to make an isosceles triangle.

3. Now pull them tight, and lay it straight on a flat sheet of paper, and draw it out, or just mark three dots, one at each point on the ends of the triangle.

4. Now I lay this same string Isosceles Triangle over a globe, oh it doesn't matter what diameter, lets just say on a 12" globe, pull all three strings tight, and here too make a mark at the end of the three points.

Lets assume those marks are over three cities, and each inch of the strings are a thousand miles, so you have three cities on the world map, city A at 0.0, then city B is 3,000 miles from city A, then city C is also 3,000 miles from city A, and 1,500 miles from city B.

Now why would these distances of 3,000 miles, 3,000 miles, and 1,500 miles from three cities vary from the globe to the flat paper map, .. or visa versa?

I am just asking, I never made a map, I read maps, but they were of cities, and no curvature was noted anywhere? I don't know much about world maps, but I did read blue prints as an aircraft machinist. So I'm just seeking evidence for; ..  "that for some reason distances taken off the Flat Earth will somehow change when drawn on a Globe?"

Or that mapping out the world as we see it (which looks flat as far as we can tell) and plotting it on a Flat Map, will NOT Work?
    Please explain, I'm all ears?

Here is MHO which will save lives, and hundreds of billions of dollars on the long run:

"Throw all Globes from every classroom in the garbage. Any "Orange peel" map of earth, throw them too. Take 1 Billion dollars from NASA's $10 billion monthly budget, give it to Erfisflat, Mark Sargent and Eric Dubay, so they can get a crew of cartographers (no NASA affiliates) and map the world out as they see it, then plot it on a Flat Map starting from the North Pole, going South in all direction, and there will never be any confusion over them dumb globes, and orange peel maps again.
    I mean honestly, has anyone seen cruise ship Captains, or Pilots have a globe in front of them to pilot their crafts?
    It's all to confuse, and we know who is the Master of confusion, don't we?
    Alright, well, I can't fault you for income. Your excrement, oops, sorry, experiment artificially makes the distances equal. Therefor, it does not reflect reality. For an explanation of why: http://axismaps.github.io/thematic-cartography/articles/projections.html Basically, the three distances you measure stay the same, but the other distances (the other way around the globe) don't work out. Want me to get you something on Kickstarter? I'm , so please tell me, who is the Master of Confusion?
    Evidence said:
    THEDENIRE - Next, you have painstakingly and thoroughly rebutted one of my points in multiple paragraphs. Unfortunately, that rebuttal was obliterated by me in under a paragraph. Either way, you failed to address any other points made by me or the video. Let me raise another objection. Flat earthers believe that gravity acts as a force perpendicular to earth's flat surface correct?

Obliterated, awesome, only we don't believe in gravity, didn't you read all the video examples Erfisflat shown about Density and Buoyancy?
    Very awesome. Ok, so density. I just looked at some videos. We'll come back to this.
    Evidence said:

THEDENIER - We also are aware of centripetal force as you can test it at home and don't need to believe the word of the Foot Clan, Illuminati, League of Shadows, Hydra, MI5, or any other organization trying to take over the world by making people believe it is spherical.

I love the way you put that; "MI5" Lol!
    Take over the world? Too late, the world has been under the power of the Evil One for thousands of years through his loyal servants you mentioned.
    I also love the way I put that. Oopsy doopsy, there goes my reputation if I had any.
    Evidence said:

THEDENIER - "So, for the current observations of the moon (that you can do at home) to be true, the moon must be moving parallel to the earth's face. Therefor, its centripetal force is parallel to the earth's face. Gravity is perpendicular to the earth's face. Nothing is stopping the moon from flying into space or falling and hitting the earth. Also, with the flat earth model, the whole earth would experience night and day at the same time which isn't true. Oh and:
    Now how smart is that?"

How smart is that? Do you have to ask? I wont answer because I really like this Forum and I also like you, especially your clever comebacks, so I'll just answer your questions the best I can.
    Again, we don't believe in gravity.
    Our Creator put the sun, the moon and everything in motion by, .. from the little I know, by some electromagnetic force!? Again, another billion dollars from the monthly NASA budget could really help us FE's to figure that out too! On our to-do-list. Tell NASA we'll even do the next weeks Mars Rover photo shoot for all the Globe Earthers. Maybe even throw one of my kids Aliens plastic statues out there and include it in the photos, that will really get everyone talking!
    Thanks! You also have clever comebacks. Let me gift you the sight of another one. How smart is that? Smarter than you. So, the moon is acted upon by buoyancy right?  But magnetic fields keep it aloft. So you admit the moon floating is a mystery and a whole in your argument. Good. THEDENIER 1 Evidence 1,000,000. Making progress!
    Evidence said:

Night and day? Yes, the whole earth experiences night and day, at 12 hour intervals, not at the same time.
    Just because you turn on your headlights don't mean they can see you on the other end of the city.  @Erfisflat ; explained all that also, beautifully I must say.
    Ahh yes, @Erfisflat. Let us admit that we are but pawns in this war between @Convey and @Erfisflat. As much as I like you too (no homo (if you are male)(if you are other, change that to "I just wanna be friends")) I must do my duty. Let the roasts commence! Well, we don't experience night and day at 12 hour intervals unless you live at the equator so please explain that. Also, we see the sun rise over the horizon, not gradually get brighter as it gets nearer. Explain that one.
    Evidence said:
    THEDENIER- Here they had all these slaves out on a nice plantation, and some opium smoking philosopher aka black rights advocate comes along and says: "What's this? This is slavery! We can't have Biblical slavery! Now take these slaves and free them, and go and tell that to all the kindergartens around the world, and tell them the reason those slaves are free is because it's a free world, or just make up something, lie if you have to!"

Ah, love it, and I like you more and more.

To answer that would take me 39 books which would thoroughly explain to you the condoned O.T. slavery so you would understand.
    As for N.T. slavery, that was NOT Gods plan, but the plan of some really cruel Religious people, like NASA and CERN, who have robbed, and continue to rob humanity so much money to hide God, that they have enslave the entire human race. And that too would take me another 27 books to explain why it is wrong, and was always against Gods will even from the beginning.
    You could pick up the entire 66 books at Amazon for only $19.99
    Or, here it is, all the translations for ABSOLUTELY FREE
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1&version=NKJV

Don't forget the Evolution Religion, not only did they enslave, but humiliate the Negros
    :

Thanks man, but my salary isn't enough for that. Wow, lots of books. Please, would you tell me what OT and NT are? For me? I would talk about god but I won't for reasons I will detail in final comments and am to lazy to type twice. Ok, I think that about COVERS it. (See what I did there?)
    Evidence said:

THEDENIER - Now, I don't actually think that is your position, but the fact that I can do that shows that your argument has no substance other than "well like this is how it happened because lack of evidence" (see what I did there?)

Yes I did, good one and I love it. Here is mine, maybe not as good?:

Evidence, I have provided all the evidence that you asked for, the things I could not find evidence for, I will find it or my name isn't Evidence. (see what I did there?)

Thanks again my friend, and let me know what else you want to know, my stronger points are more on "Evidence of God", "Religions like NASA hiding God", "Who is God" and "How God Created all things", .. and so on. The rest Erfisflat can and has already explained.
    I love you too (no homo, no straight/other sexual attraction, no nothing). No, no, it was good. Have a little faith. (ahh, AHH, *eyebrow raise*) I will kindly thank you (as opposed to unkindly thanking you (whatever that is) if you minimize the mention of god before you prove he/she/they exists over in the good ol' Religion vs Athiesm debate. I saw what happened with you and @Convey (peace be upon him) I hope to keep religion out of this. I don't mind talking about it, but this is not the right debate.
    @THEDENIER you are getting rekt just a like a pigeon will rekt you at chess.

I wouldn't waste the time with them, but if no one disagrees with them the echo chamber just strengthens their belief is all this . I like your sarcastic responses for the record, they make me chuckle as I read your replies. I think about why they want so badly to force this flat peg in a round hole, why it's so important to them to feel smarter than the majority of the populations, and I keep coming back to the Dunning–Kruger effect. They believe they are smarter than they really are even. They are like all those other people on the internet who cheat at a game, and then brag about how they "won". The want to be respected for their intelligence, but they don't want to have to do the work. So they regurgitate others have said that impressed them. Look at this country, and all the people who are impressed with Trump. I mean they think he's "smart". They have no interest in the truth, the just want reassurances for the lies they tell themselves. Otherwise why do they keep cycling from useless information they portray as "proof", to ridicule and insults? 
    THEDENIERSilverishGoldNovaPowerPikachu21
    THEDENIER said:

Evidence said:
    THEDENIER said:

(How do we erase the cells?)

THEDENIER said:
    Um...@Convey? Back me up here man...I think I'm getting rekt :s. Also, the moon landing is fake, the earth is flat, every big organization is keeping a secret form us. Let me ask you: was JFK killed by the Illuminati? Is the holocaust fake? Was 9/11 an inside job? Your burden of proof needs to diet, I think it's getting to fat.
    I'll appease you oh enlightened one.

The Holocaust was real, almost 70 million people got slaughtered in WW2 I don't know how many Jews, but I do know first hand they were being targeted, and the hate against them was and is today very real, only today, with the Pope coming to almighty power it's played down. He needs the Jews help him to sit (in what he THINKS) is the throne of God in Jerusalem.

THEDENIRE - The Chicago skyline was a mirage. You will disagree, but I will not admit that as evidence. Nothing is wrong with the map other than accuracy. You stated this as if it proved something. That is what I disagreed with.

Ok rabbit, so it's a miragie.
    Look, I told you to throw away the maps, take even 1/2 billion and map aoll the continents out as we see it, flat earth on a flat map, trust me, it will work. Only pot smoking NASA mathematicians would measure the flat earth and plot it on a small globe, then peal it like an orange, place all the pieces on a flat map and try to make it work. I know they want to keep the globe, and that's fine, they can still keep the globes and make sci-fi movies.

THEDENIER - Alright, well, I can't fault you for income. Your excrement, oops, sorry, experiment artificially makes the distances equal. Therefor, it does not reflect reality.

Ok, look, I debated a guy on another Forum and he started sounding way off, not making any sense. Next day he told me he was really drunk when he wrote what he wrote to me. Now I must ask you, are you on something?

What is artificial about what I told you? It is simple, three strings, you glue them together and measure. 3 inches on a flat paper is 3 inches on a globe, there is nothing artificial about it.

THEDENIER - For an explanation of why: http://axismaps.github.io/thematic-cartography/articles/projections.html Basically, the three distances you measure stay the same, but the other distances (the other way around the globe) don't work out. Want me to get you something on Kickstarter? I'm , so please tell me, who is the Master of Confusion?

What on flat earth are you talking about? You problem is that the Jesuits put the flat earth data on a globe, that is their religion, they cannot deviate from the ball, so when people needed more accurate maps, instead of using the actual data from the cartographers, whom they most likely killed after they did all the plotting so the truth don't get out.

Look, is this what you want me to read? Look how it starts out, what kind of scientific information starts off like this MK-Ultra garbage:

Map Projections

Flattening the Earth

It’s impossible to flatten the Earth without distorting it in some fashion. Consider an orange peel: if you want to try and lay it flat, you have to stretch it, squash it, and tear it. Likewise with the Earth—if we want to make a map, we need to distort the Earth’s surface to flatten it.

Why would you want to flatten the flat earth, what hash smoking  would carry around a huge paper globe and start plotting the flat earth on that? Even scientists agree it looks flat, and we FE's know it's flat because it measures flat as far as the eye, the telescopes, flying 40,000 feet in the air, it all shows it's flat. it measures flat with telescopes, levels and transits, even we FE's can afford that much. The MK-Ultra is sooo obvious, it imprints the image that the earth is a globe, that now we must take this "orange" and lay it flat, but oh nooo, you cannot do that without distorting everything! LOL

So DON'T distort it, send out the cartographers and have them plot it on a flat map, my Lord, even a smart 4th grader would get agitated by such ignorance.

But we know it's not ignorance don't we!? I tell you, if I worked for NASA, I would of shoot myself in a month of working there. But I guess these scientists, engineers figure as long as they keep getting them 6 figure + wages, who cares, "Ill pretend that we are actually controlling a Rover on Mars."

"Hey Helmut, the Rover got stuck again, go out there and kick it, and change the battery while you're at it. And tell Shultz to STOP taking it to that gas station market down the hill to get beer, someone will spot him and we'll have to kill that person."

THEDENIER - Thanks! You also have clever comebacks. Let me gift you the sight of another one. How smart is that? Smarter than you. So, the moon is acted upon by buoyancy right?  But magnetic fields keep it aloft. So you admit the moon floating is a mystery and a whole in your argument. Good. THEDENIER 1 Evidence 1,000,000. Making progress!

Well, I never really worked that through yet, but here, since we know the moon is not a chunk from the earth, and its illumination changes each day, and that it gives off this cooling effect, it must be some special material especially created for stirring up the weather, the ocean currents and so on, and it's the most beautiful and peaceful object in the night sky. I love fishing at night under the moonlit sky, with all the "stars" out. Some nights, on a real clear, minimum chem-trail night, you could see dozens of them.

THEDENIER - Ahh yes, @Erfisflat. Let us admit that we are but pawns in this war between @Convey and @Erfisflat. As much as I like you too (no homo (if you are male)(if you are other, change that to "I just wanna be friends")) I must do my duty. Let the roasts commence! Well, we don't experience night and day at 12 hour intervals unless you live at the equator so please explain that. Also, we see the sun rise over the horizon, not gradually get brighter as it gets nearer. Explain that one.

What? You mean you guys don't get 12 hours of sun where you are? It's summer here in AZ, and I wish we didn't, but like today, we had 13 hrs. and 46 minutes of sunlight to be exact and it stays 105+ degrees all that time.

Oh yeah, and I'm a male, a human male, straight, a Believer in the One True God, and created in His image, no animal cousins in my family tree, no rats, no chimps, .. wait, I forgot about Caesar green eyes, he plays himself in Planet of the Apes. Other than that, we are all humans, straight, men are male, and the women female, no gender confusion in our little family, (thank God).

I do have a nephew who is a lesbian, a chick-magnet, he picks up more girls like that then he knows what to do with.

OK, so how do I explain the sunrise and moonset? To tell you the truth, so far I didn't find any FE explanation that was acceptable. (unless @Erfisflat has something new?)I need to get a filter for my telescope, and get my boy to help me take it out some more before we completely loose sight of either the moon or the sun, because of chem-trails. It's pretty heavy to set up. So until then, I have to go by what I see, and what the Bible says, you know, them 66 books you can't afford even for free!?

The Bible says the sun "rises", and it "sets".

I know it doesn't really, so that's metaphorical as I believe is the four pillars the earth is said to be sitting on. But I feel there is something in that - that's far as I went, I'm tired, .. will, .. continue, .. later, ...

About God, yeah, not here.

THEDENIER - I saw what happened with you and @Convey (peace be upon him)

ahh, that made me laugh, and it shouldn't, .. but it did.

• SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
     It seems this thread has hardly anything to do with the flat Earth anymore.
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    @Evidence I tried really hard in my last argument to write a plethora of clever comebacks like you said you liked. Do you like me more now, Sempai??

Evidence said:
    DUR DUR DUR.
    THEDENIER said:
    Wrong.

DUR DUR DUR DUR!

Evidence said:
    (How do we erase the cells?)
    Just click in the cell and wack that subscribe, sorry, backspace button. (How do we quote specific sections? 'cause right now I just quote everything and slim it down to what I want.)
    Evidence said:
    Ok rabbit, so it's a mirage.
    Look, I told you to throw away the maps, take even 1/2 billion and map all the continents out as we see it, flat earth on a flat map, trust me, it will work. Only pot smoking NASA mathematicians would measure the flat earth and plot it on a small globe, then peal it like an orange, place all the pieces on a flat map and try to make it work. I know they want to keep the globe, and that's fine, they can still keep the globes and make sci-fi movies.
    Well, I do multiply a lot. I'm afraid I don't trust you. Let me put it like this, you can't keep the measurements of the world the same if you put it on a flat piece of paper. They don't fit. So you put the map on a globe instead. Then, you think "Well, flat maps are useful learning tools, so let me make a flat map and minimize the distortions needed to make it possible." Only an ignorant person would say "Well, according to my experiment the measurements work out. Oh, what's that? Someone explained to me why I am wrong? THEY'RE ALL UN PAWNS!" That ignorant person is obviously not you by the way.
    Evidence said:

THEDENIER - Alright, well, I can't fault you for income. Your excrement, oops, sorry, experiment artificially makes the distances equal. Therefor, it does not reflect reality.

Ok, look, I debated a guy on another Forum and he started sounding way off, not making any sense. Next day he told me he was really drunk when he wrote what he wrote to me. Now I must ask you, are you on something?

What is artificial about what I told you? It is simple, three strings, you glue them together and measure. 3 inches on a flat paper is 3 inches on a globe, there is nothing artificial about it.
    Well, the drug is actually really good: cheap and effective. It's called sleep deprivation, and it's because it was more important to me to answer a special someone I met online than to stop being a red-eyed zombie. I'm on it right now too, in case you were wondering. Ok, so, I may not have been clear. Of course I can make a flat map with 3 measurements correct, but the problem arises when we go the other way around the globe. I encourage you to draw on the orange peel (all the way around) and then try to keep the art intact while flattening it out. Ask big brother Erfisflat, he'll probably agree with me.
    Evidence said:

THEDENIER - For an explanation of why: http://axismaps.github.io/thematic-cartography/articles/projections.html Basically, the three distances you measure stay the same, but the other distances (the other way around the globe) don't work out. Want me to get you something on Kickstarter? I'm , so please tell me, who is the Master of Confusion?

What on flat earth are you talking about? You problem is that the Jesuits put the flat earth data on a globe, that is their religion, they cannot deviate from the ball, so when people needed more accurate maps, instead of using the actual data from the cartographers, whom they most likely killed after they did all the plotting so the truth don't get out.

Look, is this what you want me to read? Look how it starts out, what kind of scientific information starts off like this MK-Ultra garbage:
    As I said, the measurements that we have of the globe don't fit on a flat map. MK-ULTRA?!?!?! Better grab the tinfoil hats.
    Evidence said:

Map Projections

Flattening the Earth

It’s impossible to flatten the Earth without distorting it in some fashion. Consider an orange peel: if you want to try and lay it flat, you have to stretch it, squash it, and tear it. Likewise with the Earth—if we want to make a map, we need to distort the Earth’s surface to flatten it.

Why would you want to flatten the flat earth, what hash smoking  would carry around a huge paper globe and start plotting the flat earth on that? Even scientists agree it looks flat, and we FE's know it's flat because it measures flat as far as the eye, the telescopes, flying 40,000 feet in the air, it all shows it's flat. it measures flat with telescopes, levels and transits, even we FE's can afford that much. The MK-Ultra is sooo obvious, it imprints the image that the earth is a globe, that now we must take this "orange" and lay it flat, but oh nooo, you cannot do that without distorting everything! LOL

So DON'T distort it, send out the cartographers and have them plot it on a flat map, my Lord, even a smart 4th grader would get agitated by such ignorance.

But we know it's not ignorance don't we!? I tell you, if I worked for NASA, I would of shoot myself in a month of working there. But I guess these scientists, engineers figure as long as they keep getting them 6 figure + wages, who cares, "Ill pretend that we are actually controlling a Rover on Mars."

"Hey Helmut, the Rover got stuck again, go out there and kick it, and change the battery while you're at it. And tell Shultz to STOP taking it to that gas station market down the hill to get beer, someone will spot him and we'll have to kill that person."

Yes, it looks flat, because it is so huge. I don't think you fully grasp that. The average curvature of the earth is 7.98 inches per mile. Undetectable with the human eye unless you are on a plane. Interesting fact, the sniper that landed a kill from 2 miles away said he adjusted for the curvature of the earth. This is the practice for extremely long range shots. I like how you say "even __" about someone who is intellectually superior to you. Well, at least it's better than you FE's "Hey Roger! We have a globe-alist (see what I did there?) making sense here!" "Ahh. Really Mac? That's like 50th one this week!" "No, it's the 165th" "No! It's the 534th" "Screw it, neither of us can count anyway, call up the hit squad." 
    Evidence said:

THEDENIER - Thanks! You also have clever comebacks. Let me gift you the sight of another one. How smart is that? Smarter than you. So, the moon is acted upon by buoyancy right?  But magnetic fields keep it aloft. So you admit the moon floating is a mystery and a whole in your argument. Good. THEDENIER 1 Evidence 1,000,000. Making progress!

Well, I never really worked that through yet, but here, since we know the moon is not a chunk from the earth, and its illumination changes each day, and that it gives off this cooling effect, it must be some special material especially created for stirring up the weather, the ocean currents and so on, and it's the most beautiful and peaceful object in the night sky. I love fishing at night under the moonlit sky, with all the "stars" out. Some nights, on a real clear, minimum chem-trail night, you could see dozens of them.

That's nice, my family has a place on an island in the middle of nowhere, every year I go visit them. The stars are breathtaking there. But please explain, why the moon gives off a cooling effect? If you don't know that's fine, just say so, and I'll take a point. No shame.
    Evidence said:

THEDENIER - Ahh yes, @Erfisflat. Let us admit that we are but pawns in this war between @Convey and @Erfisflat. As much as I like you too (no homo (if you are male)(if you are other, change that to "I just wanna be friends")) I must do my duty. Let the roasts commence! Well, we don't experience night and day at 12 hour intervals unless you live at the equator so please explain that. Also, we see the sun rise over the horizon, not gradually get brighter as it gets nearer. Explain that one.

What? You mean you guys don't get 12 hours of sun where you are? It's summer here in AZ, and I wish we didn't, but like today, we had 13 hrs. and 46 minutes of sunlight to be exact and it stays 105+ degrees all that time.

Oh yeah, and I'm a male, a human male, straight, a Believer in the One True God, and created in His image, no animal cousins in my family tree, no rats, no chimps, .. wait, I forgot about Caesar green eyes, he plays himself in Planet of the Apes. Other than that, we are all humans, straight, men are male, and the women female, no gender confusion in our little family, (thank God).

I do have a nephew who is a lesbian, a chick-magnet, he picks up more girls like that then he knows what to do with.

OK, so how do I explain the sunrise and moonset? To tell you the truth, so far I didn't find any FE explanation that was acceptable. (unless @Erfisflat has something new?)I need to get a filter for my telescope, and get my boy to help me take it out some more before we completely loose sight of either the moon or the sun, because of chem-trails. It's pretty heavy to set up. So until then, I have to go by what I see, and what the Bible says, you know, them 66 books you can't afford even for free!?

The Bible says the sun "rises", and it "sets".

I know it doesn't really, so that's metaphorical as I believe is the four pillars the earth is said to be sitting on. But I feel there is something in that - that's far as I went, I'm tired, .. will, .. continue, .. later, ...

So, you don't get exactly 12 hours of sun, you get more. Please explain why. About your nephew, how can one be lesbian if they are  male? I'm pretty sure "lesbian" only describes homosexual females. Also, if he is homosexual wouldn't he pick up males instead? So your nephew is not part of our little family because he is not straight? Ok, same thing, if you don't know, just say so. Why can't god just be more straight forward to guide his children? All of the bible is metaphors and stuff. Is it so hard to just be clear?
    Here, horizon curvature images with a level, you can do this at home. Well, you'd need to the beach. 
    https://www.metabunk.org/measuring-the-curvature-of-the-horizon-with-a-level.t7832/
    CovenyErfisflat
    "Also, the moon landing is fake, "

So fake could figure it out.

"the earth is flat, "

Yes. This is what the topic is.

every big organization is keeping a secret form us. Let me ask you: was JFK killed by the Illuminati?

Yes, his wife was a Jesuit assasin.  Irrelevant

"Is the holocaust fake?"

Yes and no. Irrelevant

"Was 9/11 an inside job? "

Yes. Irrelevant

"The Chicago skyline was a mirage."

Mirages are simply put, image inversions, http://aty.sdsu.edu/mirages/mirintro.html

...as anyone who's actually seen one knows. There is no inversion in the image.

These are mirages.

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/wilson_cody/physics-27696726

This is just a flat earth.

Here, horizon curvature images with a level, you can do this at home. Well, you'd need to the beach. 
    https://www.metabunk.org/measuring-the-curvature-of-the-horizon-with-a-level.t7832/

That image is clearly  fisheye lens.

Put a straight edge on that level.

Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:

I can't tell you how much I LOVE that you are posting pictures across water where the curvature is covering the bottom 15 or so stories of the buildings. 

For reference:

• FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    If the Earth is flat.
    What is on the other side?
    And how do I get to see what is on the other side.
    I would very much like to see the other side.

If the Earth is flat.

Obviously you "break on through".... hello.

THEDENIER
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    But how thick is the flat earth?
    To be regarded as flat, it can't be very thick at all.
    If it was very thick, it would have to be regarded as cylindrical.
    If it was really thin, wouldn't it be extremely fragile?
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:

I can't tell you how much I LOVE that you are posting pictures across water where the curvature is covering the bottom 15 or so stories of the buildings. 

For reference:

You're pretending lake Michigan has no wells.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    You're pretending lake Michigan has no wells.
    Did I read that correctly? You are saying that lake michigan has 15 story "swells" in it? I had no idea lake michigan had 150 ft tall swells given that the record for swells is what like 50ft tall on the OCEAN? Oh and you might want to look at your pictures again, they were NOT taken at the same level as the water, the first one looks like it's 30 or more feet above water level, and the second one looks maybe 10ft. So the swells need to be even taller. Again LOVE when you prove my points for me, what is it you love to say... flatard?

And just for reference. (got a kick out of the "epic" label)

THEDENIER
    If the Earth is flat.

I wish I could see it too.

Wayne Dyer
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:

For reference:

Wayne Dyer
    Well, you would think so, but then you'd be a brainwashed fool. You see, the really flat disk known as earth is actually made of rock, but not just any rock, the real rock. At the dawn of time, before the UN existed, the UN created a layer of fake rock on the earth that was weak. The actual rock is indestructible and holds the earth together, even though it is only 1 inch deep. Don't try to dig your way through the earth, because the UN has the ability to control your senses so you think your are digging, when you are actually just photoshopping the new earth image. So:`

(this was satirical if you could not tell)
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    Did I read that correctly? You are saying that lake michigan has 15 story "swells" in it?

No, you know  you have reading comprehension issues. I never said that. You do love those strawmen. Perspective puts those 10-15 ' swells at eye level. So a 15 "story" swell is an asinine red herring. You till call it "magic" so it's obvious you dont understand it  all, or are cherry picking.

And then the idea of retraction is also a mystery to you. You're obviously cherry picking strawmen and wasting our time.

Wayne Dyer
    It's entirely speculative, an unanswerable conundrum. When they open Antarctica back up, we're sure to try to find out..

Wayne Dyer
    THEDENIER said:
    Well, you would think so, but then you'd be a brainwashed fool. You see, the really flat disk known as earth is actually made of rock, but not just any rock, the real rock. At the dawn of time, before the UN existed, the UN created a layer of fake rock on the earth that was weak. The actual rock is indestructible and holds the earth together, even though it is only 1 inch deep. Don't try to dig your way through the earth, because the UN has the ability to control your senses so you think your are digging, when you are actually just photoshopping the new earth image. So:`

I'm not entirely sure why you're being a douchebag to someone asking questions... You know he hasn't been arguing for or against FET, but your mindless sarcasm and ridicule has a tone of brainwashing. Redirect your argument towards me in the form of  a rebuttal against mine above?

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:

Oh look I guess you ran out of "evidence" and you're back to talking smack again. (you are bipolar)

SilverishGoldNova
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:

Oh look I guess you ran out of "evidence" and you're back to talking smack again. (you are bipolar)

It's a valid argument within a meme, and your rebuttal is more nonsense.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Did I read that correctly? You are saying that lake michigan has 15 story "swells" in it?

No, you know  you have reading comprehension issues. I never said that. You do love those strawmen. Perspective puts those 10-15 ' swells at eye level. So a 15 "story" swell is an asinine red herring. You till call it "magic" so it's obvious you dont understand it  all, or are cherry picking.

And then the idea of retraction is also a mystery to you. You're obviously cherry picking strawmen and wasting our time.

Ok cool so the swells don't matter, and you'll admit you just threw a red herring out there? And NO those are NOT 10-15' swells, I might give you 5' at best. (not that it would matter if there were monster waves on the lake for surfers, you'd still be wrong)

I call it magic because you want it do things outside of reality...like magic. I understand it just fine, and I understand it doesn't do what you say it does. (no cherry picking necessary) 

His field is flat because it looks flat? ROFL Can you say anecdotal evidence fallacy? You want anecdotal counter "evidence"? I worked for a farm in Arkansas growing up. They used the same fields every year to set up the levies. These fields looked flat, but when you ran the leveling tractor around, or flooded the field from the well it was easy to see that it wasn't flat. (and as the guy on the tractor made the levees he looked like a drunk driver) This is your whole argument in a nutshell rather than measuring and proving it's flat you just take some yahoo's word on it, but you won't take the truth because it doesn't align with your imaginary sky friend. 

Side note: Many don't know this but Arknsas is the largest producer of rice in America, and in case your curious what I'm talking about on the levees - http://www.riceland.com/blog/2016/may/11/riceland-farms-creating-levees/

On the second video (4:40 or so), and I quote "As it magnifies the city and brings it closer we start to lose a little bit of the bottom of the buildings and perhaps it's due to density in the atmosphere there's additional refraction that makes it drop down even more."
    So it magnifies (makes bigger) everything it sees. This means it doesn't cut anything off unless the water is already in the way, but it is so it would magnify the water as well as the building. You can try this at home if you like, I know how you like to do experiments.
    Next he says he doesn't know why the bottom is gone but PERHAPS it's due
    Density of the atmosphere - Have you ever seen fog cut the bottom but not the top of something off when you can obviously see there is water where the bottom of the building SHOULD be if the earth was flat.
    Lastly he say's the flat earthers go to, it's the magic of refraction. I'll say again refraction displaces things. I think this is your example. 

Could you show me on the doll where the bad refraction touched you.... err where it cut stuff off? No you can't because that's NOT what refraction does. When you look at something through two different mediums where one refracts more light than the other the part that is getting more refraction is displaced from the one that isn't. It does NOT BLOCK YOUR VIEW of the object it just appears to move it. Again it doesn't magically cut the bottom off or make it so you can't see the bottom anymore. Something else has to block your view for that to happen... you know like the LAKE. I have read your , I just don't accept your because I see it for the it is. YOU don't perspective or refraction so you think they can do magic to make your god "right", but all they do is make you look like a fool. 

Look I get it, you found something that finally made you feel smart, so you are running with it like Forest Gump. The problem is you understand reality about as much as Forest Gump. The crap you are peddling was disproven 100s of years ago, that is WHY maps changed. But NO we can't have progress, we are too busy worshiping the Sun, Moon, perspective, refraction, and whatever other magic you believe in.
    SilverishGoldNova
    Erfisflat said:
    It's a valid argument within a meme, and your rebuttal is more nonsense.
    It's not a "valid" argument to hit someone. It's not a "valid" argument that you "aren't supposed to see it at all". Per your video "his device says 42.6 miles, and they are about 30ft above sea level. The curvature calculator you linked earlier in the thread makes that Target hidden height 859 ft, the Will's tower 1,450 ft. So as usual you are full of , but rather than going with facts, you talk smack.

ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    Erfisflat said:
    THEDENIER said:

I'm not entirely sure why you're being a douchebag to someone asking questions... You know he hasn't been arguing for or against FET, but your mindless sarcasm and ridicule has a tone of brainwashing. Redirect your argument towards me in the form of  a rebuttal against mine above?
    Well, if you want an explanation, here it is. First of all, you should realize, that you are in no place to play the victim card. If you are defending Fredsnephew then let me make clear that I was never insulting him, I was insulting you. @Fredsnephew If you feel insulted by my earlier comments in any way, shape, or form, then I am deeply sorry, I never meant that as an insult to you. Now back to you Erfisflat. If you are calling yourself "someone asking questions" then I would remind you that you did post this. 
    THEDENIER said:
    Erfisflat said:
    THEDENIER said:

Well, if you want an explanation, here it is. First of all, you should realize, that you are in no place to play the victim card. If you are defending Fredsnephew then let me make clear that I was never insulting him, I was insulting you. @Fredsnephew If you feel insulted by my earlier comments in any way, shape, or form, then I am deeply sorry, I never meant that as an insult to you. Now back to you Erfisflat. If you are calling yourself "someone asking questions" then I would remind you that you did post this. 
    I don't see the point, and I don't see a rebuttal. 

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    THEDENIER said:
    Erfisflat said:
    THEDENIER said:

What? I was not trying to make a point or rebut any point of yours about the flatness of the earth. But let me state one. You talked about what mirages are. Here's a link about what they actually are: tps://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/flat-earth-proof-just-a-mirage/ look at the superior mirages section.

Erfisflat said:
    It's pretty common for you to not see stuff, why would this be any different? Maybe you should get a smart friend to help you?

ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    @Erfisflat I saw the last one and thought of you... (of course #2 fits you pretty good as well)

Erfisflat
  • AlwaysCorrectAlwaysCorrect 279 Pts   -  
    Please get back to arguing about whether the earth is flat. I occasionally browse this thread for the comedy value and insulting each other with memes and image macros just don't do it for me.
    THEDENIER said:
    Erfisflat said:
    THEDENIER said:
    Erfisflat said:
    THEDENIER said:

What? I was not trying to make a point or rebut any point of yours about the flatness of the earth. But let me state one. You talked about what mirages are. Here's a link about what they actually are: tps://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/flat-earth-proof-just-a-mirage/ look at the superior mirages section.

If you're going to offer a rebuttal source, at least give some explanation for the rebuttal, in your own words, so I'm not rebutting some random blogger that can't defend himself here. I did offer a joint university study conducted by the world's leaders on mirages that plainly and repeatedly state that mirages are an inverted image of the original object.

The sight is not uncommon, as your source claims.
    Mr. Nowicki takes them all the time.

https://joshuanowicki.smugmug.com/Looking-toward-Chicago-from-Mi/i-cfmSs4t/A

This blogger claims it can be seen all the time from certain places.
    (He still explains that you shouldn't be able to see it, claiming mirage, he probably hasn't read the study either)

http://swmichigan.org/most-popular/blog/4362-the-view-of-chicago-from-southwestern-michigan-updated.html

http://aty.sdsu.edu/mirages/mirtypes.html

Wayne Dyer
    Please get back to arguing about whether the earth is flat. I occasionally browse this thread for the comedy value and insulting each other with memes and image macros just don't do it for me.
    Too bad you refuse to join the conversation. I'm not able to get on as much lately, sorry to all for any delays.

Wayne Dyer
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch