frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What life would you choose

Debate Information

Sometimes that toughest decisions we make are personal life choices. Given 2 scenarios, which life would you choose:
1) white 3rd generation American man, middle class leaving in a large city, stable career, job that you like and pays well to be comfortable, wife and 2 kids. Dog, pet turtle, etc. american dream.
2) Asian American man, single, travels across multiple cities, founder of a successful technology startup that has great prospects, but is also risky and has 25% chance of going under in the next 6 months. Also has a good chance of being purchased for $30 million dollars. No financial safety net.
What life would you choose
  1. Live Poll

Pick a scenario

21 votes
    1. Scenario 1 - white male married with kids american dream
      61.90%
    2. Scenario 2 - asian american single entrepreneur
      23.81%
    3. None
        0.00%
    4. Not enough info or not sure
      14.29%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Scenario 1 seems the best out of them.
  • I said senario 1, it seems the best out of the choices. Interesting debate, I don't recall seing anything like it.
  • Senario 1.
  • Senario 1.
  • Scenario 1.
  • 4life4life 2 Pts   -  
    Living life alone in this Universe (I do love family and friends and want to be with them, it's just my fantasy) and going wherever I want to, all on foot or by flying. Flying is good so that I can travel anywhere I want to and anytime in short time and conveniently. I want to live alone to walk on my principals all the time every moment and it is not possible when you have attachments with other people because they love you so much and just want you to be with them.
  • aarongaarong User Profile DebateIsland Influencer Picture214 Pts   -  
    I would choose, none of the above on this debate. I would want to have a more lavish version of scenario 1.
    Nathaniel_B
    DebateIsland.com Founder/Administrator | Contact Me Via Private Messaging (aarong), Contact Support At customerservice@debateisland.com | Happy Debating! 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    4life, interesting point of view. Maybe challenging to get support when you need help if that will be your approach to life.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • akolymn_1929akolymn_1929 12 Pts   -  
    4life, interesting point of view. Maybe challenging to get support when you need help if that will be your approach to life.
    Agsr made a good point, you may need some type of support in life.
  • I'm going with scenario 2, interesting point, due to the fresh off the boat like scenario, but some major difference as well.
  • I would say secenario 1 for this debate.
  • Scenario 1 for this one.
  • I can get a wife with that kind of money. One thing counts in this world, wealth. With it you can get anything you want. And yes, you can buy happiness. I got mine for $2395. Got married 11 years ago. That ring was worth every penny.
  • kshsh_1929kshsh_1929 2 Pts   -  
    I would go with scenario 1.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Great debate everyone. Looks like majority (70%+) voted for option 1 - more of a classsic american dream. I think thats why for many generations people come to this country.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    Scenario 2 boi. I'm workin in the stock business too, also workin on owning some businesses myself, I'm not sure for family or the others, white, and not even living in a big city (That's a HUGE no), but Asian and rich? the best life. I could probably get anything I want too, talkin bout BMWs, Ferraris boy, what? Lamborghinis, Aston Martin, Bentleys, son. I'm takin scenario 2, straight up no doubt! Like my Jack Ma 

I wanna be just like him. 
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    I don't really fancy living in a standard working family: too boring and mainstream to my taste. I'd like to be doing something original and special, and traveling around the world regularly. Risks are fine, they are what makes our life unpredictable and interesting.

Number two!