frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Just build the wall. We can't have open borders. Change my mind.

Debate Information

I believe we should put America first, and don't play the race card, as we are all one human race.
Zombieguy1987CYDdharta

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -   edited January 2019
    I believe we should put America first, and don't play the race card, as we are all one human race.

It isn't playing the race card (this time at least)

It has to do with the fact the wall is economically unfeasible.

The U.S-Mexico Border is roughly 1,950 miles, and to build a wall to be effective for a border that long wouldn't work.

People say the walls in Berlin and Israel worked, but fail to realize that Berlin is a city, and the borders between Palestine and Israel are not 1,950 miles long. The amount of money spent to A. Maintain it, B. Manpower to run it and C. Build it would be overly expensive, when reforming how people get in legally would be a far cheaper and more effective way.

No matter how high you build the wall, people can go around it... Like in Berlin or Palestine-Israel border...

CYDdharta
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -   edited January 2019
    We had the open borders until 1910-s, and at that time America was on top of the world.

So yes, we can have open borders. Whether we should is a different matter. And whether a wall would make the borders significantly less open is a different matter still.

You want the wall - build it. Let Trump create a crowdfunding campaign, and you are welcome to donate however much you want. Just leave the taxpayers like me out of it; I have my own bills to pay!
    Zombieguy1987CYDdharta
  • ApplesauceApplesauce 243 Pts   -  
    Although I think there are better options than the wall, whatever design is maybe.  A physical barrier is useful and important.  As the news has shown, what is there in many places is a joke or totally broken.  People can support the idea of Trump's wall/border security or wait for a new administration to do nothing as they always have.  No Democrat has offered any real and honest negotiations or ideas on border security, no real plan, because they don't want it.
    The clips of Obama and the dumazz Schumer show they want security etc but did what exactly to make that happen?  What plans did they put forth?  People as sick of the same b.s. of all talk an no action.  This is one of many reasons we have Trump.  For good or bad he's doing or trying to do what he said he would.  What other president has actually done that to the extent he has?  So we are left with this wall idea.  Some of it has been built and he's talking about other ways to get it done.  Fmpov it's either this or nothing.  What other options are there for border security?  Wait and see if a new president will do something?  How's that worked out before Trump?
    This is the previous administrations fault, though many can't see it.  If they had dealt with border security and immigration when they had the chance to, pushed it like he does, we wouldn't be talking about this.  When you pass the buck this is what happens and what you get, enjoy.
    Zombieguy1987
    "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
    The Animals
  • Every state in the Constitutional Union is independent and if one fence/wall is needed at one border, it must be needed at all border. The need a fence/wall is united state so claim them. I say go ahead build them, you are at liberty to do so, all States in America need a wall/fence it is far better than constitutional regulation and constitutional law.

I still think the canal would be best and provide overall stable public service. For all nation, state, county, city, borough, and town.

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -