frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are we heading towards World War 3?

Debate Information

I think so 
Applesauce
  1. Live Poll

Are we heading towards World War 3?

9 votes
    1. Yes
      55.56%
    2. No
      44.44%
    3. Unsure
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• midoprealmidopreal 21 Pts   -  
    With global climate instability which in turn will make it harder to grow crops people and countries like India, China, and Russia will not starve to death. Also human error/ mechanical error can happen at any time. South China Sea and Eastern Europe as well
    Zombieguy1987CYDdhartaApplesauce
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    The US does not have serious rivals nowadays. Russia is not what it used to be. China is the only world power that puts up any kind of contest to the US, but it still is losing strongly on all fronts. This is different from the pre-World War I and pre-World War II periods, when multiple strong world powers had strong and immediate disagreements they could not resolve: the US and China only have some minor economical disputes, and Russia mostly only barks, but cannot do anything of substance. There is no one to wage a world war against.

The situation may change in a few decades, if China continues climbing the ranks and becomes more ambitious. However, I have my doubts on Chinese government holding its seat for so long. I simply do not see this totalitarian model as viable starting at a certain point of technological evolution. 

All in all, I am pretty sure that globally we are safe. There could be some minor local conflicts happening every now and then, but I would not expect anything threatening the global peace to happen any time soon.
    Applesauce
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

No, we aren't heading towards a third world war.

Are you maybe ex military? 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

The below information might help with your posed forum question.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war_by_the_United_States

"Declaration of war by the United States"

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

No, we aren't heading towards a third world war.

Are you maybe ex military? 
    No
    MayCaesar said:
    The US does not have serious rivals nowadays. Russia is not what it used to be. China is the only world power that puts up any kind of contest to the US, but it still is losing strongly on all fronts. This is different from the pre-World War I and pre-World War II periods, when multiple strong world powers had strong and immediate disagreements they could not resolve: the US and China only have some minor economical disputes, and Russia mostly only barks, but cannot do anything of substance. There is no one to wage a world war against.

The situation may change in a few decades, if China continues climbing the ranks and becomes more ambitious. However, I have my doubts on Chinese government holding its seat for so long. I simply do not see this totalitarian model as viable starting at a certain point of technological evolution. 

All in all, I am pretty sure that globally we are safe. There could be some minor local conflicts happening every now and then, but I would not expect anything threatening the global peace to happen any time soon.
    But I think it will start as a result of either a Russo-Ukrainian war or the Second Korean War, in which the U.S is almost certianly going to be dragged into and then the nukes go off
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Did you see the below information?

Zombieguy1987
    TTKDB said:
    @Zombieguy1987

Did you see the below information?

And you've gone off topic again...

For the ~27th time
  • We are already well past any III Word War. The idea that a Dooms Day clock shaped opinion that it is the model of World War’s to be Nuclear War from that time on. The public impression is that an atomic age set a new higher standard for a global limitation on conflicts and nations involvement in aggression which didn’t pan out. Not to mention that the atomic clock is not even a clock by mathematic principle. It shares the same state as the national Debt Clock. They are both forms of plagiarism of a rather unique mathematic principle.

Zombieguy1987
    John_C_87 said:

We are already well past any III Word War. The idea that a Dooms Day clock shaped opinion that it is the model of World War’s to be Nuclear War from that time on. The public impression is that an atomic age set a new higher standard for a global limitation on conflicts and nations involvement in aggression which didn’t pan out. Not to mention that the atomic clock is not even a clock by mathematic principle. It shares the same state as the national Debt Clock. They are both forms of plagiarism of a rather unique mathematic principle.

Doesn't have to be a nuclear war...
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Yes. Read Ezekiel 38.
  • I agree…. World War III already took place. Being able to identify the next world War from the list does not mean none of them took place. Drug War, The Sexual Revolution, Global Economic War, and any number of Civil Wars the point is we are heading from WWIII not towards it. How far past WWIII do you believe we are?

• TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987

Here's the theme of the forum:

"Are we heading towards World War 3?"

How is the mentioning of this:

(The below information might help with your posed forum question.

"Declaration of war by the United States")

Going off topic? 

You expressed the words "World War 3"

And the (Declaration of war by the United States,) to a degree adds to the conversation at hand, doesn't it? 
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    Of course we're headed towards World War III, whether it happens in 2 years or 200 years.  You cannot answer no to such a question unless you believe there will never be another world war.