frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Systemic Racism does not exist in the current state of western democracy

Debate Information

If you follow my previous debates, you may know that I tend to create long, verbose paragraphs on the topic which I wish to discuss. This will not be the case in this specific persuade me debate, as I believe the argument is crystal clear. In the current state of our society, there is no right exclusively afforded to anglo-saxon Americans not afforded to others on the sole basis of their race. I urge you to persuade me otherwise
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    I just read this morning that the New York City mayor de Blazio wants to change the legal system of acceptance into elite schools in the city to favor the poor more than the talented, and one of the main arguments he used was that "Our schools have too little diversity", implying that too many students there are Asian. This is already an example of an introduction of systematic racism, even if implicit. I seriously doubt that across the whole large country, across all 50 states + multiple special territories, across each individual city and town and village, there is not a single case of systemic racism - when we can see racist laws implemented in real time even in the most modern and progressive cities in America.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    What do you want to debate? The title says systematic racism but in your post you talk about whether they have the same rights, which is a much lower and seperate benchmark especially when merely considering de jure rights.
  • JuicyMelonTechJuicyMelonTech 98 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    I just read this morning that the New York City mayor de Blazio wants to change the legal system of acceptance into elite schools in the city to favor the poor more than the talented, and one of the main arguments he used was that "Our schools have too little diversity", implying that too many students there are Asian. This is already an example of an introduction of systematic racism, even if implicit. I seriously doubt that across the whole large country, across all 50 states + multiple special territories, across each individual city and town and village, there is not a single case of systemic racism - when we can see racist laws implemented in real time even in the most modern and progressive cities in America.
    I completely forgot to factor in affirmative action laws.
  • drodgersdrodgers 35 Pts   -  
    It looks like your heading and starting statement are inherently flawed.  If systemic racism against anglo-saxons is occurring, then it exists in western democracy.

Is there some reason you only want to prove/disprove it's not happening to only non-anglo's?  If so, your heading needs to change I think.
  • brontoraptorbrontoraptor 123 Pts   -  
    @JuicyMelonTech

I agree with you, but there is systematic racism. Whites will never get affirmative action (systematic racism), and liberal colleges will continue to use systematic racism towards Asians.
    drodgers