frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

It is possible to be moderate on abortion? Change my mind.

Debate Information

I do respect that life begins at conception, BUT, I have been thinking about some of the things you guys said, and I have survived two rapes, so I support a rape victim's right to choose. I want to thank you guys for bearing with me, and feel free to prsent a list of what ifs.
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

What about pregnancies where the mother might be in danger if she goes through with it?
    calebsicaZombieguy1987Applesauce

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• K_MichaelK_Michael 114 Pts   -  
    I think that if a woman is raped or for some other reason doesn't want to have a baby, they should set up an appointment for abortion as soon as they realize they are pregnant. However, it is utterly ridiculous to allow abortions in the second or third trimester. Seeing as menstrual periods occur at a roughly monthly basis, eight weeks after conception is a reasonable time period to allow abortion. Assuming that conception occurs directly after a menstrual period, it will be a month before you notice a missed period. Doctors say to allow one week after the usual time before testing pregnancy, and the remaining three weeks are ample time to set up an appointment.
    Certain situations could extend that time, such as the medical condition of the mother or scheduling conflicts, but very few will occur regularly, so as a general rule, I believe that eight weeks is sufficient time to abort a baby after conception, rather than full term, or any other illogical nonsense.
    calebsicaZombieguy1987
    "We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." 
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @K_Michael I agy abortions.ree. If abortion is abolished, women will die in back alle
    Zombieguy1987
    "I agy abortions.ree."
    Is this sentence supposed to make sense?
    Zombieguy1987
  • @YeshuaBought ;
    That would depend on the method of abolishment wouldn't it?
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    @K_Michael I agy abortions.ree. If abortion is abolished, women will die in back alle

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    For me my position on abortion is that it’s totally a woman’s decision to decide , a fetus is there by permission which may be nullified  at any time. Its a woman’s right to decide and any alleged rights of the fetus should not trump the rights of the woman 
  • @piloteer ;

What about pregnancies where the mother might be in danger if she goes through with it?

You are asking a question that makes me believe you do not believe all woman should be placed in a position to make a statement that has them admit to a crime when they believe that the statement is only an accusation. Woman drawling all woman together in this way is unconstitutional, even as men and woman approved or participate in the process. 

• @Dee ;

For me my position on abortion is that it’s totally a woman’s decision to decide , a fetus is there by permission which may be nullified  at any time.

To be clear you are saying all woman have never had the choice to admit publicly to a crime before?

What should be understood is that a legal precedent can be set when not applying public issue to judicial separation, not just by issues that have gone before judicial separation. A written recorded reflects both direction of Legal Precedent. All woman abort a child by not having sexual relationship it is a state of the union between woman and pregnancy abortion. In both cases it describes a murder taking place, both are also in some way a burden of negligence.
  • Again Roe Vs Wade describes the loss of privacy by admission a equal or greater crime, so its alteration can/was/is a necessity.

Female specific amputation in not pregnancy abortion a constitutional separation process is started and left to the open idea of liberty to be addressed for its closure.

I assume that some typing went wrong. "agy" and "ree" are not words that I know of. If someone, preferably YeshuaBought, could help me and clarify that statement.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    Abortions were very common in Ancient Greece and Rome, and the only real argument against them was that husbands should have a say in whether they receive a child or not - those were extremely patriarchal societies.

That it is a serious subject in the First World in the 21st century is inconceivable (pun intended). The woman's body is her body, what else is there to talk about?
    Plaffelvohfen
    @John_C_87 I think so too. Agreed.
    @piloteer No judgement from me. I also support choice in some other situations, like rape.
  • In building a more complete understanding of the woman’s responsibility to form basic principle that is clear in its direction of united state for all woman. Creating equality between all women. Pregnancy Abortion does not exist in the state of rape in an order of law. The change of criminal accusation takes place upon discovery of new fact (truth) during an investigation of crime by stream of separation.

Examples:

+ Sexual Assault + pregnancy = Attempted murder

+ Sexual Assault – pregnancy = Rape

+ Female specific Amputation + Sexual Assault = Capital punishment

+ Female Specific Amputation + pregnancy =  A.) Pregnancy Abortion. B.) Capital Punishment. C.) Female Specific Amputation. C.) Any of the above.                                      

+ Pregnancy Abortion = Admission + Accusation + description of crime + self-incrimination.

+ Pregnancy Abortion = Abstinence + officially stopping what has been official started + donation of egg or sperm to science + Termination of egg fertilized with sperm in laboratory condition by technician.

+ Female Specific Amputation = Admission – self-incrimination – accusation

+ Scientist technician = man or woman

+ Woman who vote on pregnancy Abortion.

= Whole truth all woman are created equal by their creator female specific amputation.

• @MayCaesar

That it is a serious subject in the First World in the 21st century is inconceivable (pun intended). The woman's body is her body, what else is there to talk about? 

The whole truth in legal understanding of Independence. most particularly when it comes to admission made publicly that are also accusation of crime by there detail. All men are create equal can also mean there is a burden of presentation before law. Just as the description of all woman are created equal can be held as standard when it presented before judicial separation.

• calebsicacalebsica 95 Pts   -  
    Abortion is murder, I Believe it should be abolished altogether
  • billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    first of all no one has to change your mind, mostly the urgency would be to lock you up in the crazy housei am moderate on abortioni dont like itif i had a daughter or friend i'd try to talk her out of one unless her health was in jeopardythats said it really isnt my business i dont want to support the little brat i dont carry it in my belly for 9 months so really why should it be my call?
    this is a very persona  issue i dont advocate for alcoholism or drug use would i lock up peole for having persona problsm no o i would not
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

@calebsica you catholics make me sick mind you business

@John_C_87 you know what i want to abilish the catholic church cromwell was right

@calebsica ; The only verses I know that address the legal status of “seed” in the womb come in a brief section of case law.

Exodus 21:22-25 describes a case where a pregnant woman jumps into a fight between her husband and another man and suffers injuries that cause her to miscarry. Injuries to the woman prompt the normal penalties for harming another human being: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. Killing the woman is murder, a capital crime.

The miscarriage is treated differently, however — as property loss, not murder. The assailant must pay a fine to the husband. The law of a life for a life does not apply. The fetus is important, but it’s not human life in the same way the pregnant woman is.

My impression is that most Americans have a more nuanced and conservative view than the Bible does on this, though we’re getting at the same idea: an important moral and legal line is crossed when the fetus can survive outside the womb.

For the Bible, that’s when a child is born and starts breathing. For many of us today, it’s when a fetus becomes “viable” — somewhere between 21 and 27 weeks into the pregnancy, thanks to our amazing medical technology.

If something goes wrong late in the pregnancy and the fetus dies, we call it “still birth” and, by law, issue a death certificate.  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/abortion-what-the-bible-says-and-doesnt-say_b_1856049