frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Conspiracy theories like flat earth or 9/11 are true

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat ;

The reason I said "This will be fun" is because I don't want to regurgitate the same stuff from other debates.  Also, when I made this, it had no relevance to your debates. 
    Unless you just created this to watch a flat Earth debate, as is the norm with you, instead of participating in one. If that is the case, then you can continue watching this circus show you've created.
    Zombieguy1987
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

Why the thumbs down to my response to Joeseph? 
    JoesephZombieguy1987
  • JoesephJoeseph 654 Pts   -  
    @TTKDB

Because as usual it makes no sense 
    Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

Oddly enough you reported and me several times yet nothing occurred from your efforts and now you’re whining because Aarong pulled your inane debates because not one person could make head nor tail of them . Stop crying you big girl 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

The truth about Joeseph, you use God and Religion to verbally abuse people. 

I you because you were being verbally abusive. 

So instead of commenting on the below: 

(You say ......Neither one of you atheists make sense.

My reply ..... That’s hilarious coming from you who had 4 debates taken down for .....making .......no ...sense)

It's sad , it shows how you apparently like to manipulate debates via behind the scenes by flagging and reporting them because they opposed your stance that again has no footing in modern society, does it? 

You've gloated over your handiwork, how many times? 

You still continue to show the participants who don't share your stance on this website, how your stance influences your thinking and reasoning, doesn't it? 

I bet that you think that you're smarter than the religious parents aren't you Joe? 

If you say yes, then prove it? 

(You say .....You treat people like toilet paper.)

Look at your response, no sign of "No" from you at all right?

Nope, not a hint of an attempt whatsoever.

But look at your answer..

"My reply .... But yet you worship a god who has commanded the  slaughter of men , women and infants and see that as morally perfect  behaviour  ..... I think you’re confused son."

Nope, still not seeing a denial in your above words? 

But just a vague response and you reiterating your same stance that again has no footing in the modern society does it? 

Blaming God as you continue to do is the only back bone that your stance has to it, right? 

The behavior behind your stance is self evident.)

Your abusive mouth comes back with this??

"Because as usual it makes no sense.

Oddly enough you reported and me several times yet nothing occurred from your efforts and now you’re whining because Aarong pulled your inane debates because not one person could make head nor tail of them . Stop crying you big girl."

Mr abusive, entertaining himself like he does. 

Zombieguy1987
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987:

Because I have the right to do that
    JoesephTTKDB
    @TTKDB

You think I’m going to read that wall of nonsense dream on , funny also the way you lie by claiming I abused you verbally yet I was not sanctioned if this was the case , yet you were 4 times for abusing others and the site you loser 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

More examples of your abuse?

"Uneducated American trash, and a hick? 

Joeseph uses God and Religion to verbally abuse people don't you? 

Joeseph doesn't like to address an individual argument directly.. he says things like the above to let them do his arguing for him, right Joe? 
    JoesephZombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

Still haven’t a clue what you’re on about , I think it’s time to report you again 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Still haven’t a clue what you’re on about , I think it’s time to report you again 

Over what, the truth? 

More examples of your abuse?

"Uneducated American trash, and a hick? 

Joeseph uses God and Religion to verbally abuse people don't you? 

Zombieguy1987Joeseph
    @TTKDB

Reported you’re a spammer 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"Reported you’re a spammer" 

I'm a spammer?

This garbage coming from a guy who uses sheep memes? 

Am I still uneducated American trash and a hick to you?

Defend your stance Joe.

Use God and Religion like you do to verbally abuse me again. 

JoesephZombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

I see your silent use of your thumbs up emoji again.

JoesephZombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

Reported 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

And I'm reporting you for being verbally abusive. 
    JoesephZombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

Good for you , you’re reported again for repeated harrasssment 
    TTKDB
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  

From Wikipedia:

"Verbal abuse

For other uses, see Verbal abuse (disambiguation).

Verbal abuse (verbal attack or verbal assault) is when a person forcefully criticizes, insults, or denounces someone else.[1] Characterized by underlying anger and hostility, it is a destructive form of communication intended to harm the self-concept of the other person and produce negative emotions.[2] Verbal abuse is a maladaptive mechanism that anyone can display occasionally, such as during times of high stress or physical discomfort. For some people, it is a pattern of behaviors used intentionally to control or manipulate others or to get revenge."

The below have been expressed towards others.

When some want to label others as "uneducated American trash"

Or when some want to label people as "iindoctrinated sheeple"

I implore the participants of the website to determine for yourselves via the definition of verbal abuse, and come to your own conclusions that the above given examples fall under the definition of "verbal abuse."

@TTKDB

Reported again for continuous stalking and harassment 
    Evidence
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987:

Do you support your brethren atheists word for word without question? 

No, of course not.

But @Joeseph arguments make logical sense 
    Joeseph

TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987:

I see your silent use of your thumbs up emoji again.

Got a problem with that?
    Joeseph
    @Zombieguy1987

Thank you Z ,can you make head nor tail of this guys rants as he make little or no sense to me 
    Zombieguy1987
    @Zombieguy1987

It seems that another thing that annoys him maybe the Bible frowns upon the humble thumbs up 
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987:

Because I have the right to do that
    @TTKDB Why did you say my answer to YOUR QUESTION as irrelevant?

Care to explain that
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    Where is the evidence that the Bible frowns on the thumbs up? 

What verse cover's that? 
    Zombieguy1987
    @TTKDB

Oh dear did you ever hear of sarcasm ..... It’s tricky as some of it is subtle , but maybe your mum will explain it to you ?
    Zombieguy1987TTKDB
  • GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat ;

The reason I said "This will be fun" is because I don't want to regurgitate the same stuff from other debates.  Also, when I made this, it had no relevance to your debates. 
    Unless you just created this to watch a flat Earth debate, as is the norm with you, instead of participating in one. If that is the case, then you can continue watching this circus show you've created.

Don’t worry @zombieguy1987, once you destroy him in a debate a couple of times he stops asking. He mostly starts crying about how all the votes were unfair anyway - but as long as you have a tiny violin, you can deal with that.

Zombieguy1987
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat ;

Don’t worry @zombieguy1987, once you destroy him in a debate a couple of times he stops asking. He mostly starts crying about how all the votes were unfair anyway - but as long as you have a tiny violin, you can deal with that.

Anytime you get ready zombie I'm not even worried about the votes if you and I spar, you will know the earth is flat too. You seem to be the less indoctrinated of the globetards here, what do you say?

And yes, now you can hit the fallacy button.
    Zombieguy1987Joeseph
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat ;

Anytime you get ready zombie I'm not even worried about the votes if you and I spar, you will know the earth is flat too. You seem to be the less indoctrinated of the globetards here, what do you say?

I firmly believe the earth is round, but I'd rather spend my time debating about religion than flat earth 
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat ;

I firmly believe the earth is round, but I'd rather spend my time debating about religion than flat earth 
    That's interesting and all, but what do you think the result of a motionless, geocentric flat Earth would be? 

If the earth were found to be flat, and covered with the firmament, wouldn't that end the debate?

You created this debate for some reason.
    Zombieguy1987Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    Erfisflat said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat ;

That's interesting and all, but what do you think the result of a motionless, geocentric flat Earth would be? 

If the earth were found to be flat, and covered with the firmament, wouldn't that end the debate?

Here's the debate title:
    Conspiracy theories LIKE flat earth AND 9/11 are true

i wasn't only debating flat earth. I was debating about conspiracy theories in general

• GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -  
    “That's interesting and all, but what do you think the result of a motionless, geocentric flat Earth would be?”

Glad you asked. 

Just off the top of my head:

- No correolis force.
    - sun always visible.
    - multiple observers and locations would triangulate the sun to be in the same location.
    - cavendish experiment would fail.
    - sun rising and setting north east / north west at the equator at the equinox.
    - sun having a non constant angular speed
    - moon having a non constant angular momentum
    - tides correlating with a linear distance from the sun/moon.
    - objects just get smaller rather than falling over the horizon
    - no sunrise or sunset.
    - no package holidays to Antarctica purchasable of the internet.
    - multiple cities, mountains, and tall objects visible a huge distances from each other. 
    - difference in flight times for east-west flights in the northern hemisphere vs the southern hemisphere.
    - no gyroscopic procession for super accurate gyroscopes.
    - you’d weigh the same at the equator as the North Pole.
    - Focaults pendulum wouldn’t
    - stars travel in the same direction for everyone
    - North Star visible for all.
    - sextants wouldn’t work
    - there’s he no ISS
    - we’d all know about it - because clever scientists on the last 2000 years would have figured it pit
    - seismic researchers would record earthquake an at times proportional to linear distance on a flat surface, not linear distance on a globe.
    - Satellite TV wouldn’t exist
    - GPS wouldn’t exist.
    - you’d be able to use your model to mathematically calculate eclipses,
    - you’d be able to use your model to mathematically calculate the positions of the sun for any observer

... but just off the top of my head.

Thats why you spend all all your time attacking a handful of observations, and no more than a quick cursory hand wave to defend your position. Even your smart enough to realize spending day after day after day trying to come up with excuses as to why almost every observation supports spherical earth and refutes, in its entirety, the flat earth, will end you convincing you that the earth Ian probably a sphere.

Zombieguy1987
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    Erfisflat said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat ;

Here's the debate title:
    Conspiracy theories LIKE flat earth AND 9/11 are true

i wasn't only debating flat earth. I was debating about conspiracy theories in general

All conspiracies are not alike. The two you mentioned in the title are obvious. "Aliens" hidden by the government, nonsense. There was a conspiracy that Elvis is alive and prince Charles is a vampire, for Pete's sake This seems like dodge to me. What sort of conspiracy would you like to debate? If not the flat Earth or 9/11? You did some good research on the planes debate, and I've seen your religion debates...
    Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
    First, you don't want to debate the flat Earth, because you "only do religion debates" when the flat Earth turned out to be "religious" for lack of a better term, you said you would rather debate anything but the flat Earth, so... it's not really religious, but are you saying you would like to debate 9/11? Or are you just here to push my buttons?

@Zombieguy1987
    JoesephZombieguy1987Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Zombieguy1987 see how we are being interrupted? I am certain that I did not tag him in any of my recent posts. Maybe you could steal a few of those "proofs" of a spherical earth, then we could spar? I promise to be nice.
    Zombieguy1987JoesephEvidence

Wayne Dyer
    According to findings published in the journal Open Mind, developmental psychologists have found that people’s beliefs are more likely to be reinforced by the positive or negative reactions they receive in response to an opinion, task or interaction, than by logic, reasoning and scientific data.

In practice, this means that “if you think you know a lot about something, even though you don’t, you’re less likely to be curious enough to explore the topic further, and will fail to learn how little you know”, says the study’s lead author Louis Marti.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -  
    Erf dodging arguments like...

Zombieguy1987Joeseph
  • JoesephJoeseph 654 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    @Erfisflat

How about posting up your “ scientific findings “ that the earth is covered with a dome ?

Bet you won’t wonder why hmmm mm
    Zombieguy1987
    @Erfisflat

Wow ! Another appeal to authority do you ever have an original thought? 
    Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Joeseph

Do you view the religious parents as killers? 

Do you have any legitimate evidence to support your view? 

Oh, and there's this

Joeseph
    @Zombieguy1987

Bet you the lunatic will will offer no defence of the “ good book “ 

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987:

Zombieguy1987 knows how to use the internet to bully a book.

Are you to blame the Bible for the drunk drivers who have taken 1.6 in the last 8 plus decades? 

Are you going to Blame the Bible for the various crimes that man commits against man, woman, and child alike? 

Are you going to blame the Bible, instead of placing the blame on the offender? 

Are you going to blame domestic violence on the Bible instead of blaming the offender? 

Is this what you are getting at by bullying a book on the internet? 

Are you giving the offenders some sort of a pass by bullying a book instead of the offender getting the blame for the offenders actions? 

What say you? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

TTKDB said:
    @Joeseph 

Do you view the religious parents as killers? 

Do you have any legitimate evidence to support your view? 

Zombieguys response: 

"Oh, and there's this

And then Joe's response: 

@Zombieguy1987:

"Bet you the lunatic will will offer no defence of the “ good book “ 

@Joeseph:

Who are you labeling a lunatic? 

Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

"You ask ..... I would think that would be pretty obvious but to a lunatic the obvious is a baffling concept"

Joe, why are you putting yourself down like that for? 

How many Good Books by atheist authors have you read? 

• JoesephJoeseph 654 Pts   -   edited September 2018
    @TTKDB

As usual you’re making no sense , incidentally I reported you again for , spamming , trolling , stalking and harrasssment 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

How am I stalking you when you are directing commentary in my direction Joe? 

Where's the spam at?

Where's this evidence of yours to support your spamming claim? 

Where's your evidence of trolling at?

Didn't you label me a lunatic?

Because this comment from you, isn't a denial is it? 

"And then Joe's response: 

@Zombieguy1987:

"Bet you the lunatic will will offer no defence of the “ good book “ 

@Joeseph:

Who are you labeling a lunatic?"

@TTKDB 

"You ask ..... I would think that would be pretty obvious but to a lunatic the obvious is a baffling concept"

Joeseph: 
    Its not me, that you're addressing with this dialogue? 

You addressed me specifically with this dialogue didn't you? 

@TTKDB

Reported for stalking , spamming and harassment 
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Joeseph:

Again, where is the evidence to support your claims? 
    @TTKDB

Reported 
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987:

Are you to blame the Bible for the drunk drivers who have taken 1.6 in the last 8 plus decades? 

Are you going to Blame the Bible for the various crimes that man commits against man, woman, and child alike? 

Are you going to blame domestic violence on the Bible instead of blaming the offender? 

Are you giving the offenders some sort of a pass by bullying a book instead of the offender getting the blame for the offenders actions? 

What say you? 
    What do I say?

I say the bible is a huge negative influence on everyone who reads it a lot.

Like I keep saying, people who read it will think there is an afterlife or heaven, and will as such do a lot of dumb things. 

So, really I'd blame both.

The Bible because it's false and negative influences and the person for doing the thing

There, you happy?
    TTKDB said:Zombieguy1987 said:
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987:

What say you? 
    What do I say?

Like I keep saying, people who read it will think there is an afterlife or heaven, and will as such do a lot of dumb things. 

The Bible because it's false and negative influences and the person for doing the thing

There, you happy?

@Zombieguy1987:

What say you? 
    What do I say?

There, you happy?
    That is an ignorant stance. You condone someone for reading? 

A book only has as much influence as you let it. As Aristotle once said:
    "A mark of an educated mind is to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it."

You claim the Bible is false, but you say that "people who read it will think there is an afterlife or heaven, and will as such do a lot of dumb things."

I presume you haven't included yourself with this inane assertion, so how do you know it is false if you haven't read it?
    Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer