frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Cancer and disease is preventable.

Debate Information

Getting sick and getting cancer are both avoidable by eating a proper diet.
TKDB

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    I am genetically at risk for breast and thyroid cancer, so I disagree. 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    @Akhenaten

Individuals can have a probability of developing cancer, if it's presented itself along the family lines, of either the mother, or the father.

Because of genetics.
  • Healthy eating habits and lifestyles does play a role in reducing the risk for certain types of cancers yes.

• AkhenatenAkhenaten 106 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed
    Just because the medical system said that you are "genetically at risk" doesn't mean that you are genetically at risk.
    This is because the medical system doesn't fully appreciate the role that vitamins and proper diet play in preventing these problems. The medical system doesn't recognise that grain, dairy, sugar, fat and alcohol can cause blockages and inflammation throughout the human body.
    Cancer is the result of a blockage and a lack of the body to deal with this blockage. The body may be deficient in the proper vitamins to fix the problem. These vitamins would include vitamins B and C. The B vitamin contains iodine which you need to carry out opoptosis of dysfunctional cells which, may then, live on after they should have died. This creates immortal dysfunctional cells which don't require oxygen. (cancer cells). 
    @Akhenaten

Where is your supporting evidence to back up your claims?

A person can get throat cancer, by abusing alcohol.

Look that up, and you'll learn why alcohol abuse, can cause cancer? 

Some of the First Responders from 9/11 have developed some cancers as well.

You could look those types of cancers up, and see if their diets, and vitamin intake has anything to do with their developed cancers?
  • AkhenatenAkhenaten 106 Pts   -   edited June 2019
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Akhenaten

You can say what you want.

The facts, and those with cancer know better.
  • AkhenatenAkhenaten 106 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    @TKDB

That's not called debating. That's just childish prattle. If you think that I am wrong, then you have to prove it and not just say that I am wrong.

Cancer can be caused by any dangerous chemical or substance that causes a cell dysfunction, blockage or inflammation.

Alcohol is a solvent which can dissolve human flesh. Thus, it is not advisable to drink too much of it if you want to have a long life.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Akhenaten

"That's not called debating. That's just childish prattle. If you think that I am wrong, then you have to prove it and not just say that I am wrong."

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/06/15/us/9-11-first-responders-jon-stewart/index.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQDoAEC#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/us/9-11-first-responders-jon-stewart/index.html

"(CNN)They are the people whose plight brought comedian and activist Jon Stewart to tears during an impassioned appearance before Congress this week over funds for other ailing first responders to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

They bear lasting scars from their long hours of work in the pile of destruction that remained after the World Trade Center collapsed nearly 18 years ago.

They breathed in noxious air clouded with debris from the fallen buildings after officials assured them it was safe."

"They have now discovered -- long after the shattered heart of Lower Manhattan was brought back to life -- debilitating illnesses and cancers festering in their bodies.

As of May, more than 12,500 cases of cancer had been diagnosed. The most-diagnosed ailments, however, are upper and lower respiratory and gastrointestinal problems, musculoskeletal disorders and mental health conditions."

"A frail Luis Alvarez, a retired NYPD bomb squad detective and military veteran, was of the first responders who testified in Washington. The next day he underwent his 69th round of chemotherapy for the cancer he got after toiling at ground zero.

"I have been to many places in this world and done many things, but I can tell you that I did not want to be anywhere else but ground zero when I was there," Alvarez told lawmakers.

He added, "Now the 9/11 illnesses have taken many of us and we are all worried about our children, our spouses and our families and what happens if we are not here."

Feal praised the personal sacrifice people like Alvarez make in traveling to Washington on behalf of the new victims being identified every day.

"They go for the tens of thousands of people who didn't get their awards yet," he said."

Now, why not reach out to the above hero, Mr. Luis Alvarez, and ask him to join your forum? 

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2673 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    There is a plethora of cancers all coming with a variety of risk factors such as
    • Obesity
    • Diet
    • Lifestyle
    • Alcohol
    • Smoking
    • Other common substance use
    • Radiation
    • Genetics
    • Long term exposure to any other carcinogens.
    • Immunosuppression
    • Hormones
    • Infectious agents
    • Chronic inflammation
    And the risk of getting many cancers can be reduced by healthy eating habits, exercise, quitting smoking, reducing alcohol intake or avoiding it altogether, and so forth.

Further reading:
    https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/
    https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cancer/
    https://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/cancer
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/symptoms-causes/syc-20370588
    https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk

@TKDB

I have already stated that dangerous chemicals can cause disease and cancer so I don't understand what your response is supposed to mean.
    Plaffelvohfen
    @Akhenaten

Because some cancers dont have a cure, is what I'm getting at, no matter how many variations of vitamins, holistic mindsets, or proper diet that some might want to, try to bully cancer with? 

Cancer in many cases, has the advantage when it comes to curing them.

So people can spend a decade and a half fighting off cancer, whether it's stage one cancer, or stage four cancer.

Pancreatic cancer, small intestine cancer, anal cancer, brain cancer, or even a blood cancer, or other rare cancers, that affect less than 4% of the population.

Have you ever been to a cancer ward in a hospital?

You could interview the parents of the kids, who are in hospitals across the country, and they could face your questions, head on, thus saving you the time, of presenting your question, in a debate forum, while cancer kills every day?

What would you ask a parent, who's child of 3-5 years of age, is fighting cancer, and they are at their child's bedside, fighting their cancer, right along with them?

And you present your question to them:

"Cancer and disease is preventable."

And wait to see how they respond to your question? 

And have a real world conversation/ debate over life and death, in the light of your question? 

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Of course cancer and diseases are preventable, suicide will prevent any and all cancer as well as any and all diseases... 

:smirk: 

ZeusAres42Dee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
    @TKDB

I never said that you could cure cancer. All I stated is that you can prevent it from occurring in the first place if you follow my directions on diet.
    Note- Some cancers which haven't advanced too far may respond to a change in diet. Note - A cancer is originally just a blockage in the fine blood vessels which develops into a dysfunctional cell which can't die due to a lack of iodine.
  • Jroberts0096Jroberts0096 8 Pts   -   edited June 2019
    @Akhenaten The first link you posted does not have anything to do with diet or nutrition, simply using apoptosis, or cell death, to help manage cancer. Your second link does go to your point, but does not say this is the only way to prevent cancer, therefore again you do not really have any supporting evidence. If your point was that some cancer or disease can be prevented you would be correct, but saying that all disease and cancer is preventable is simply ignorant and means you did not do proper research before posting this. Also please do not throw conspiracies around about the health system lying about genetics and cancer, simply not true (this link here shows some cancers are linked to genes https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/genetics/genes-and-cancer.html). Overall, you do not provide any supporting evidence, and simply do not make any argument for your side. 
  • Jroberts0096Jroberts0096 8 Pts   -  
    @Akhenaten also you are simply incorrect in saying that cancer has to start in blood vessels or anything like that, again do some research man. Read this link again very easy proof you are wrong.  https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/genetics/genes-and-cancer.html
    @Jroberts0096
    Your link just states what I have already stated.
    Quote - Cancer begins when genes in a cell become abnormal and the cell starts to grow and divide out of control. 

Reply - Now, if your body had a sufficient supply of iodine this wouldn't occur. It's only because the body is short in supply of iodine that the cancer process can begin and continue to grow.
    All diseases are just vitamin deficiencies. There is really only one disease which is vitamin deficiency disease. There are not thousands of different diseases as the medical system will often tell you.
    The medical system is just a deceptive money making organisation which tricks people into thinking that disease is a complex matter that needs a doctor to fix it. Nobody really needs a doctor for anything because if you avoid certain bad foods you will never get sick and need a doctor.

Note - The links that you have given me are all medical system nonsense which is about deceiving the public and making lots of money.
    Plaffelvohfen