frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Nest a Better Wi-Fi Learning Thermostat than Ecobee 3?

Debate Information

CLICK on the IMAGE to view the item on Amazon.
NEST:

ECOBEE 3:
Is Nest a Better Wi-Fi Learning Thermostat than Ecobee 3?
  1. Live Poll

What Do You Think?

6 votes
    1. Yes, Nest Is Better.
      100.00%
    2. No, Ecobee Is Better.
        0.00%
DebateIsland.com Founder/Administrator | Contact Me Via Private Messaging (aarong), Contact Support At customerservice@debateisland.com | Happy Debating! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• abigailg2008abigailg2008 49 Pts   -  
    I also think that NEST IS BETTER THAN ECOBEE 3, because it simply is more popular and is owned by Google which is a very credible and popular company.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I believe that Nest is a better product.
    1) It has a great feature that monitors gps locations of all family members to know how far they are away from the property. It is smart enough to know to start preheating/precooling once one of family members get closer to the house.
    2) Nest is easy to install and doesnt require an expensive electrician installation, saving you $100s. Many older homes dont have a common (c-wire) that is required for the ecobee installation. Nest is okay to install without the common wire, which is a definite saving.
    3) nest often has deeper discounts than exobee, although both of them retail for the same price. Also both thermostats often have a rebate from the gas/electric provider. For example, until dec 31st you can get a $75 from nationalgrid.

Overall, both are great thermostats. It will save you money on your gas/electric bill (15-25%), it is cool, and will make you feel that you made a smart decision regardless which thermostat you get. Most people I know have no regrets. Nest though in my opinion has a slight lead due to the overall cost and extra functionality.
    aarong
    Live Long and Prosper
  • In my opinion, Nest is a better thermostat for many reasons.
    Here are some-
    1) more marketing.
    2) easy-install.
    3) in most cases, no lectrician required.
    4) owned by Google, a very reputable company.
    These are just some reasons.
  • I also think Nest is better, one of the main reasons for me is the easy install and it's owned by Google.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Nest is the way to go. The more you use it the smarter it gets. I love the feature where it figures out when you leave the house based on your phone gps location
    Live Long and Prosper
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    At first I was annoyed with Nest as it was trying to learn. Now its in auto pilot and I love it.