frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

United States - In-Depth Debate

Debate Information

I'm a African American, I live in America and I was wondering, does anyone else think just how great America is? I hear all the time that we are lucky to have the freedoms we have, we are blessed to be able to have our say so in our government, our military is the strongest and there are none willing to fight us. Just how great is America to you? What are problems you have with America and what are positives?
joecavalry

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Joe545Joe545 13 Pts   -  
    I have no problem with the States. As a relatively patriotic Briton, I can still agree that the United States has one of the best economic systems out of all the countries, and it offends me when people say they hate the country so much. I've heard people call it a dictatorship, a police state, and in most cases people call it a racist and fascist country. I want to know their reasons and proof.
    GatMan
  • Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -  
    It's a pretty good country to live in from what I've heard. It, like all countries, has both good and bad things about it. But it would be high on my list of countries I'd most like to live in.
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    The United States is a great country and due to Trump’s great agenda, it’s being further boosted.
    DrCerealZombieguy1987
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    The US is one of the best countries on Earth to live in, at least, for the people with my mentality. Different people prefer different societal organizations, but the US offers the one that is closest to what I see as a perfect system (only Switzerland disputes the top spot). This country is full of opportunities, it has very friendly and optimistic people all around the country, it leaves the individuals mostly free to live however they see fit, it has incredibly beautiful and diverse landscapes, it is the world's scientific and technological leader by a wide margin, and it is by far the most influential country in the world.

As any other country, it does have its downsides. Infrastructure in most states could use some innovation, the mainstream school education system is somewhat dubious, the healthcare system is extremely overpriced (although its quality is very high), some areas and neighborhoods do not match the rest of the country in quality of life, and the crime rates are much higher than what a First World country should be able to bear without shame - but overall, the average citizen in the US has their dreams in their hands, as long as they are willing to work hard in order to obtain it.

I wish we had a better leadership, too, especially compared to the last couple of years - but this is a universal problem: people are always unhappy with their governments.
    Zombieguy1987