frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

China violates US sanction on Iran, Trump increases tarriffs on China as tensions, heat up.

Debate Information

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• all4acttall4actt 315 Pts   -  
    I believe we should be following through with the if you break the sanctionds than you can't do buiness in the US.

Yes I undrrstand that sanctioning buisness in China would cause priicrs to go up and some trades to cease until they find another market to sell their goods but It is a mistake not cutting then off.

The violation of our trade sanctions is only a small part of why I believe we should be sanctioning trade with China.
  • qwerrtyqwerrty 42 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    Why are we even sanctioning Iran? The Iran Nuclear Deal was great. Iran gave up its sovereignty.  It allowed the IAEA to go into the country and check if they were building weapons. They weren't. https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2019-04/news/iaea-says-iran-abiding-nuclear-deal
    All we had to do was not sanction them. 
    Then we left and put sanctions on medicine. That was illegal. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2018/10/04/icji-o04.html
    Tariffs just put the burden onto consumers. The entire trade war negatively affects farmers and consumers. 

Edit: I love being marked as a fallacy without any response. 
    CYDdhartaPlaffelvohfenpiloteer
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    It is common for sanctioned countries to group up and interact with each other. I would say that we should just sanction Iran and China as usual, if we are to sanction them at all - and leave what happens between them outside of our consideration.

I also oppose general economical sanctions. I believe that the most effective sanctions are the ones targeting individuals in power, and not hurting the people in the process. Sanctions that make people's lives worse are likely to simply unite those people under their leaders and against us, which will be counter-productive to our goals.
  • Don't forget the part about the Stock market starting to plummet over this.
    qwerrty
    "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
    -Albert Camus, Notebook IV
    geolibcogscientist

I stock market would plummet with Sanction against a place like China.  That is why before doing this we as a country need to find other avenues for our trade.

Commitee's should be put together that include buisness associations that activley trade with China, government representitives and corporations to find and even develope viable options to trade with other than China.

I am not a huge supporter in forign aide but in this case if the aide coming in the form of development of manufacturing, food distribution ect.. in some of the economically depressed countries I would support it.
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    I think you mean "the US walks back sanctions on China"

The sanctions that take effect on September were announced three months ago, I know because it directly affects my job. Since they were first announced the US has excluded things originally sanctioned, such as phones and video games, and china has also been caught dealing with Iran. So I have no clue what point you are trying to make because spinning reality.
    piloteer
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @all4actt

all4actt said:
    geolibcogscientist

That is why before doing this we as a country need to find other avenues for our trade.

Commitee's should be put together that include buisness associations that activley trade with China, government representitives and corporations to find and even develope viable options to trade with other than China.

We don't "need" to do $hit. It is not and should not be left up to communists like yourself to govern free market enterprise and raise costs on the American public because you think China and Iran are meanies. We shouldn't be sanctioning Iran for anything. It was the US who injected itself into Iranian politics to overthrow their democratically elected prime minister, and we did it as a favor for BP(British petroleum), and the American public has been caught up in having to deal with the consequences ever since. And now we're talking about raising prices for everybody??????? How bout NO!!!!!!!!
    piloteer

1.  I am far from being a communist my suggestion is to move away from supporting a Communist government China.
    2.  I didn't say anything Iran
    3.  My suggestion includes the leaders of all free market representives to participate in finding  new avenues of trade with other countries so they no longer need to trade with China.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    @all4actt

Don't fool yourself. Calling for trade regulations is communist, no matter how you phrase it. Just because you think you're moving away from supporting a communist regime, it doesn't make the action of trade regulating a non-communist proposal. Cambodia refused to support Vietnam, and they eventually went to war with each other, and they were both communist.

If you have no feelings on sanctioning Iran, why is it you feel the need to sanction China? This whole discussion is about sanctioning China because of their trade partnership with Iran. 
    Piloterr

I don't see how anything I proposed could be construed as Communistic maybe you can explain that.

As far as China goes do some research on the now Communist Party of China and thier ideologies and see if they don"t reflect scarily close to those of the Nazi Party.

Now as far as Iran is concerned I have listen to both what our government (US) is saying and what the Iranian Forign Prime Minister and some other officials have had to say and what I do think is we are not getting the whole story from either side.  I do think that they are huge supporters of terror groubs (by the way they don't even bother to denie) and that should stop.  I mean if they feel strongly enough about something then maybe they should take a stance on it rather than back channeling it through terror groubs.  As far as whether they were staying in compliance with the nuclear deal that has been debatable.  Within that agreement not all their facillities were even able to be checked by inspectors.  I also recall an incident when inspectirs were refused entry into one of their facillities when they showed up.  No explaination was ever given for that.  Are sanctions the answer?  I have no idea.  I do know that I disagree with some of the sanctions such as those put on medication but as for some of the others I really don"t know if they are an answer.
    Piloterr

Nothing I prposed is in anyway communistic.  I dont know what your definiton of communisim is but here is a general definition:  
    com·mu·nism
    /ˈkämyəˌnizəm/
    noun
    1. a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.
    Do some research on China before you defend them.  If you do you will find that their regimes idiologies have many similarities to those of the former Nazi partys idiologies were.

As far as Iran goes I don't completely  disagree with all the sanctions.  I do dis agree that the non polifiration agreement was perfect as it was.  I didn't allow for IAEA inspectors to go to every site to check and I do recall an incident where the insperctors were stopped and turned away at the gates of a facillity they were suppose to inspect that day.  They are also sponsors of several terrorist groubs (something they don't deny).  If your thinking I am relying American news only for my information you are gravley mistaken.  I do think that some of the sanctions should not exist any circumstance.  Such as the trade in medication or food supplies.