frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

I believe consensual marriage between two adults, is a right, can you change my mind?

Debate Information

I have changed my mind about marriage, and now have no problem with the gays. I am so sorry for being wrong. I believe consenting adult couples have the absolute right to be married, and i am secure enough in my Christianity, to judge not lest I be. I find no evidence that hays can change, and challenge people to prove me wrong.
CheckerbordStrangler

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
56%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I have changed my mind about marriage, and now have no problem with the gays. I am so sorry for being wrong. I believe consenting adult couples have the absolute right to be married, and i am secure enough in my Christianity, to judge not lest I be. I find no evidence that hays can change, and challenge people to prove me wrong.
    Well I am not going to try to prove you wrong. 
    I am here to offer an analogy from nature :)

Consider the lowly clover, you can stare at a field of clover and pick through it for quite some time before you encounter a 4-leaf clover, yes? According to science, the 4-leaf clover is a deviation from the norm, but apparently it is what scientists call a "standard deviation", meaning it's a deviation that has been around for a very long time, and it is one which repeats itself according to a well proven ratio. 
    So, let's assume that 99% of all clovers are 3-leaf and the remaining 1 percent are four leaf types.
    After many hundreds of millions of years, why haven't the four leaf varieties taken over?
    Apparently the 4-leaf variety coexists alongside the standard 3-leaf in predictable numbers, just as the homosexual community does.
    Homosexuality is indeed a deviation from the norm but apparently it is a standard deviation, like people with attached earlobes.
    And even despite countless millennia, homosexuals steadily remain as approximately five percent of the human population no matter what.
    So, maybe when one thinks of the gay community, consider the 4-leaf clover. Like gay people it is not out to overtake the rest of the clover species, it is just there by numerical happenstance.
    "The Left ones think I'm Right, the Right ones think I'm wrong."
    ---Leon Russell, "Magic Mirror"