frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should euthanasia be allowed?

Debate Information

What are your thoughts on Euthanasia? This is a tough one for me and so I am currently undecided. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Euthanasia for oneself or for someone else? It can be used both ways... You're talking about assisted suicide, right?
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "

• Yes, that is correct.

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    If all hope is lost, if one is in pain, why should we be kinder to an animal than we would be to a human?? I'm a "choice" person, all the way. I'm not in favor of one "eating his/her gun" but, we do it often, with the worst criminals, as humanely as possible. Why shouldn't a person be able to choose a "humane way out"? I hate to see needless, hopeless, suffering. Suicide is the "choice" of those who do it, and it usually is over before anyone can stop it. When we can say "It's better this way", or, "His/her suffering is ended." Why do we insist on putting them through, or prolonging it? Dr. Kevorkian wasn't the "animal" some made him out to be … IMO. 
    ZeusAres42
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Ok, then it comes down to this I think: The right to life entails a right to die, in fact it's the very same right as life and death are one and the same, there is no death without life... 

See, I had no choice but to exist, it was imposed on me and I have no choice but to cease to exist at some point, this is also imposed on me... So as the outcome was set before I even knew I had begun, the only choices I can possibly make are when (now or not) and how (by myself or not)... 

And this question is continuously asked, like a loop, deep within the inner sub-routines of my consciousness. It just so happens that I'm, for the moment, continuously answering "not" to both question... 

For the moment I chose "death by old age" as my preferred method of suicide... So far so good! But if health fails me before the cosmos kills me, I won't wait around and will face oblivion on my own terms. 
    ZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • AdjoaAmponfiAdjoaAmponfi 10 Pts   -  
    It depends on the angle you're coming from.
    Should it be, for instance that euthanasia is being done for oneself or for another who has given another the permission to do so, then it should be allowed with guiding policies that will not bring any negative happenings in the aftermath. 
    I sincerely think that if others are being allowed their way to choose their gender which they don't even have the luxury to choose at before birth, then people with incurable diseases, suffering constant pain and progressive recession, on request, should be granted euthanasia.
    The key here is ; only on request or acceptance after recommendation. It shouldn't be without  a person's consent. 
    #concentfirst
    #nopermissionnoeuthanasia !
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I support end of life choice for people who are paralyzed, or terminally ill. It's a matter of bodily liberty.