frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Earth is a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference.

12345679»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    said the man who thinks the earth is flat.. ignorance?
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

he mo hey larry hey curly this debate is filing my email deposotory with over 100 comments.. seriously why? is there anyone whole actually believes the world is flat? and if so do they matter this much?

@Erfisflat That it thats the straw that broke the camels back consider yourself deep state doo doo https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

@Ampersand There are none so blind as those that will not see .

@Zombieguy1987 ; Down in Jamaica
    They go lots of pretty women
    Steal your money
    Then they break your heart
    Lonesome sue, she's in love with ol'Sam
    Take him from the fire into the frying pan
    On and on
    She just keeps on trying
    And she smiles when she feels like crying
    On and on, On and on, On and on
    Poor ol'Jimmy
    Sits alone in the moonlight
    Saw his woman kiss another man
    So he takes a ladder
    Steals the stars from the sky
    Puts on sinatra and starts to cry
    On and on
    He just keeps on trying
    And he smiles when he feels like crying
    when the first time is the last time
    It can make you feel so bad
    But if you know it, show it
    Hold on tight
    Don't let her say: Goodnight
    Got the sun on my shoulders
    And my toes in the sand
    My woman's left me for the some other man
    Aw, but I don't care
    I'll just dream and stay tan
    Toos up my heart to see where it lands
    On and on
    I just keep on trying
    And I smile when I feel like dying
    On and on
    On and on
    On and on
    On and on
    On and on
    On and on
    On and on
    On and on
    On and on

@Zombieguy1987 ; Down in Jamaica
    They go lots of pretty women
    Steal your money
    Then they break your heart
    Lonesome sue, she's in love with ol'Sam
    Take him from the fire into the frying pan
    On and on
    She just keeps on trying
    And she smiles when she feels like crying
    Poor ol'Jimmy
    Sits alone in the moonlight
    Saw his woman kiss another man
    So he takes a ladder
    Steals the stars from the sky
    Puts on sinatra and starts to cry
    On and on

@Zombieguy1987 ; on and on on and on on and on on and on and on

• AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    Erfisflat said:
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Prominent globe earthers were invited to the empirical test, and not surprisingly, just as we see here, the invitation was declined by all of them. It appears that globetards are only interested in scientism, and as is the case here, the sky.

I've literally provided you with scientific peer reviewed studies before and you've refused to read them because the only thing you trust is the random claims of people on YouTube..
    That is scientism, @Ampersand, I'm only interested in the scientific method. I am presenting empirical science. 

Sites like Youtube are the reason the internet was created in the first place. Scientists needed to share data, "peer review" as you call it. 

What do you think studies are if not empirical science? People actually perform tests to check theories. They then write up the results to be peer reviewed and duplicated. That's empiricism by definition. Not that you're in any position to critique them seeing as you refuse to actually look at them seeing as contradict your blinkered world view.

Also I think that your YouTuber has been peer reviewed enough seeing as you're not even trying to defend him now defending the accuracy of his videos from the errors I've pointed out. He's a random YouTuber with no known qualifications so your appeals to his expertise because he claims to have  PHD are false. His experiments are poor, amateurish, biased and anti-science as he seems to have given no thought to his methodology and not understand a lot of what he's doing.

Seeing as we've now looked at and confirmed that your YouTuber's experiments have no validity, it's actually his experiments which meet his own definition of scientism as "The improper usage of science or scientific claims. this means making a scientific sounding statement where there isn't empirical evidence to justify such a statement". I mean hell I've literally pointed out him making unjustified claims based on no evidence in my last few posts which you've been unable to defend.
    Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
    @MayCaesar The earth is round this ? we must admit his head is flat and hollow thats what i conclude
    Zombieguy1987

200 plus comment in my email box and counting make it stop this is just enough of this

• AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
    @billbatard Well, whenever we prove him wrong, he just moves to another point and acts like nothing happenned. He is still ignoring my argument even though I have specifically asked him to refute it. 
    do the conga o/~

• Something238Something238 3 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    I don't understand how people like you think the earth is flat. Even you guys admit that every other planet and star ever discovered is clearly a sphere but you still maintain the belief that the earth is somehow special or different in that regard. Also, there is a reason why every other planet is round, gravity. Even if the earth was flat, than it would collapse in on itself back into a ball due to its insane gravity. And even though I don't think you are very well informed, I can still appreciate that you at least asked about something you are confused about. Hope this helps! 
    Edit: If you want to know more a great YouTube channel to check out is Professor Stick.
    Zombieguy1987
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    I don't understand how people like you think the earth is flat. Even you guys admit that every other planet and star ever discovered is clearly a sphere but you still maintain the belief that the earth is somehow special or different in that regard. Also, there is a reason why every other planet is round, gravity. Even if the earth was flat, than it would collapse in on itself back into a ball due to its insane gravity. And even though I don't think you are very well informed, I can still appreciate that you at least asked about something you are confused about. Hope this helps! 
    Edit: If you want to know more a great YouTube channel to check out is Professor Stick.

That's Flat Earther logic for you.

That's Flat Earther logic for you.

@Zombieguy1987 What logic? its desperate attempt to pretend the bible has any relevance in a modern technological age, the fact it does, but no one wise ever took it literally, and that is the fatal flaw in their sad sad dogma
    Zombieguy1987

• AlexOland said:
    @billbatard Well, whenever we prove him wrong, he just moves to another point and acts like nothing happenned. He is still ignoring my argument even though I have specifically asked him to refute it. 

@AlexOland ;

You don't really understand. We are not proving him wrong. He is proving incapable to undertake a task of scientific study. To address the situation billatard if shown empirical proof the earth is round could not display an ability to make that possible understood to himself clearly. That ability is need to explain complex issue to others so the objective of result can be found consistently.
    @John_C_87 I feel genuine sympathy for such a sad example of humanity .

• How do we empirically explain the world is a ball it floats in space and does not have a place to bounce? Round is part of the overall requirements in a list that can be manipulated in a balance of truth and whole truth.
    @John_C_87 smarty pants

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    AlexOland said:
    It is a popular debate strategy. You take two different supportive arguments of your position. And then you constantly move between them, never sticking to one for long, so your opponents cannot ever quite get a hold on one of them. Eventually, your opponents become tired and frustrated and give up, and you win the argument by default.

For example, I can say, "2+2=3 because cheese is tasty", and then, "2+2=3 because I say so". If I constantly shift between these two, then the opponents can never have enough time to properly attack one of them, and as a result I never have a reason to concede the argument.

I am starting to think that there must be some mathematical model of a proper logical debate developed. So in such cases the debater is not allowed to hop between multiple arguments, unless the currently debated argument is resolved.
    AlexOlandZombieguy1987
  • AlexOlandAlexOland 313 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar
    So in such cases the debater is not allowed to hop between multiple arguments, unless the currently debated argument is resolved.

This was what I was trying to do, actually. I never responded to any of his other points unless he either proves me wrong or admits that he cannot prove me wrong. The problem with this is that he took neither option. He either ignored me alltogether or marked my arguments as "funny". 

I am really curious as to what exactly, from a psychological standpoint, causes these people to act this way. Because it is not just a matter of clinging to the idea that the earth is flat, they cannot accept that they were wrong about anything at all. They claim that they are rationalists but when you actually show that they are wrong, they resort to: "nuh-uh" for an answer.

MayCaesarZombieguy1987
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    I have to say though, as wrong as ErfisFlat is I wouldn't trust most posters on this forum to make a cogent, accurate and evidence based argument in favour of a spherical earth.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    @AlexOland

I would classify it as simply intellectual immaturity. Many of us, especially those of us talented in some regards, have gone through the period of refusing to believe that we can be wrong. I have a strong natural affinity at mathematics, and back in high school, whenever I would make a mistake on a test, I would try very hard to convince myself that I had somehow someone else to blame for it: the test makers, the teacher, the grader, or whoever else.

Most of us grow up in this regard. We get used to the idea that we can be terribly wrong about something. Even more so, those of us who pursue various research avenues soon learn that being wrong about something is a default state of things. It often takes us many years of research full of mistakes and missteps, before we get a glimpse at what the truth is.

But some never do. Especially those who heavily invest a lot of emotional energy and time into some idea. Even if that idea crumbles before their very eyes, they will defend it to the end, as the thought of a major part of their entire world view crumbling is too painful for them to bear.
    Zombieguy1987AlexOland
    @Zombieguy1987 What logic? its desperate attempt to pretend the bible has any relevance in a modern technological age, the fact it does, but no one wise ever took it literally, and that is the fatal flaw in their sad sad dogma

Flat Earth logic: Basicially, its when you say the Earth is flat, but use things that make sense, but when you think "Hey, how come the Earth is flat, but not the other planets?" That's when the logic fails

• Ampersand said:
    I have to say though, as wrong as ErfisFlat is I wouldn't trust most posters on this forum to make a cogent, accurate and evidence based argument in favour of a spherical earth.

@Ampersand ;
    Understanding the earth is a sphere and explain to a person how to establish the shape by scientific method are not the same principle.
  • @Zombieguy1987 What logic? its desperate attempt to pretend the bible has any relevance in a modern technological age, the fact it does, but no one wise ever took it literally, and that is the fatal flaw in their sad sad dogma

Flat Earth logic: Basicially, its when you say the Earth is flat, but use things that make sense, but when you think "Hey, how come the Earth is flat, but not the other planets?" That's when the logic fails

@Zombieguy1987 ;

The logic would instantly only fails if there is life on the planets. Instead we must look and the horizon to measure an arc 360 degrees around use it is the equality of the degree of arc which determines the geometric shape of a sphere and size.  
    Zombieguy1987
    You have got to be kidding me Image result for nothing to see here move along south park is it really worth this much effort? what next a debate on whether the moon is made of green cheese?

• piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat

Did you really ask for empirical scientific evidence?!?! Science isn't concerned with empiricism, it's concerned with objective evidence!!!! Empiricism has no place in science, it's better suited for fairy tales.
    billbatard
    @piloteer and mate
    piloteer

• RosawaltonRosawalton 12 Pts   -  
    @Gooberry ; <3

Every single text was very very interesting and heartful...!!
    I was enjoying with this text.
    Thank you so much for sharing the info. 

Thanks  <3
    Rosa Walton 
    Keep it mind Cocospy!!
    Professional Technologist & Gamer. 
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    Earth is not a sphere exactly. Scientists proved that the moons gravity is making a bulge at the centre. This makes it an oblate spheroid.Image result for earths shape
    xlJ_dolphin_473
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    @RS_master

That's not due to the moon's gravity but the earth's rotation.
  • @Ampersand ;

It is due to gravity as motion, the earth’s gravitation motion and moon’s gravity as motion effect the elasticity and modulation aspects of gravity directly, the effect is displayed on the earth’s surface as the shape of the moon effects reverberation as an energy. The Earths rotation is created between two forms, type of gravity, mass and energy gravity, energy and the gravitation of mass transfer heat in different ways as the presumption of gravitation itself in one direction in motion. Yet energy as a force moves multiple direction.

The Earths rotation is creating the movement of a frozen act of elasticity by bulge. rotation is creating movement of the bulge as a modulation, you are not wrong by know popular detailing and observation. However, a Forth law of motion can describe both types of gravity as the motion of modulation, elasticity and reverberation. 

One mathematic proof would read. For all gravity there exist motion as elasticity, modulation, and reverberation. This proof covers the act of motion created by gravity as one kind of motion and that alone,