frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should fireworks be banned?

Debate Information

Position: Against
I debate that fireworks should not be banned because they form an integral part of many cultural celebrations.

Debra AI Prediction

Against
Predicted To Win
61%
Likely
39%
Unlikely

Details +

For:

0% (0 Points)

Against:

0% (0 Points)

Votes: 0

Debate Type: Traditional Debate

Voting Format: Formal Voting

Opponent: PHaze

Rounds: 1

Time Per Round: 48 Hours Per Round

Voting Period: 7 Days

Round 1

Voting

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Round 1 | Position: For
    PHazePHaze 12 Pts   -  
    I second that they should NOT be banned.  There can be only two reasons for arguing to ban them:  1) Safety issues & 2) Protection of property.  I believe that one who opts to use fireworks assumes all responsibility for the consequences, come what may.  If they are injured, injure somebody else or if they damage or destroy property (public or private), then they are already legally responsible under an infinite number of existing laws. 
  • Round 1 | Position: Against
    xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    I believe that fireworks should not be banned for the following reasons.
    Fireworks form an integral part of many cultural celebrations. Banning them would essentially be suppression of certain cultures who use fireworks in their celebrations. Doing this would not only be morally wrong, but would be exceptionally oppressive, something we are trying to eliminate rather than promote.
    You may say that fireworks can be dangerous. True, when in the wrong hands, they can be dangerous. But fireworks are safe when used properly, according to the instructions. Why would we punish everyone who enjoys using fireworks safely? It would be more sensible to punish only those who use them dangerously. 
    In conclusion, my argument is that fireworks should not be banned because they are used in some cultural celebrations, and because they are safe when used properly.