frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Thoughts on 2018

Debate Information

I think 2018 was right up there with 2016 and 2017. From the recent government shutdown to the situations in Asia and Europe, things seem to continue going down hill...

I HOPE 2019 is better than this
  1. Live Poll

Was 2018 good or bad?

6 votes
    1. Good
      83.33%
    2. Bad
      16.67%
    3. Surpassed 2016 as worse year on record
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
    Well, personally, 2018 was a good year for me. If we look at it from a bigger scale though, I can pretty much say that it was the worst year yet(at least for my country). 
    Zombieguy1987
  • TTKDBTTKDB 267 Pts   -  
    2018 has been a good year, my education on how some view things, continues to expand the learning process.
  • “2018 came after 2017, and before 2019 at 12:00; 01: am, the numbers are in no way connected to the things that are measured in-between them. Science has just proven that at a cost of billions of dollars. ” Happy New Year #@!” Remember, friends do not let friend’s measure life changing events intoxicated of high.

Is it just me, or is it the same year over, over, and over with a different number?

Two completely different thoughts.

Zombieguy1987anonymousdebater
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    Pretty much a good year! I got Red Dead Redemption 2, my favorite artist put out an awesome album, also overall new content from my favorite YouTubers, this year was more spectacular than last year. I really did love how Trump met with Kim Jong Un, though their relationship seemingly strained, but from that he made a historic achievement by managing to get the leader of North Korea to cross into the south, which has never been done by an American president. This year seemed to sparkle more than last year, I think I'll miss 2018 more than I will miss 2017, so much things had changed. Though I am sad that some notable people died this year, Stan Lee, my favorite voice actor from Spongebob, Stephen Hillenburg. My all time favorite physicist, Stephen Hawking, and many others. I have an even greater outlook on 2019, being that it will be the last year of the 2010s decade, with us moving forward into the 2020s! So much has changed for me and for many others in the world in this decade, and in 2018 especially. Music definitely evolved this year, the rap music I heard on the radio, it was really crazy! This year really made me reflect on my life and on the future, how the world will change, especially in politics, entertainment, music, and culture. I really am looking forward to 2019, I cannot wait to see what future events are to occur! I believe it will be amazing! 

Zombieguy1987
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    2018 was an amazing year for me, with a lot of accomplishments and pleasant surprises. Much has happened in my personal development and in my finances. I expect 2019 and 2020 to be even better in both departments!

Just returned from a 3+ week long road trip around the US. Visited 22 different states, did a lot of sightseeing. Saw the Grand Canyon, the Death Valley, the Moab park... Best 3 weeks in my life, hands down. :)
  • My personal life was sh*t at the beginning. But as the year went on, it got better. On. A bigger scale, it was “asi-asi”
    Zombieguy1987
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln