frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

If You Subscribe To A Religion, What Is It?

Debate Information

Describe your specific religious faith if you so possess it.
My agenda is to study the human mind.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• NeopesdomNeopesdom 157 Pts   -  

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. (James 1:27)

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. (Matthew 6:1-7)

“Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • MacMac 28 Pts   -  
    @Neopesdom
    Instead of providing miscellaneous quotes, can you describe to me your religion in specific terminology?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    I'm pro athiest, pro theist, pro religious, pro family, and pro public.

I have the hope, that all of humamity, will one day, come to develop a humane respect, for other's regardless of their above individual philosophies?

But, it would appear, that some of the  ideological stances of this day and age, aren't ready for that kind of humane caring, towards one another?

Who knows, maybe someone, or a group of someone's, will be given the task, of chronicling all of the millions of things, that have been expressed on the internet, and put the information, into its own History Book?

It could be called the Anti Religious History Book?

And it's plethora of stories, will be about how some of humanity talked, and discussed religion on the internet during the 21st Century?

I wonder, how popular of a history book, that that book might become? 

PlaffelvohfenZombieguy1987
    @Mac

I don't know how to describe it in a more specific way than quoting directly from the source, but perhaps I can reiterate it in other ways.

You asked people to specifically describe something called "religious faith"

The definition of religion is a controversial subject in religious studies with scholars failing to agree on any one definition. -wiki

Can you first remove any disambiguation and specifically define what you mean by 'religious faith'? Perhaps, also, if you can set up some parameters on the scope and aspect of the kind of answers you are looking for I would be able to be more specific in my terminology as well. -thx
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I'm a Christian.
  • MacMac 28 Pts   -  
    @Neopesdom
    As in, how do you view the explanation behind existence?
  • MacMac 28 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed
    What does being a Christian mean specifically for you in terms of how it explains reality?
    @Mac

>>As in, how do you view the explanation behind existence?

I view it with complete and utter skepticism. I employ the full stratum of cognitive assets that my mind allows for in determining the potential validity of the explanation. I draw on all spectrums of science, philosophy, archeology, and history, including reason, logic, and good sense.
  • MacMac 28 Pts   -  
    @Neopesdom
    I see. What exactly about your religion can you determine factually with these assets?
    http:/// @Mac ;

>>I see. What exactly about your religion can you determine factually with these assets?

Historical claims, for example, can be verified by the applied sciences. The Bible is a valuable tool that archeologists and historians use in their research endeavors, it provides them with a sort of template for locating, understanding, dating, and correlating historical discoveries.

A specific example could include the mention of historical figures and their activities, such as King Nebuchadnezzar II, his historical record is verified in many cuneiform tablets.

Without the use of these assets one would have no basis on which to verify or disclaim information presented. The Bible continues to prove its accuracy based, on its verifiable claims. If there were historical inaccuracies then that would give reason to question and doubt the non-verifiable claims. You can have confidence that when you are reading the Bible you are getting accurate historical information. Discoveries are being made all the time, so far non have yet to prove inconsistent with the Bible narrative, they only affirm it. i.e. the book of Isaiah was found among the dead sea scrolls, providing yet further evidence that more modern copies were authentic and unchanged. "It is the oldest complete copy of the Book of Isaiah, being approximately 1000 years older than the oldest Hebrew manuscripts known before the scrolls' discovery."  It provides further evidence and confidence towards the authentic preservation of Biblical manuscripts. 

The Bible provides a history of the human race from the beginning to end in such specific detail that no other religion can even come close to. 

Sand
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  

The Bible also is the only book that has documented prophecy in it.
    It accurately predicts by name world powers before they existed.
    This is where the Bible goes from being just a historical document to a book from God.