frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Devil's Advocate Game - Abortion - arguing for the pro-life position

Debate Information

Position: For
Note:  I would like to point out that my true position is neither pro-life nor pro-choice as I think both of these terms just reflect dichotomous ways of thinking. However, the position I will be arguing here is for the pro-life position. The reason I am doing this is for a bit of fun, a challenge, and ultimately a way to learn and progress further in civil debates. The way this debate will work is that the first person posts an argument, then the second person posts their rebuttals and then their arguments for their position. So without further ado let's get at it.

Debra AI Prediction

Against
Predicted To Win
67%
Likely
33%
Unlikely

Details +

Debate Type: Lincoln-Douglas Debate

Voting Format: Casual Voting

Opponent: Plaffelvohfen

Time Per Round: Blitz - 15 Minutes Per Round

Voting Period: 7 Days

Forfeited

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Affirmative Constructive | Position: For
    My Argument

I would first like to start off by making it clear what I mean by pro-life and that is "pro-human life." While it is scientifically inaccurate to say that life in general begins at conception it is not incorrect to say that about human life. Human life does begin at conception.

Secondly, due to the education on how we have intercourse in this day and age abortion just doesn't cut it. Why have an abortion when you could have taken preventive measures in the first place?

I therefore contend that abortions is wrong and should not be permissible.
    Plaffelvohfen

• Cross Examination - Affirmative | Position: Against
    PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    I will contend that abortion maybe immoral but should still be permissible in a free democratic country. 

Considering the subjective nature of morality, and the actual purpose of the Law (which is to "protect the rights of citizens", not to impose subjective morality and beliefs), allowing abortions to occur in a safe medical environment is less disturbing (has less negative impact) to society than the opposite. 
    AlofRISkepticalOneZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "