frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

In this Debate

What Are Your Favorite/Least Favorite Football (Soccer) Clubs/Players/National Teams?

Debate Information

What the title says.

FAVORITE CLUBS:
1. Ipswich Town (I don't know what it is about Ipswich that I find so attractive, the badge, the people, or the fact that half of their exports are completely useless, there's something that's always inspired me to lead this club to be quite a powerhouse on Football Manager)
2. Charlotte Independence, North Carolina FC (local)
3. FK Molde (Great people, and Another team I took to glory on FM)
4. Ajax Amsterdam
5. St. Pauli (I know you alt-righters and far righters are probably snickering over this one, but I like them for different reasons. Very charitable side.) 
6. Olympiakos
7. D.C. United (THAT header by Eddie Pope in the '96 MLS Cup was the start of my love affair with D.C. United)
8. Bari (I kind of miss their old logo. That was cool)
9. Union Berlin
10. Clermont Foot Auverne

HONORABLE MENTIONS (IN NO ORDER):
Chapecoense (RIP)
Necaxa (Saw a series on this team on Netflix and enjoyed it)
Wellington Phoenix (Where I got the inspiration for my national flag in ArmA III and DebateIsland avatar)
Glasgow Rangers
Leicester City (Never forget, the pizza boy himself, Claudio Ranieri)

LEAST FAVORITE CLUBS:
1. Beitar Jerusalem (Racism abound in this club, and people say Zenit St. Petersburg have it bad)

FAVORITE PLAYERS:
1. Jostein Flo (One of the key players of that great 1990's Norway squad)
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Most people may not like him for his attitude, but I think his interviews are pretty funny)
3. Eddie Pope
4. Tim Howard
5. Dennis Bergkamp (The goal against Argentina in 98 WC, that was so amazing)
6. Gylfi Sigurdsson
7. Jari Litmanen
8. Michael Laudrup
9. Peter Schmiechel
10. Jan Dam (Or as I like to call him, Rob... Jan... Dam. Also every cross is a 'Jan Daminator'. I've basically turned a Faroese player into a running WWE gag.)

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Michael Owen
Christian Vieri
Demetrio Albertini
Landon Donovan
Andrea Pirlo
Kjetil Rekdal
Gianfranco Zola
Tomas Rosicky (The biggest metalhead in all of FIFA)
Andriy Shevchenko
Carlos Valderrama
Alexi Lalas
Roy Lassiter
Socrates (Brazil)

LEAST FAVORITE PLAYERS:
(None currently, although Luis Suarez and Torsten Frings were once on this list for vampirism and a handball against the U.S.A. in the 2002 WCQF (that World Cup was just marred with controversy, wasn't it?) respectively)

FAVORITE NATIONAL TEAMS:
1. Scandinavian countries (Norway, Finland, Sweden, Faroe Islands, Denmark, Iceland)
2. United States (local)
3. Netherlands
4. Scotland
5. Italy
6. Costa Rica
7. Czech Republic
8. Bosnia & Herzegovina
9. Ukraine
10. Japan

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
Australia
Bulgaria
Haiti
Canada
Paraguay
Colombia

Hopefully this will be a healthy debate and good luck to any football fans willing to share their top 10's.
joecavalry

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
44%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    I like the United States nation team.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover.