frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

In this Debate

Black Panther and immigration. SPOILERS

Debate Information

I just watched Black Panther.  Great movie and it addressed an issue I didn't expect it to.  It had this core message of "Should we keep all this to ourselves, or let people in?"  The answer, in the end, was "Let's give to others what we have."  

How is this relevant to us?  I think it brings an amazing solution to immigration in the U.S right now.  People are yelling about closing off our borders and wanting us to let everyone in.  Others want to close off from others, like Wakanda, and leave out immigrants.  I think we should not look at either, but to what Wakanda did.

We should not let everyone in, this has led to corruption in our country, but we also should reach out.  Why are they coming to us?  For hope.  We are a nation of hope for a new life.  Why aren't we fixing that?  Why aren't we going to them and actively reaching out?

There is a Bible verse that says "Go into all the nations-."  We aren't doing this.  There are people I know who went to Cambodia 25 years ago to revive the country, having been led by God.  They focused on the children, the poor, and the widows.  Now, a once war torn country is really turning over and has been prospering.  Why? Those kids they started with grew up.  The same goes for Africa.  20 years ago, that continent was different.  Now, the countries are really starting to thrive.  We as a nation need to do this with Mexico, Korea, Iran, Iraq, and anyone who wants to leave a hopeless life.  We need to take up initiative and change the world for the better.
agsrCuriousGeorgeBaconToes

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
56%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @SuperSith89, it's a great point.  We should send a copy of the movie to Trump :)

closing off borders and taking away hope isn't what we are about as a nation.  Dunce pilgrims came here we continued to take in those who needed a better life and pursuit of American Dream.
    BaconToes
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney