frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

In this Debate

Is globalism a bad idea?

Debate Information

I say yes. Too much power is usually corrupt.
Zombieguy1987Applesauce

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
67%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    "Globalism" as in what?

Globalized economy is the future, and will allow people to make deals directly, bypassing all the national limitations. If I in Switzerland want to sell an armchair, and someone from Japan wants to buy it, then in the globalized economy I would just ship the chair to him and receive the agreed payment electronically - with the government(s) not entering the equation anywhere. This is hardly a bad idea; this is the best way the economy can be designed.

Globalized government, however, is trickier. I would say that it depends on the exact organization of the matter. A democratic peacekeeping body such as UN (only not in its current implementation), or maybe an alliance of thousands companies aimed at preventing violations from market players, could work very well. However, a full scale global government, with the parliament and the president, would be asking for a disaster. The power of such a government, and the potential for corruption, would kill democracy off very fast, and, unless individual nations rebel against the system (breaking down its very idea), the worldwide totalitarianism is inevitable.
    Applesauce