frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Expanding Earth VS Pangaea

Debate Information

Does the expanding Earth theory make more sense than the Pangaea theory?
aarong
  1. Live Poll

?

7 votes
    1. Expanding Earth
      14.29%
    2. Pangaea
      85.71%
i fart cows

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Pangea is the absolute truth. Do not have doubt in that but note that where the theory goes wrong is when people forget that the north pole is the middle, not the top.
    BaconToes
  • EmeryPearsonEmeryPearson 151 Pts   -  
    Expanding Earth has been relegated to the past for a reason, it makes no sense.

And it's not Pangea which replaced it, it was Plate Tectonics.
    @EmeryPearson Pangea didn't replace anything, Pangea was absolute truth. 
    It's not a theory. Plate Tectonics is the theory he's referring to.
    @EmeryPearson I am telling you something. Imagine Pangea is endlessly having sea around it that freezes at Antarctica which was a land-ring around the world or at least a partially formed one. This freezing persists. thank you.

Also in Pangea were the original humans who are now vampires hiding in the North Pole. They are most certainly not dinosaurs.
    EmeryPearsonBaconToesIdeaoftheEndless
    @someone234

That doesn't make Pangea a theory. It's not. Simply a fact. Plate Tectonics is.

https://www.livescience.com/37706-what-is-plate-tectonics.html
    PogueIdeaoftheEndless
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Pangea is the absolute truth. Do not have doubt in that but note that where the theory goes wrong is when people forget that the north pole is the middle, not the top.
    It contradicts the flat Earth. Antartica is crucial to Pangea and on Pangea, it is so much farther North. On the Flat Earth, Antartica is an Ice Wall. 
    EmeryPearson
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue The wall isn't ice. The wall is the actual genuine sky meeting the ice. Back then it was rock and water.
    EmeryPearson
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Pangea was a supercontinent continent 250 million years ago. There is a lot of evidence for it too. One of them being that continents are moving today. So why would they not be moving in the past? The answer is that they did move. Another piece of evidence is that coal was found in Antarctica. This means it had to have moved to the equator or much closer to it. Coal form from dead plants. Antarctica is too cold for plants to live there so it must have moved (Paleoclimates). Another proof is that they’re are like puzzle pieces. South America and Africa closely fit together like a puzzle. This is also true for a lot of southern hemisphere continents: they match up just like the northern hemisphere. Another proof is the rock layers. The person who proposed this found that rock layers match up directly in South America and Africa (in the parts we think were connected). In European mountains and North American mountains, the rock layers also match up and are roughly the same age. This is also in a part we thought was connected. The final piece of evidence is, of course, the fossil record. We found the same species of animals on multiple continents/tectonic plates. It would be impossible for all of them to have evolved the same exact way. They are also on a path that confirms how we think Pangea looked.

Fun Fact: Paleoclimates is a debunk for the Flat Earth.

Now on to the expanding Earth "theory". The Earth does expand and contract but it is very minor and you can't really call it expanding or contracting. It is just new land getting exposed etc.

The one I think you are referring to is the one where just gets bigger and bigger. Kind of like this. 
    Image result for expanding earth
    This has many flaws. One of them is that if it grows in mass and volume, gravity would get stronger meaning the moon would get pulled in and since gravity is getting stronger and stronger we would not be able to stand upright because the gravity would be so strong. If it had the same mass but expanded in volume, the density would be very different. 
    someone234BaconToes

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue Very true. Earth is not expanding, we are small and must respect the superior ones.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue Very true. Earth is not expanding, we are small and must respect the superior ones.
    I do agree with that. We are very small.
    someone234

I friended myself! 
    I agree with Pogue on this one. Plate Tectonics, and the existence of Pangea actually work against Flat-Earth.

If Flat-Earth is true, all of geology is wrong, and God created the continents in their present positions.
    Pogue
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @EmeryPearson this is strawman to the core and I won't address it. FE is not contradicted by PANGEA drifting into continents at all. Things drift, the plates can be infinitely deep in a flat earth but can't be infinitely deep and complex in a round earth.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @EmeryPearson this is strawman to the core and I won't address it. FE is not contradicted by PANGEA drifting into continents at all. Things drift, the plates can be infinitely deep in a flat earth but can't be infinitely deep and complex in a round earth.
    Another disproof of the flat Earth is Paleoclimates. Antartica has coal. Coal is only formed in areas with plants. Antartica is too cold for that. So it would have had to have been closer to the Equator where it is hotter. If Antartica is a wall, this would be impossible. 

I friended myself! 
    @someone234

So your a Flat-Earther Believer, but not a young-earth creationist?
    Pogue
    @EmeryPearson Young or old, dinosaurs are nonsense. Creationism is true. The original species only evolved within themselves and 'breeds' evolved but never species except for single-cellular organisms as they can actually mutate so randomly and replicate from their own mutation there and then.
    BaconToes
    @someone234

In that case, geology and Pangea are incompatible with your views.

Young Earth Creationism proposes the Earth was made as it is only a few thousand years ago.
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @EmeryPearson Fossils lied yes. They were planted by the original humans who have evolved into a variety of species including vampires and lycanthropes and hang out in the north pole underwater in a kingdom similar to Atlantis. They live forever, think forever, persist forever. That's the real heaven/paradise and I need to get there before I die thanks for your understanding.

Reptilian dinosaurs cannot evolve into mammalian primates. :)

I understand crocodiles being from dinosaurs but a giraffe from Sauropods? LOL!
    BaconToes
    @someone234

Lol, are you just trolling? Or is your worldview actually this contradictory? 

Creationism doesn't work with plate tectonics. Not enough time passed for Pangea to form or break up.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @EmeryPearson Fossils lied yes. They were planted by the original humans who have evolved into a variety of species including vampires and lycanthropes and hang out in the north pole underwater in a kingdom similar to Atlantis. They live forever, think forever, persist forever. That's the real heaven/paradise and I need to get there before I die thanks for your understanding.

Reptilian dinosaurs cannot evolve into mammalian primates. :)

I understand crocodiles being from dinosaurs but a giraffe from Sauropods? LOL!
    Evolution is a long process. It is small genetic mutations at a time. These can make wild differences. Also, if a species can't survive it will die or adapt to the environment causing new species and life. Pangea's evidence is based on fossils and evidence we use for fossils (to date them). LOL!

I friended myself! 
    @EmeryPearson Humans are far, far older than you think.

Those that found what lies in the north pole oh my lord they are demigods by now (the originals).
    @Pogue Two species can't mate to make fertile offspring, you can't evolve a new species only a new breed within a species.

Exception: single-celled organism that can self-replicated their mutation as is.
    PogueEmeryPearsonBaconToes
    @someone234

Yes, but only in your pesudo-urban-cool-guy relgion. I am not a member of your faithful, so it's not true for me.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue Two species can't mate to make fertile offspring, you can't evolve a new species only a new breed within a species.

Exception: single-celled organism that can self-replicated their mutation as is.
    That is not what evolution says. You ignored and straw manned my argument. You also straw manned Evolution. Bye. I have to go, 
    EmeryPearson

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue I didn't strawman evolution, evolution is actually that strawman in structure.
    PogueEmeryPearson
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue I didn't strawman evolution, evolution is actually that strawman in structure.
    You ignore like 90% of my argument and straw manned me again. I explained this in my previous argument. You know, the one you responded to. 

I friended myself! 
    @Pogue I know why this is angering you, I didn't feel anger I felt shock and awe when I realised. We all deal with trauma in different ways.
    PogueBaconToes
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Pogue I know why this is angering you, I didn't feel anger I felt shock and awe when I realised. We all deal with trauma in different ways.
    Why what is angering me? That is irrelevant too. Realised what? If this is about the messaging we have, don't post about it here. Please. 

I friended myself! 
    @someone234

I suggest your read Robert E. Howard's Hyboria novels. (Conan the Barbarian)

You would like them, as it goes into the fictional past if humans were always here. What you describe ironically fits his universe very well.

On a curious note. What about Pannotia? The Supercontinent before Pangea, and the supercontinent before that one. Do you believe in these as well, or do you only reject the fossil portion of Geology?