frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

King of the “Contactees” George Adamski says he met with aliens. Was it fake?

Debate Information

"In November 1952, a man named George Adamski, a Polish-born, California-bred ranch owner and operator of a burger stand, claimed that he and several friends were walking in the desert near Desert Center, California when an alien spacecraft swooped down and landed near them. Adamski claimed he went off alone and encountered a second ship, out of which clambered a golden-haired alien named Orthon. Supposedly from the planet Venus, Orthon came with a message of peace, warning Adamski of the dangers of nuclear war. After he got back in his ship and flew away Adamski and his friends said they took plaster casts of Orthon’s footprints–ostensibly to prove he was really there. Adamski further claimed that he returned to the landing site a few weeks later, on December 13, 1952. As the Venusians’ ship descended to meet him, he took a photograph of it–the first clear picture ever of a flying saucer, which would eventually become easily the most famous photo of a UFO. The following year Adamski began publishing books about his experiences with the “space brothers.” In Flying Saucers Have Landed, published in 1953, and Inside the Space Ships, published in 1955, Adamski waxed eloquent about the fabulous civilization of the Venusians, who wanted to bring peace to Earth. Jesus Christ, according to Orthon, was one of these emissaries. When they wanted to, the Venusians could pass as humans, and Adamski said he met some of them in various Southern California bars."

1. Live Poll

Was it fake?

2 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%
    3. Maybe
        0.00%
I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    No, the aliens come in via the portal at the north pole.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    It was fake. There are many problems with it. 

The first problem with it is Venus This is where he said was the “space brother's” home planet, in reality, it is totally inhospitable to any life, much less life that resembled Earthlings closely enough to go to bars in Southern California. Life would have had to of evolved much differently for the following reasons. The temperature on Venus is hot enough to melt lead and its carbon-dioxide atmosphere was full of sulfuric acid rain. This was not unknown to scientists in 1954 even though it would be several more years before space probes reached the planet. Furthermore, his proof was pretty shaky. A photographic expert examined the  1952 photo and said it wasn’t a flying saucer at all. It was a streetlight. Its exposed “landing gear” was actually light bulbs. Even Adamski’s own witnesses–the people who had been with him for various sightings–told contradictory stories. In short, Adamski made up the whole thing.

That Adamski was a fraud was evident just by looking a bit into his background. A drifter who supported himself in the early years mostly by manual labor–though he was in the Army during World War I–Adamski got into the occult in California in the 1920s, forming something called the Royal Order of Tibet. Aside from whatever dubious spiritual benefits the Order conferred, it also afforded him an opportunity to make wine. This was during Prohibition, and one of the few exemptions was for religious orders that used wine for sacramental purposes. The Royal Order of Tibet was very small, but it wound up making a lot of wine–enough, conveniently, to provide Adamski a profitable business. This business ended when Prohibition was repealed in 1933. At that point, according to one witness, Adamski said that he had to get into “the flying saucer crap.” Also, it turned out his accounts of journeys through the solar system with the Venusians were eerily similar to a science fiction novel that was ghost-written for him in 1949, three years before he claimed he ever met Orthon.

@someone234 Ok. Do you, you know, have evidence for this portal?

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
    They don't come from the sky, they come from under.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    They don't come from the sky, they come from under.
    Ok. Do you have evidence. This also contradicts your first statement. You said no. Meaning it is not fake. Which is it? 

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue it's not fake.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue it's not fake.
    You said, "No, ...". My question was, "Was it fake?" Your answer was that it was not. Then you said something that contradicts it. You said, "They don't come from the sky, they come from under." This means what George said was fake because he said it comes from the sky. You also ignore the evidence part I asked for. 
    someone234

I friended myself! 
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    It rises in stealth-mode
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    I don't know how to respond. Am I seeing things or did you just say
    I guess I will just repost it. You said, "No, ...". My question was, "Was it fake?" Your answer was that it was not. Then you said something that contradicts it. You said, "They don't come from the sky, they come from under." This means what George said was fake because he said it comes from the sky. You also ignore the evidence part I asked for. 

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    What? The model is poorly drawn out. What is the gray blob? What relevence does this have?

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue You won't find evidence for people who work like the Mafia but are 10000x smarter than humans.

They don't leave evidence.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue You won't find evidence for people who work like the Mafia but are 10000x smarter than humans.

They don't leave evidence.
    So you can not confirm it. This is irrelevant to this debate. How do you know they are 10000x smarter than humans?

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue Because they like me and have granted me some of their intelligence.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue Because they like me and have granted me some of their intelligence.
    So you ignore how you countered your own point. You said, "No, ...". My question was, "Was it fake?" Your answer was that it was not. Then you said something that contradicts it. You said, "They don't come from the sky, they come from under." This means what George said was fake because he said it comes from the sky. You also ignore the evidence part I asked for. 

How do you know they granted you intelligence? You just make assertions. 

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue In time all will become clear. the sky is an illusion.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue In time all will become clear. the sky is an illusion.
    How so? All you do is assert. Can we go back on topic to the actual debate? Please support how his cliams are right and wrong because you took both positions. 

I friended myself! 
    Pogue
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Stop. That is irrelevant. 

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue What he saw was what he said. Where they came from was the portal in the North Pole, they then came at him from high above and he assumed from outer space.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue What he saw was what he said. Where they came from was the portal in the North Pole, they then came at him from high above and he assumed from outer space.
    He said they came from Venus and the alien said they came from Venus. If you are right, it means this isn’t false and if he is right you are wrong. Not to mention that Venus could not support life that looks like Californians let alone life. 

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue they can lie to him. They didn't though. Venus is another plane like this one.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue they can lie to him. They didn't though. Venus is another plane like this one.
    Then why do we observe it round? You said they come from the North Pole. Your argument is filled with contradictions with him and with yourself!

I friended myself! 
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch