frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you believe that we are all one human race?

Debate Information

I do. I will never understand judging by skin color. I believe in racial unity because my Christian faith teches that we are all one human race which is linked here: Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
AND
Philemon: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=philemon+1&version=KJV ;
#AllLivesMatter

Zombieguy1987
  1. Live Poll

Dp you believe that we are all one human race?

6 votes
    1. Yes.
      66.67%
    2. No.
      33.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    It does not matter what you "believe". "Race" is a pretty well defined biological characteristic that exists simply from the way it is formulated. If someone looks at an Asian person and then at an African-American person and says that there is no racial differences between them, then that someone is either extremely dishonest, or needs better glasses.

It is another matter that race is about as important when it comes to interacting with the person, as their eye color, or nail length, or whether their left leg is hairy or not. It does not affect anything aside maybe from subjective physical attraction, and some physical traits that are irrelevant in all but very few fields of the social interaction framework.

One who denies the existence of races is irrational. One who lets races define how they treat people is foolish. One who does not pay any attention to constructs such as "race" and spends time on more relevant matters has got it right.

George_HorseZombieguy1987
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar Evolution is crapp and we are all one human race. I am tired of of race baiters playing the victim card. That gets us nowhere fast.
    George_HorseZombieguy1987
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Genetic differences between races are not specifically defined. The genetic differences that are affected by what region a person was born in are minute. So minute in fact, that two people who were born in the same town in South America can have more in common genetically with a European than they do with each other. The vast majority of our DNA is the same globally. Race is ONLY a social construct. If I deny that race doesn't exist, I'm not being "irrational", I'm just droppin some science on Y'all. "@YeshuaBought, I would love to see the evidence you have to prove evolution is "crapp"! Obviously you DO think that races are different because you're accusing "race baiters" of "playing the victim card". If you can accuse people of race baiting, then you obviously can acknowledge their race, and in doing so you're subconsciously acknowledging that you know better about race relations than people of other races do. If you can acknowledge those things, you can acknowledge that you are willing to oppress people of other races. #BlackLivesMatter  #Antifa
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    I believe were are the same as a species, but not a "race". There are many different groups of homo sapiens, we differ in skin color, appearance, IQ, and even bone structure: 

You see, by race, the bone structure is different. We are not the same. Also, a two final images I would like to present:

And finally:

I believe that were are all one "species" but not one "race".
    Zombieguy1987
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles