frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is feminism a functional movement?

Debate Information

Many think the feminist movement has become misguided since the 20th century. In what ways is this true? Why might feminism be deteriorating, if at all?
  1. Live Poll

Feminism is misguided

10 votes
    1. I agree
      70.00%
    2. I disagree
      30.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• hucj_rockhucj_rock 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, it deiffinitely is. Their are many feminists out there today.
  • snlagsinstsnlagsinst 22 Pts   -  
    Feminism is deteriorating, now it could have gone in many paths such as gay/lesbian rights.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I think there are fractions within feminism movement. One aspect of it is equal pay/career opportunities, another LGBT.  
    There are many women out there who still prefer single-income earner roles and taking care of the kids.  Point is people are different, women are different, needs are different.

• nimailmsnimailms 2 Pts   -  
    Feminism is definitely misguided.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I somewhat disagree that it's misguided.  There are many aspects of feminism that I support, like I think it is a good idea to have diversity in the workplace and equal pay.  I don't necessarily embrace or agree all feminism values, but can see how it is important to advocate for these rights.
    Live Long and Prosper