frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

X-Men or Avengers

Debate Information

Is the x-men better than the avengers? I need some feedback

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Faith3Faith3 12 Pts   -  
    Faith3 said:
    Is the x-men better than the avengers? I need some feedback
    Image result for inspirational superhero quotes
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    X-Men are more badass
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • K_MichaelK_Michael 114 Pts   -  
    @AmericanFurryBoy

Batman is very, very badass.
    Dylan
    "We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." 
  • DylanDylan 61 Pts   -  
    @K_Michael Batman is not a marvel character.
  • ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    X-Men are written very, very poorly.

They come off as weak and inconsequential.

Cyclops is useless. Storm is basically just eye candy.

The Prof should be the most powerful mutant but is really no use.

On the other hand, they make Jane, Magneto, and Nightcrawler too powerful.

Their stories make no sense when considering the powers the characters are supposed to have. MCU is not like that, and the difference is obvious.

Avengers is way better, but should not be. X-Men has better characters, but their universe storyline sucks.
    MagnusCharles
  • @Faith3 Are you talking about the characters or the movies? If you are talking about the latter, then I would say that avengers is far better than x-men. As for the characters, I will still go for avengers. 
    SuperSith89
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    @대왕광개토 I agree with you, either way Avengers wins.  For movies, even Days of Future Past, arguably the best X-Men movie, is at the very least on par with the worst Avengers movie, Age of Ultron.  Both are my opinion of course, but still.  Meanwhile, the characters of the Avengers vs. the X-Men still is the same way.
  • 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    @SuperSith89 For me, even though X-men series is on average worse than Avengers movies, I place Days Of Future Past above Age of Ultron. Dark Phoenix was an utter $hit.
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    @대왕광개토 I think DOFP gets lower to me because of future films.  Which it shouldn't, but some stuff happens that kills the relevance of the movie thus making it tougher to rewatch.  Though really I do agree that I like DOFP more in hindsight.  I just think Age of Ultron holds up more after Endgame.  You really see how that movie was important to the story as time goes on.  
    대왕광개토