frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

RELIGION IS A BUSINESS - ITS A FACT

Debate Information

Have you ever seen a poor Relgious Leader? 98% are wealthy.  Why do Catholics put money in the basket twice every mass? Do they think God needs money? Do they think that their money goes directly to the needy?......Its a marketing strategy that Religious Leaders do, they scare you, they use the Bible which is their Marketing tool to get your affection and fool you to go to mass if possible everyday.....Remember, the more mass peope attend, the more they make money, TAX FREE.....That's why Catholics love religious events and creates Religious events, bcs. there will be more mass = more money ( TAX FREE )….. Have you noticed the CATHOLIC CHURCH is the richest organization in the world?.... The Vatican for example....They have billions in investments and gold and lives in a palace with high walls with top of the line security......WHY?......Arent they suppose to use their wealth to help the hungry and poor and the sick?...……..Its like the " GATES OF HEAVEN"......Really?...….Heaven has a gate now?...……..Why? … so that Illegal Aliens, stray dogs and Mormon preachers cant enter and needs to go through Saint Peter first?...…..Talking snake who tempted eve to eat the apple...…...WHAT A BUNCH OF FAIRY TALE...…...Like  I said, the bible, a marketing tool for the Religious Leaders Business....

1. Live Poll

Do you think that Religion is a business

3 votes
    1. Do you think Religion was the cause of all hatred and death on earth ever since the begining?
      33.33%
    2. Have you ever seen a poor religious leader?
      66.67%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6052 Pts   -  
    I agree, but I do not think that your initial notion is relevant to the argument. Everyone who is extremely good at something is likely to be very wealthy, as there is a strong demand for his/her expertise - and religious activities are no exception.

What I do think is problematic is that this wealth often comes from exploiting those who they claim to protect. Who gives the biggest donations to churches? The poor, who are told by the priests that the God rewards charity, and that the way to solve their financial issues is to keep giving. "Give, and you will receive" is one of the most misunderstood - and abused - wisdoms of all times.

I am not religious, but I have had a good experience of interacting with churches in the US, which helped me on a number of occasions when I was in need. Not all churches are bad, and not all religious leaders are tricksters. But the system itself and the philosophy behind it does favor exploitation of the believers, given how little risk there is and how much there is to gain by doing so.
  • Yep you have a point there but my argue is the Vatican and other Religions. And why do you need to join a group to worship a God?......Religion is the cause of hatred and war.... @MayCaesar
  • Religion_Business01Religion_Business01 38 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    @MayCaesar by the way, have you audited the churches that you attended to? Where does the collection money go to? ... Remember religious people are hypocrites...…...they pretend to be holy and nice in the outside but inside, they are corrupt and purely liars......Its a fact....
    @Religion_Business01

I do not know where the money there goes, but I do know that they provided a lot of free food, Internet and housing for people in need. Also, to their credit, they focused more on charity than on preaching; they knew well that I was an atheist (a very self-centered atheist at the time), and not a single time did anyone say anything even suggesting that I should consider converting to Christianity.

But not all churches are created equal. Both considering all religious leaders to be charlatans, and considering them all to be saint, is wrong. Religious people are just people, like anyone else, and they come in all forms.

I do not understand religions and their premise seems incredibly silly to me. However, I do not judge people based solely on what they believe. I appreciate charity, no matter what ideology leads to it. And I do not appreciate trickery and power games, no matter what ideology leads to it.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited October 2019
    Religion is a business, just like the below, are businesses as well right?

War is a business.

Prostitution is a business.

Abortion is a business, isn't it?
    Or is that incorrect? 

(https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/06/10/business/ceo-letter-abortion-ad-new-york-times/index.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15707640845205&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/business/ceo-letter-abortion-ad-new-york-times/index.html 

"The list of 180 companies that say restricting abortion is bad for business")

Illegal drug usage is a business.

Some illegal immigrants, are renting kids, to help others come into the country illegally aren't they? Another business, right?
    대왕광개토LibertineStates
  • NeopesdomNeopesdom 157 Pts   -  
    @Religion_Business01

>>Like  I said, the bible, a marketing tool for the Religious Leaders Business

Funny though that the individuals using religion as a tool are the ones that have no religious principles to begin with. It is the irreligious that try to use anything for their own benefit, regardless of the price to others, exactly the opposite of what the Bible teaches. If there was no religion then I'm sure they would find something else to exploit. Problem is lack of religion.
      “Never argue with an id'iot They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

• Have you ever seen a poor religious leader 

Although being Pope is a big responsibility and requires of much time, devotion, and work. The work of the Pope is the work of God. There is no salary assigned to the pope, the monthly expenses of the pope are all covered by the Curia funds. The compensation for being a Pope for a year is of 1 gold coin, 1 silver coin and 1 copper coin. These are not received by the Pope on life but are awarded after his death and all the coins earned during his papacy are placed inside the Popes coffin.

• @Dee now you see what I mean?...…….Even at death the pope still get riches as if he can bring it on his death to purchase items...…...instead why don't spend those coins for the poor?...…...The hypocrisy of it all..... RELIGION IS A BUSINESS AND IDIOTS WHO BELIEVES IN THESE RELIGIOUS LEADERS are purely idiots...
  • @TKDB Riiiiiiiiiiiiight….. but were talking about religion dumbass...……..
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    Sure it is a business, the business of "saving souls" with or against consent... Quite a nice scam though, convincing people they have these "souls" without any supporting evidence and selling redemption for a non-existing condition (original sin)... Humans are so gullible...
    Religion_Business01LibertineStates
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Religion_Business01

Wow, why does Religion have to be segregated from the rest of the businesses?

War is a business.

Prostitution is a business.

Abortion is a business.

Illegal drug usage is a business.

Some illegal immigrants, are renting kids, to help others come into the country illegally aren't they? Another business, right?

Does the business of Religion, affect your paycheck, or your finances?

Because the business side of Religion, doesn't affect my finances at all. 

And I've yet to hear anyone in any of the religious buildings, that I've seen in person, complain or be outraged, over the business side of Religion.

Not one parent, or parents, or grandparent, or grandparents.

"Do you think that Religion is a business

1.  Do you think Religion was the cause of all hatred and death on earth ever since the begining?
    2.  Have you ever seen a poor religious leader"

I think that some individuals will go out of their way, to pose questions, like the above, to garner attention for their individual arguments, or opinions?

Have you ever seen a poor Relgious Leader? (So what, how are they personally affecting you, if you don't allow them to?)

98% are wealthy. (So what, how are they personally affecting you, if you don't allow them to?

Why do Catholics put money in the basket twice every mass? (Why don't you go to a Catholic building, and ask the father of that Catholic building, that question to find out your answer?)

Do they think God needs money? (Go to a Catholic building, to get this answer, as well?)

Do they think that their money goes directly to the needy? (Go to a Catholic building, to get this answer as well?)

Its a marketing strategy that Religious Leaders do, they scare you, they use the Bible which is their Marketing tool to get your affection and fool you to go to mass if possible everyday. (Do you have personal proof, to support your stated claim?)

I've been inside of a Catholic building, and I didn't see any of what you've stated, taking place?

The below from you is pure speculation, and personal hearsay:

"Remember, the more mass peope attend, the more they make money, TAX FREE.

(Where's you legitimate proof, to support your claim?)

That's why Catholics love religious events and creates Religious events, bcs. there will be more mass = more money

(Where's your legitimate proof, to support your claim?)

TAX FREE Have you noticed the CATHOLIC CHURCH is the richest organization in the world? (Is the Catholic Church, personally able to affect your standard or living, or your own way of life?

The Vatican for example.
    (Is the Vatican, personally able to affect your standard or living, or your own way of life?)

They have billions in investments and gold and lives in a palace with high walls with top of the line security. (So what, how they personally able to affect your way of lif

WHY?......Arent they suppose to use their wealth to help the hungry and poor and the sick?
    (I've seen various Religious organizations, feed the homeless, and the poor, and provide clothing, and shelter to them, unless some of the poor or homeless, go about refusing the provided food, or shelter, which I have seen as well. I've seen some of the homeless, panhandling for money, and smoking weed, while sitting on a sidewalk, near a city street.)

Its like the " GATES OF HEAVEN"
    (Do you have any legitimate evidence, to support your stated claim?)

Really?...….Heaven has a gate now?
    (Do you have any legitimate evidence to support your stated claim?)

Why? … so that Illegal Aliens, stray dogs and Mormon preachers cant enter and needs to go through Saint Peter first?
    (Do you have any legitimate evidence to support your stated claim?)

Talking snake who tempted eve to eat the apple. (Does a talking snake, have any abilities to personally affect your standard, or way of life?

WHAT A BUNCH OF FAIRY TALE.

Like I said, the bible, a marketing tool for the Religious Leaders Business."

Look at how the NRA, advertises, itself?
    It's on Twitter, and has its own website, advertising various monetary ways to help an individual decide, on which type of membership to purchase? 

5 million members, who pay each year to be a member, of the NRA? 
    (And its said that the head of the NRA, has a lavish lifestyle?)

Does the head of the NRA, deserve to live such a lavish lifestyle?

Does anyone know if the head of the NRA, gives money to help shelter to homeless, or to feed the poor, or to help the sick?

The Abortion industry, carrying out roughly 1.5 million abortions a year?

I've personally witnessed protestors protesting in front of the Abortion clinics, in a few places, and saw them protesting Abortion, during the March For Our Lives Rally in Washington D.C.

Talk about a industry, that is changing the lives of unborn babies? 

Does anyone know if the Abortion industry, is giving money to help the homeless, or feed the poor, or help the sick?

The Gun industry, and it's business, that's changing the lives, of thousands each year.

Because legal, and illegal guns both, have been used to take the lives of innocent people: Kids, teenagers, students, parents, teachers, Police Officers, grandparents, and senior citizens? 

Does anyone know if the Gun industry, is giving money, to help the homeless, or feed the poor, or help the sick?

The Marijuana Industry business, making money, off of legalized recreational marijuana users?

Does anyone know if the Marijuana Industry, is giving money, to help the homeless, or feed the poor, or help the sick? 

I'm a fair, and equal when it comes to debating.

Both sides of any argument, as factual as possible, verses just opinion. 

대왕광개토LibertineStates
  • @TKDB WOW, the effort you did to reply to my post..... unfortunately your reply is all useless bcs. first im not catholic so don't tell me to go to preist or church to ask them.... Second is all your comments did not answer my question... if you do not know the answer then do not comment... Are you on drugs or something?
    Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Religion_Business01

Nah, his hairs caught on fire as an infant and his parents put it out with big shovel swings... Don't ever expect a rational argument from him... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Religion_Business01

I'm a Fair and Equal conversationalist.

My arguments, are down the middle of the Liberal and Conservative aisles.

And the Athiest, Thiest, and Religion in general aisles, as well. 

You're anti religious arguments are old and worn. 

And I'm used to reading your kind of arguments, please continue, with your teachings.

Your Brethren, beat you to the punch, long before your name showed up, @Religion_Business01

These Athiests Teachers and their profile names:

@SemiSteve

@Rjhenn

@Idheinz

And the Internet has been utilized by how many different Companies, on Global level?

"RELIGION IS A BUSINESS - ITS A FACT"

Why no counter arguments for the rest of my points of view?

@Religion_Business01?

Because your one counter argument, is pitiful:

"WOW, the effort you did to reply to my post..... unfortunately your reply is all useless bcs. first im not catholic so don't tell me to go to preist or church to ask them.... Second is all your comments did not answer my question... if you do not know the answer then do not comment... Are you on drugs or something?"

"RELIGION IS A BUSINESS - ITS A FACT"

Look at how the NRA, advertises, itself?
    It's on Twitter, and has its own website, advertising various monetary ways to help an individual decide, on which type of membership to purchase? 

5 million members, who pay each year to be a member, of the NRA? 
    (And its said that the head of the NRA, has a lavish lifestyle?)

Does the head of the NRA, deserve to live such a lavish lifestyle?

Does anyone know if the head of the NRA, gives money to help shelter to homeless, or to feed the poor, or to help the sick?

The Abortion industry, carrying out roughly 1.5 million abortions a year?

I've personally witnessed protestors protesting in front of the Abortion clinics, in a few places, and saw them protesting Abortion, during the March For Our Lives Rally in Washington D.C.

Talk about a industry, that is changing the lives of unborn babies? 

Does anyone know if the Abortion industry, is giving money to help the homeless, or feed the poor, or help the sick?

The Gun industry, and it's business, that's changing the lives, of thousands each year.

Because legal, and illegal guns both, have been used to take the lives of innocent people: Kids, teenagers, students, parents, teachers, Police Officers, grandparents, and senior citizens? 

Does anyone know if the Gun industry, is giving money, to help the homeless, or feed the poor, or help the sick?

The Marijuana Industry business, making money, off of legalized recreational marijuana users?

Does anyone know if the Marijuana Industry, is giving money, to help the homeless, or feed the poor, or help the sick? 

I'm a fair, and equal when it comes to debating.

Both sides of any argument, as factual as possible, verses just opinion.  

@Religion_Business01

Please, continue with your teachings?

• The opening sentence is a fallacy.

Lol

Fail from 0-100 fallacy

Tithing is used for mission trips and to assist those who have financial problems.

Fail.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    Religion makes money true.
    Plus there is a lot of greed in Religious services.

Nevertheless, all industries could be said to have greed in it. Since just about every field of study has had to find ways to bolster funding.

On that same thought, Religion has been the financial backers for every field of study.
    Without Religious finances, schools would be nonexistent, hospitals would be nonexistent, colleges, science, art, and just about every philanthropy type endeavor owes its success to religion.
    So it may be true to state Religion is a business.
    It is a very generous business that has given trillions to the development of human society.
    @JesusisGod777888

Is that why Vatican is the richest region on Earth, and Pope Francis' net worth estimates range from ~$20 million to many billions? Does not sound like those people have a lot of financial problems.

While I do think that a lot, and maybe even the most, people running churches have noble non-profit intent, there is no denial that religion is heavily monetised. Has always been. It is not as much monetised today as it used to, at least; there was a period of time lasting many centuries when the entire Europe was controlled by the Christian church, that managed to establish one of the most totalitarian political systems in human history, and that has drained countless kingdoms' coffers.

I do not see anything wrong with monetised religion and with for-profit churches. I do see something fishy in organisations claiming to be non-profit, but actually enriching themselves at the expense of gullible people, however. Not that I deny their right to exist, but nor should you deny their existence.
  • SandSand 307 Pts   -  
    I truly believe all religions need to be taxed.
    This would greatly reduce economic pressure.