frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Made for country

Debate Information

Humans were made to live in forests and among rivers and hills. Do you believe That many mental problems developed simply by living in cities?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• 대왕광개토대왕광개토 235 Pts   -  
    @maxx I don't think that humans were determined to live in wildlife like other animals. Humans have a unique capacity known as 'questioning.' Humans always questioned about everything and tried to improve everything they could to make their life easier. As for your second question, I would say no. I think it seemed to you that ancient humans(those who didn't live in city) had less mental illness than the more advanced humans(those who lived in cities)  just because there is not enough detailed historic documents about the former's mental illness. 
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @maxx

Humans were made to "X", seems to imply an actual design with a purpose in mind and therefore a creator... I reject the notion...

Humans evolved, they were not "made to/for" anything... 

Now, does living in big urban settings favors the apparition of mental issues? It's certainly possible...
    AlofRIDee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Humans are the only animal capable of changing their environment. CREATING their own environment. Destroying their own environment. Also the only animal capable of driving themselves crazy! Cities are going to have a larger percentage of madness per mile simply because they have more people per mile, and, consequently, more tension. A person who is angry, or made angry, does not mean that person is "mentally ill". It means he's pissed off. Pissed off people should not have access to a gun …. or even a baseball bat.
     It's impossible to be able to know what a person in that state will do. There have been far more angry people, people with an agenda, killing Americans than "mentally ill" people killing Americans. That will always be. No health plan for the "mentally ill" will catch these people before they kill. The MOST DANGEROUS tools should NOT be available to them to minimize the damage they CAN do when they hate. When they think someone must be punished for not seeing things as they do.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I don't agree that Humans were made for a certain environment and that any deviation from it will cause issues.  I do think though that Human beings do better in tribal settings as far as social health. 

One of the most interesting explanations of why we have some many Soldiers with PTSD came from a combat photographer who explained that Native Americans never suffered from PTSD during tribal warfare because of the Tribal culture.  Coming home after the War meant coming home to an entire Village that knew what it was like to be in a War, knew your name, was there for you, knew your family personally and would support you through transitioning back into normal day to day living.  Coming home from War now means coming back to a Family and the rest of the United States who have no idea what War really is or how it might have affected you and in truth...doesn't really care.  People in our society are greatly separated in today's America. 

I realize it's anecdotal and there's probably examples against it but do you know the names of your neighbors' kids?  Do you know who lives 3 doors down from you?  Do you know their story?  When's the last time you stopped over at your neighbors house just to say hi?  We don't do those things anymore because as a society we've grown apart.  Simultaneously we have our noses buried in everyone else's business...lol it's downright hilarious when you think about it.

Plaffelvohfenmaxx대왕광개토
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".