frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Earth is a ball

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• namemcnamenamemcname 88 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova Could you give me some proof this dome exists and when was it discovered?
    SilverishGoldNovafea
  • @SilverishGoldNova Could you give me some proof this dome exists and when was it discovered?
    I can't give you a day it was discovered but heres some proof for ya right here buddy

fea
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova Ignore my detailed post explaining why you assume it's 2-D.

Sure man do what you want.
    fea
  • @someone234 So, you have to get EVEN FARTHER to see the curvature, at a height where at any area we should notice significant curvature. Yeah ok....
    fea
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @SilverishGoldNova The thing is since we are 3-dimensional beings WE CAN ONLY PERCEIVE LONGITUDE AND LATITUDE BUT NOT 'depth' YOU SEE???????
    you don't ever perceive the real 'forward backward' plane of any given scenario, you assume it based on shadows and angles.

SO SINCE WE ARE NOT 4+ IN DIMENSIONS....... dun dun dunnnn we will never know 100% if Earth is 3d or not but due to logic if we are 3D then the thing we are in is 3D.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @someone234 Ok, now the Earth is not flat because we are not 4d aliens... I'm done. You're a clear troll. You remind me of that girl who claimed that she spoke fluent american and thinks England is the closest planet to the sun.

@SilverishGoldNova I don't care who I remind you of, I care who I really am and what I speak and what I speak is the truth.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Nope said:
    someone234 Flat earthers often say you go in a circle some how. They say seen you only really fly around the world the planes go in circles. 
    Is this a flat earth defense? 
    someone234
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    @someone234 Ok so your argument is, because some animals are only found in the "south pole", the Earth isn't flat. Do I have that right?
    I think it really is. See how quickly he dropped it.
    SilverishGoldNova
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat I will explain to you something I already explained.

1) We are 3-D beings so whatever encases us cannot be 2-D
    2) A being of any number of dimensions can perceive only ONE BELOW that number of dimensions in any physical sense so it's always going to be a doubt if the depth is real or fake.
    3) Unless you think every single NASA photo was photoshopped, you need to start facing reality bit by bit.
    @Erfisflat I will explain to you something I already explained.

1) We are 3-D beings so whatever encases us cannot be 2-D

Who says it is?

2) A being of any number of dimensions can perceive only ONE BELOW that number of dimensions in any physical sense so it's always going to be a doubt if the depth is real or fake.
    What the San hill does this have to do with the shape of the earth?

3) Unless you think every single NASA photo was photoshopped, you need to start facing reality bit by bit.

Post one
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat I assume you will tell me they are all photoshopped or real photos but of fake constructed things that are not the actual Earth but since I haven't confirmed how deep of a narcissist you are I will give benefit of the doubt and provide the photos you ask for.
    https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/africa-and-europe-from-a-million-miles-away
    IMG for this source:

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/nasa-captures-epic-earth-image
    IMG:

That's just 2 from slightly different angles. How can both be the same circle?

SilverishGoldNovaErfisflat
    " I assume you will tell me they are all photoshopped or real photos but of fake constructed things that are not the actual Earth but since I haven't confirmed how deep of a narcissist you are I will give benefit of the doubt and provide the photos you ask for."

Yes you've pulled up a few that are actually claimed to be real. Let's look at the second image, then go over taking images on a computer as scientific evidence at all.

Flip It.

Look in the upper right side.

I assume you will tell me they are real cloud formations on the day NASA took this "photo" of earth, but since I haven't confirmed how deep of a narcissist you are I will give benefit of doubt.

@someone234
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited December 2017

Would you take anyone seriously if they said they had a picture of a 200 foot gorilla and foolishly made fun of you for not thinking this should be the end all piece of evidence for king Kong's existence? You'd think I had the mind of a four year old. Think about it. You've never seen either one for yourself.
    @someone234
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    And your final point is incoherent @someone234

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat What if it isn't a Sex... but a backwards 'Yes' that you have falsely connected a gap in?

What if the Aliens are trying to say 'yes' to those who believe it's round? What if they are putting 'sex' there for the ones who think too fast to think deep and jump to the easiest answer? 

In time you will question your own questioning but for now you are just a single-level conspirator.

I am the rebel of the rebels, I am not the conformist you think me to be.
    @Erfisflat What if it isn't a Sex... but a backwards 'Yes' that you have falsely connected a gap in?

What if the Aliens are trying to say 'yes' to those who believe it's round? What if they are putting 'sex' there for the ones who think too fast to think deep and jump to the easiest answer? 

In time you will question your own questioning but for now you are just a single-level conspirator.

I am the rebel of the rebels, I am not the conformist you think me to be.
    What shape is the earth? Why?

Wayne Dyer
    Why are you building all these strawmen?

Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    Why are you building all these strawmen?
    Xes (not a typo), why is he?

@Erfisflat When you say 'why' I just want to reword it for perfect clarity as 'why not not' because you are thinking about it all wrong.

The question isn't WHY it's round but that it couldn't possibly have a 'why' to not be at least slightly resembling of a sphere...

Nevermind you just can't comprehend... What is beyond...

The idea that even though you are 3D, only 2D is known to you.
    So you think you know the earth is a ball? Because you can't see 3d? Are you a bot?
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat If I am, for some reason I am cursed with consciousness of my AI program that is what I assume to be my brain.

I have a concept of free will and I enjoy it so I shall cling to it desperately. I do this out of stupidity because intelligence is never worth the price of depression.

Nihilists are suicidal, nihilists are lost for they value pure truth above pleasant truth.

What is there to uncover? What is there to 'unlock'? You fight so hard against NASA but if anyone is in touch with our superior beings (the alien overlords as well as the even more alien demigods) oh the illusions we deny and yet hold at the same time...

Who are you? Really answer that question. You are Jack? You are Nicholas? Whatever your name may be... You are not. That is the identity you are chained by... You are chained to stick to the ideology of flat earth due to the username you chose and your past posts on this site. It would completely humiliate you and destroy your version of 'pleasant truth' to even contemplate that the conspiracy is futile and that NASA, even if they hide the full truth, is not necessarily lying nonetheless.

What is 'round' and what is 'flat'? Are you 2-D? If not, then that which encases you and embodies you as a part of it must either have more or equal dimensions to your 3-D self.

We are pawns on a chess board but believe me, even the players are chained to their own chessboard on which they are pawns infinitely so.

I used to think I was insane, I used to think I just 'sound philosophical for the sake of it' but really I actually make perfect sense because I've tried so hard to believe otherwise and it really is complete nonsense.
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    @Erfisflat If I am, for some reason I am cursed with consciousness of my AI program that is what I assume to be my brain.

I have a concept of free will and I enjoy it so I shall cling to it desperately. I do this out of stupidity because intelligence is never worth the price of depression.

Nihilists are suicidal, nihilists are lost for they value pure truth above pleasant truth.

What is there to uncover? What is there to 'unlock'? You fight so hard against NASA but if anyone is in touch with our superior beings (the alien overlords as well as the even more alien demigods) oh the illusions we deny and yet hold at the same time...

Who are you? Really answer that question. You are Jack? You are Nicholas? Whatever your name may be... You are not. That is the identity you are chained by... You are chained to stick to the ideology of flat earth due to the username you chose and your past posts on this site. It would completely humiliate you and destroy your version of 'pleasant truth' to even contemplate that the conspiracy is futile and that NASA, even if they hide the full truth, is not necessarily lying nonetheless.

What is 'round' and what is 'flat'? Are you 2-D? If not, then that which encases you and embodies you as a part of it must either have more or equal dimensions to your 3-D self.

We are pawns on a chess board but believe me, even the players are chained to their own chessboard on which they are pawns infinitely so.

I used to think I was insane, I used to think I just 'sound philosophical for the sake of it' but really I actually make perfect sense because I've tried so hard to believe otherwise and it really is complete nonsense.
    I've measured the earth. There is no curvature in objective reality. Can you get on topic or move along? How do you explain this?

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat This is where you are wrong. There is no 'straight' in reality because everything bends back in on itself.
    Meh, it's too late for one of these. I'm having trouble remaining civil. Post something relevant or this will likely get deleted.

Wayne Dyer
    It is all relevant but if deleting it makes you feel like you won the debate then by all means abuse your power and please yourself.

I am not in a position to question the admins.
    It is all relevant but if deleting it makes you feel like you won the debate then by all means abuse your power and please yourself.

I am not in a position to question the admins.
    You haven't made any points aside from pictures from space, which I addressed, which I might add is 2d. I'm not even entirely sure on your position as I've asked this a few times, why it is so, and you continue talking about the alternate dimensions, which is a very nice fantasy story, but as I've said, it is late, and you now appear to be trolling.

Wayne Dyer
    Alternate/parallel dimensions are ultimately a futile point. They definitely exist but it is futile to predict that they matter because they themselves operate in a 'one' in the end.

The term parallel dimension is wrong English but it is the most used term for the theory. 

Anyway, in no version of a reality you can fathom can a 3-d entity exist in a 2-D globe/Earth. Please think about what you are saying.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @someone234 said: incompetent drivel and:

"Anyway, in no version of a reality you can fathom can a 3-d entity exist in a 2-D globe/Earth. Please think about what you are saying."

You are telling me you think earth is a circle? There is no such thing as a 2d globe. Spheres and globes are 3d, agreed?

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat I agree and do you agree that you and all things in this world are 3-D or less-D in terms of what we can comprehend physically as 3-D entities ourselves?
    Less-d? Yes-d.

Wayne Dyer
    Now connect this statement with an argument for or against ball earth please.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat Okay but if the thing encasing us is a 2-D circle how do we have this?

THIS IS ABOUT DIMENSIONS, IT IS ABOUT REALITY!!!!!!!
    SilverishGoldNova
    @Erfisflat Okay but if the thing encasing us is a 2-D circle how do we have this?

THIS IS ABOUT DIMENSIONS, IT IS ABOUT REALITY!!!!!!!
    Sorry, but who is arguing that the earth is 2 dimensional?
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat What do you define as flat?
    A level surface from each end of the earth. The water takes the shape of its container and seeks a flat, level surface. This is the natural, objective reality, physical properties of water. Of course I'm not arguing that the earth is a fvcking post stamp. We know it has depth. It is not a ball. If you think it is, please state your arguments and evidence.  

Wayne Dyer
    If I slowly bend a line it appears relatively straight enough for long enough from many eye angles.
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Erfisflat said:
    So you think you know the earth is a ball? Because you can't see 3d? Are you a bot?
    Earlier he claimed that the earth can't be flat because we haven't asked our 4d and 5d alien overlords. I doubt he's interested in real FE discussion and is trolling atleast in this thread

Okay Erfisflat, BOP is on you to prove the statement that "one can conclude that the Earth is flat."

Would you be willing to bet me then that the Earth is actually flat? Say maybe for a cool $10,000?

If however you are unwilling to take me up on this bet I understand. One possible explanation for this could be because you don't actually believe in what you are saying, or have very low trust in your own conclusion. 

We can conclude then that *you* -Erfisflat- might not conclude that the Earth is actually flat or I will make $10,000 :P
    I'll take that bet, sorry I was away for a while. Do you have $10,000?

Wayne Dyer
    All we’re saying is research it. If you can debunk it, please do, and the sooner the better. We’re not going to be mad. We invite the discussion. But, we’re not going to go away until that happens.

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer
  • EdrilEdril 67 Pts   -   edited December 2017

@Erfisflat

How do the north and south stars fit into the flat earth model?

Why does someone in the northern hemisphere see a different celestial pole than someone in the southern hemisphere?

I fully explained the the Earth has to be 3D and you just come with mumbo jumbo about a 3D flat Earth.
  • EdrilEdril 67 Pts   -  
    @someone234
    Flat earth proponents do not think we live in a 2d world.
    Flatness does not equal 2 dimensional.
    A piece of paper has 3 dimensions; length, width and thickness.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • Edril said:
    @someone234
    Flat earth proponents do not think we live in a 2d world.
    Flatness does not equal 2 dimensional.
    A piece of paper has 3 dimensions; length, width and thickness.
    I think 234 is a troll. He earlier claimed the Earth cannot be flat because our 4d alien overlords and 5d demigods cant see 3d.

@Edril So how is it that where you begin you always can go around the world 360°?
    @SilverishGoldNova you are yet to refute what I said.
  • EdrilEdril 67 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @someone234
    If you want to debate someone you have to steel man their arguments.
    You a presenting strawmen. 

The flat earth model suggests that when we think we are moving in a straight line eastward, we are actually moving in a curved line. 

Google flat earth map and you'll see what they mean.
    SilverishGoldNova
    @Edril Their map doesn't explain why the world has no edges in the middle of the ocean.
  • @SilverishGoldNova you are yet to refute what I said.
    There's nothing to refute. "4d demigods" or whatever is a random statement not an argument

This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch