frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you think hate speech is real?

Debate Information

So there's been so much talk about "hate speech" and the ways I've heard it be defined by the left or at least the snowflakes. Is hate speech can be Anything from using improper pro nouns, all the way to racist slurs. Well the true definition of it is, speech that directly insites violence. If I call someone a him or her and they identify as being the opposite sex and ask me to call them by pronouns they clearly are not. And I decide not use their idea of what their proper pronoun is, and if that just hurts their feelings I could be labeled as intolerant. Or a racist or whatever they wish to call me. Even though I'm clearly not. Shouldn't that in turn be defined as hate speech? They are mis labeling me based off their opinion. Well that's what I did to them. But why does them spewing nasty words then I use get applauded. I'm calling you what you biologically are. A man cannot be a women and vice versa. You can Identify as whatever you want. That simply doesn't make it so. I'm not speaking hate. I'm speaking truth. They hate me for that so call me whatever they want and use their mental disorder to make it ok. That should be a real crime. I don't think hate speech exsists. I do however believe sensitive pussies who can't handle the real world do.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    So there's been so much talk about "hate speech" and the ways I've heard it be defined by the left or at least the snowflakes. Is hate speech can be Anything from using improper pro nouns, all the way to racist slurs. Well the true definition of it is, speech that directly insites violence. If I call someone a him or her and they identify as being the opposite sex and ask me to call them by pronouns they clearly are not. And I decide not use their idea of what their proper pronoun is, and if that just hurts their feelings I could be labeled as intolerant. Or a racist or whatever they wish to call me. Even though I'm clearly not. Shouldn't that in turn be defined as hate speech? They are mis labeling me based off their opinion. Well that's what I did to them. But why does them spewing nasty words then I use get applauded. I'm calling you what you biologically are. A man cannot be a women and vice versa. You can Identify as whatever you want. That simply doesn't make it so. I'm not speaking hate. I'm speaking truth. They hate me for that so call me whatever they want and use their mental disorder to make it ok. That should be a real crime. I don't think hate speech exsists. I do however believe sensitive pussies who can't handle the real world do.
    I agree somewhat. I feel that free speech should have no limits. The term "incites violence" is entirely dependent on the person's response, which should be governed, if anything. If I tell you to go jump off a bridge, or shoot up a school, the responsibility shouldn't rest on me, it should rest on the person commiting the violence. 
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    You can call it whatever you like and define it how you like, that doesn't make it illegal or not free speech.  Facts don't care about your feelings.  Speech with which we agree with needs no protection.
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    There is hate speech, of course, and, in fact, it is quite common. That is one of the purposes of free speech: to protect hate speech from being punished. Free speech is needed to prevent people from having to censor themselves in the fear of potential retaliation, which facilitates discussion on the most controversial subjects and makes sure that no individual concerns in the society are left unheard.

Many people assume that there exists a "right to not be offended", while in reality dealing with being offended is an essential part of living in a free society. When interests of multiple people clash, there will be offenses - it is the duty of the offended side to deal with their emotions, rather than the duty of the offending side to deal with their words.