frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Jesus said he was God and Jesus talks about hell

Debate Information

When considering what defines personality

1.the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.

God's character is objectively moral
, I mention this because in contrast between religions, there false gods seem to lack any distinguishable personality.

My considerations questioning the religious:

1. If no one throughout the history of the/a religion has ever had a personal experience with their specific god how do they suggest knowledge of their god's existence?

As,
What inspired a person to have knowledge of the god's existence by which the god is named as giving reference to the false god

Generally, a name insinuates a personal understanding or a particular time a person was met

Yet no religion ever mentions anyone meeting their god.

2. Polytheism suggestively states two seperate bodies of separate knowledge while being equally contradictory are true

In arguing,

That human beings have a common cause or rather

1. That the same God that applies to one person, in application applies to all people as

2. The creator or all life

How can someone call something a god if it did not create them?

How do people suggest

1. Religious diversity
Whereas God is an individual
Or 
2. Multiple god's when God is specifically considered to be a creator.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    Additionally I don't see how these false god's never once give an explanation or expectation for human behaviour. Why don't they have distinguishable personalities?
    I fail to see how a God who created Hitler would not punish him for what he did.
    Additionally if something does not create how could it always exist?

That seems like a limitation and how is something that is limited a false god?
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    I am not a christian but I do know some bits about Christianity. Jesus might talk about hell but talks a bit about heaven. 
    Secondly, Jesus is not god, he is son of god but made special and designed like god.
    Lastly, since birth he knew he had to collect sins from past, present and future and would sacrifice himself for our sins and would go to hell so we go to heaven. If Jesus knew that then he would talk a bit about hell.
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    I fail to see how a God who created Hitler would not punish him for what he did.
    As said in my text Jesus collected all the sins in the world thus he got punished (brought into hell) instead.
    Jesus is God.

Hebrew word for God is plural.

It's why God said let us create man in Genesis 26.

Compare Genesis 26 with John chapter one. The word became flesh. The word is God. Jesus is God.
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Awesome debate! You need a profile pic. Here you go. It won't work, sorry.