frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

India and Pakistan at war. Planes shot down.

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• searsear 109 Pts   -  
    serious bidness
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited February 2019
    Well, Cashmere has been a contentious area since 1947.. What should be of concern is that both have nukes since 1998, both have about 150 warheads each and both are deeply religious, and here I really imply "less rational" so...

They've recently saw Russia annex Crimea without much consequences really... How many "operations" have the US unilaterally conducted in almost every region of the world with no consequences, China too... Why should they do any differently??

Sad thing for them though, they have neither oil nor Christianity...
    Yeah, that was cynicism......................
    Zombieguy1987
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • Curb your aggressiveness
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5968 Pts   -  
    Those two countries have been in the state of a permanent cold (sometimes temporarily hot) war for many decades now. One is ruled by religious zealots; another still has a totalitarian caste system in place; both cannot stand each other due to extreme nationalism.

I would not expect anything to come out of this. They will not be trading nuclear missile hits (at least I do not expect they will), and the show will be over in a few weeks, most likely. Both countries strongly depend on the international support and cannot risk being sanctioned.
    Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    They’re both excellent at the game of Cricket wouldn’t it be great if nations settled disputes on the sports field 
  • searsear 109 Pts   -  
    What was done to India from Pakistan can by standard of international law be considered an act of War. Therefore India's retaliation is understandable. I deduce the reason India retaliated without adequate aerial countermeasures (a means to defend aircraft) is because they don't have missiles such as U.S. Cruse missiles. My condolence to the bereaved.
  • LogicSpeaksLogicSpeaks 7 Pts   -  
    Well, they both have nukes. Wouldn't be surprised if pakistan pulled a curveball at india like that. Then central asia will be a nuclear holocaust. But America does America, India does India, and Pakistan does Pakistan. Every nation for themselves.