frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should neuropsychiatrists receive tax exempt status in exchange for the life saving care, they give?

Debate Information

A neuropsychiatrist is a cross between a neiroscientists, and a mental health clinician. I have a post graduate book called: Neuroscience For The Mental Health Clinician. From this book, I learned about the important role neuropsychiatrists play in mental healthcare, provision, research, funding, education, and saving lives, so my answer is a resounding yes. With the suicide rate on the rise, mental health is ever so important. That is why I believe neuropsychiatrists should receive tax exempt status.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    No... What about surgeons, nurses, and every other health related professions? What about policemen, they could very well argue that they too save lives, then you have firemen, chemists that develop life-saving drugs, etc, etc... The list goes on and on...

No one should have tax exempt status, no one... Taxes are the rent you pay to live in a given society...
    YeshuaBoughtpiloteerZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen Maybe. You do have a good point. I just feel strongly about mental healthcare. :) <3
    Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaRedeemed

They do have an important job that's for sure... Mental health is a serious issue in the US,  at the moment, from what I found, neuropsychiatrist make between 70K and 160K/year in salary so let's average this at 120k / year... That is far from being bad IMO...  And they can always charge more if they can... ;) 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    I do not think anyone should be exempt from taxes for any reasons. If we are to have taxation, then it should apply to everyone equally, otherwise the whole point of taxation is lost: if some people get a better tax deal than other people, then they should also be eligible for worse public services, since they contribute to the public services less.

Now, if you ask me, I believe that taxation is robbery in general and should not exist. But if it is to exist anyway, at the very least it should be applied to individuals indiscriminatorily. One flat income tax rate for everyone, no other taxes - this is the best system, in my opinion.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited July 2019
    @Plaffelvohfen

You say .....No one should have tax exempt status, no one... Taxes are the rent you pay to live in a given society...

My reply .....I have tax exempt status up to €50,000 because I’m an artist , to get this exemption I had to send a selection of works into the government and they deemed them to be of artistic merit and of benefit to the state .... I think this was a marvelous piece of legislation introduced into our society because the states idea is art as in music , literature and painting etc , etc is of benefit and enriches all society