frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What are your thoughts on Season 8 of Game of Thrones?

Debate Information

I know it's been debated to death on Reddit and other sites, but I'm just curious what other people's opinions here are :)

So, Season 8 was, for me, a massive letdown, because I absolutely loved the show, but this season was just unsatisfying and underwhelming. Everything felt rushed, nothing was well-developed, and character arcs, specifically those of Dany, Jon, and especially Jaime, were just ruined. I could rant a lot more about this, but I don't want to bore everyone. Anyway, I'm interested to hear people's thoughts.
agsr

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Polaris95, agree with your assessment. The choice of king at the end was the biggest let down. Given the history of cut throat battles for the iron thrones it just didn’t make sense.
    Polaris95
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    I agree completely. I was baffled that Tyrion chose Bran to be king because he had the best story when Jon, Sansa, and even Davos all have better stories. But hey, there's still the books. I'm really excited for Winds of Winter.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    I enjoyed last season... Sure, I would have taken 2 more episodes but it was fitting... Living happily ever after, is just not something that exists in Westeros...

And, besides, the author is entitled to do whatever he wants with his characters and storyline...For 8 seasons, Martin threw curved balls at us and killed love characters just to shock us and it worked pretty well...

Yes, Dany's fall was a bit abrupt but it was predictable considering she's a pure blooded Targaryen, they all go crazy...  
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "