frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

I'm a progressive, please change my mind.

Debate Information

Abortion: Personhood begins when the fetus has brainwaves. End of life CHOICE: It's a right. Healthcare is a right. Guns are not. Marriage is an absolute human right. I oppose the death penalty. I oppose torture. Rape culture exists. Religion should be voluntary. Contraception is a right. It is wrong to kill an animal with brainwaves. I want to be a vegan. I am antiwar. I support safe sex education. I support religious liberty for children as young as 10. Parents don't have the right to hit their children because it is a bodily liberty issue. Gender equality is a right. Sex for consenting adults is a right. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    Abortion: Personhood begins when the fetus has brainwaves. End of life CHOICE: It's a right.

Agreed fetuses are living

Healthcare is a right.

No, it's not. In order to have healthcare, you need to pay someone to give you said healthcare.

Guns are not.

Yes they are. Self defense is a right, and if someone breaks were to break into my house, I'd use a gun if I had on (too young)

Marriage is an absolute human right.

I agree

I oppose the death penalty.

So, if someone killed people you know, you don't think they deserve to die for it?

I oppose torture. 

I agree with that

Rape culture exists.

Not in America, but in the Middle East and some African nations

Religion should be voluntary. 

In my honest opinion it should be banned, but everyone does have the right to be religious or not (as long as you don't shove it down my throat)

Contraception is a right.
     It is wrong to kill an animal with brainwaves. 
    I want to be a vegan. 
    I am antiwar.
     I support safe sex education.

I agree with all this, but don't be hypocrite and say it's wrong to kill animals because being vegan means you're killing plants for food

I support religious liberty for children as young as 10.

Ah, yes. Indoctrinate the young so they stick to religious safe spaces  

Parents don't have the right to hit their children because it is a bodily liberty issue. 
    Gender equality is a right. 
    Sex for consenting adults is a right. 

And I agree with all that.