frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is it ethical to save money by seeking double price adjustment from both store and credit card?

Debate Information

Lowes has a price protection policy that matches competitor price and even beats it by 10% if you can find a lower price item at their competitor.
Discover and Mastercard offers price protection, where they will issue you a price difference if you find a lower price anywhere within 60-90 days.
Lets say after buying buying a large ticket item and get a price match adjustment at Lowes (including even Lowes 10% price match discount), technically if you submit a separate claim via credit card you can get another price adjustment. I am not sure if that maybe against some terms and conditions fine print that most people will not read or understand, but if you submit it there a very good chance that you will get a double price adjustment. I would say that is in the gray area of ethical behavior, but the real question for DebateIslanders, do you feel that you would double deep and get the double discount?
For purposes of setting a scenario, lets say original item at Lowes is $800, you find it at HomeDepot for $700. Lowes honors the price adjustment and gives you the item for $630 ($700 less 10% price adjustment match credit). Would you submit a credit card price protection match for another $100?
  1. Live Poll

Would you double dip price match claim to save $100?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    Wow, that is really creative, and somewhat sneaky. I think I would do it.
    EmeryPearson
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Yes, I would try to submit the extra $100. In your scenario that would be $530 for $800 product - that is a great deal.
    EmeryPearson