frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What can be done about this?

Debate Information

Zombieguy1987

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -  
    Yeah that's pretty scary. Government should impose some kind of law about this. I also think there should be something to be done about the babies of female rapists, but I'm not sure what.
  • @Polaris95
    The babies that female rapists have should be given over to the male. I believe this law is already in place in some places.
    Polaris95
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • midoprealmidopreal 21 Pts   -  
    Fix the punishment for rape and make it the least bit consistent across places and maybe this mostly corrects itself. I feel like 10 years is a nice round number to be in prison for, of not more.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Do they give custody rights when you are in prison? It seems visitation rights should be considered dangerous to the psyche of a child, so, put rapists in prison, problem solved.
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI
    It’s not that simple. If rape results in a child conceived and the woman goes through with the birth, it legally binds victims to their attackers. That has to do with the current laws that allow custody, parental rights, and visitation laws. 

The fundamental right to have and raise a family is issued in the Fourteenth Amendment (equal protection of the laws). Consequently, most courts are reluctant to terminating parental rights, even if a child results from a rape. The courts that are permissible of this justify that “parents should not be denied the fundamental rights and duties in a parent-child relationship.”

I’m in no way defending that rapists should not deserve jail time, I genuinely think they should. Albeit, a resulting pregnancy from rape isn’t an easy crime to prosecute, primarily due to the current legal parental rights. 
  • Custody of a child is not a united state that can be directly placed in Constitutional Right it is a matter of gradian ship. This is a tough call to make a state of the union on as President or repetitive of united state constitution.( President of united state. A man who sits under oath for the future of all men before Constitution.) The United State that should be serving as legal precedent is held with Marriage not family as this creates a declaration to potential citizen ship by documented consent of man and woman. While more precedent to assemble constitutional separation can be found under what takes place with a widow, or widower in nature who are without a complete state of family as part of a basic principle.

Sue for custody in a civil trial which is presented after rape conviction is a form of double jeopardy. There is really only an constitutional argument in couples who have publicly announced  engagements. The information of a who are parent should not be withheld upon inquiry of the child past an set age.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    The general argument in support of the existence of custody, forced child support and other similar entities is that a child needs both parents for proper development and cannot be raised effectively by just one parent. I strongly disagree with this narrative, but assuming it holds, I do not see what is so "scary" about the posted claim, since it aligns perfectly with it.

Having a one-instance sex often forces one into becoming enslaved with enormous debt for a couple of decades. I think this is the true horror of the modern treatment of parental rights, and the posted claim is very mild in comparison. Especially since it merely states that the assaulter can "sue" for custody and visitation rights, not necessarily that the lawsuit is going to be successful. 
    Oppolzer
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @Oppolzer I was RAPED, and had every right to not coparent with my rapist. Are you a rape apologist?
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar The victim has the right to choose adoption without her rapists consent.
  • OppolzerOppolzer 191 Pts   -  
    I was explaining to someone why rapists have parental rights, and can't merely be placed in prison if a child is conceived. There are different laws internationally - I was stating the laws in the U.S. where states are permissible of rapists to have parental rights and custody. I said at the end of my argument that I do think rapists should be placed in prison, so why are you asking if I'm a rape apologist?
  • @YeshuaBought ;

YeshuaBought,

A pregnancy abortion is an admission of guilt to murder. Yes, you do have the right to admit publicly to commit murder without the consent of a rapist. There is also a United State Constitutional right create by nature, and woman, for all woman who may become pregnant to issuer the natural cycle that has already been aborted by a woman or man by force. This constitutional right, possible civil right does not appear to be in use by woman to describe a effort of defending United State constitutional principle.  This is the time in defending a United State of constitution to direct your attention to the understanding of Self-incrimination, the understanding that things can be translate wrong to others, and how it can be shared with the public by sacrificing a level of personal privacy.

• @YeshuaBought ;

YeshuaBought,

The united state constitutional goal here you set is looking for debate on forms of degree of rape that can occur. The impartial separation process of/made/held in constitution suggests that the idea of vengeance be set elsewhere. Simply put you are displaying a lack of ability to preserve, protect or defend a united state constitution. It is not illegal but it is also counterproductive and insightful of hate in the common welfare.

• brontoraptorbrontoraptor 123 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

"What can be done about this?"

I'd suggest the courts taking the same position as they do towards any other parent that's a danger to a child. Keep them away.