frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Do you think we should all cut our air travel?

Debate Information

Aeroplane travel has been a hot topic in news recently. We have heard that we all need to stop flying in order to save our planet. What do you think?
  1. Live Poll

Do you think we should all cut our air travel?

11 votes
    1. Yes, I think we should all cut our air travel.
      18.18%
    2. No, I don't think we should all cut our air travel.
      81.82%
  2. Live Poll

Are you going to cut your air travel?

11 votes
    1. Yes, I am going to cut my air travel.
      18.18%
    2. No, I am not going to cut my air travel.
      81.82%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
67%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• I don't think that cutting all air travels is a good idea considering current state of technology. Unless we make new means of transportation  that could assume airplanes' role of transporting people from one place to another with significantly higher cost/energy efficiency, there would not be any good substitute for airplanes. Under such kind of circumstance, if we ban all air travels, almost all tourism industries will collapse and many countries will face economic crises, which will in turn decrease both government revenue and people's standard of living. If such kind of thing happens, scientists would not be able to get enough fund from government to improve the current technologies that could help reduce greenhouse effect. Thus, the original intention to save our planet would result in a situation that can make things go otherwise.
    BrainSocksxlJ_dolphin_473