frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Can life be meaningful without emotion?

Debate Information

Suppose that there was a world where emotion does not exist. Could there be anything that could make life meaningful? 
ZeusAres42
  1. Live Poll

Can life be meaningful without emotion?

6 votes
    1. No, life cannot be meaningful when there is no emotion
      83.33%
    2. Yes, life can be meaningful even without emotion.
      16.67%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Interesting question. I think it's because of our emotions that we give meaning to things.

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    I don't see why it would be impossible... It would probably be an utilitarian, Vulcan-like society, where emotions are frowned upon and cold logic promoted...  
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • The world would be meaningless, life would be meaningless, everything in fact would be meaningless. There is no physical or possible way that we could a life without emotion, except like if we had a multiverse or multiverses out there past our planet or universe. I would say that maybe in a different multiverse that there could be a planet without us showing emotions but then we wouldn't have most of what we have today. Like the civil rights movement would have never have happened, because without emotion the whites showing emotion towards the blacks then they wouldn't entered the era of segregation. So all I am trying to say that if we showed no emotions, then life wouldn't have a point.