frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

edgar cayce

Debate Information

explain him and how he did what he did
smoothie

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Explain what exactly? Do you mean how Cayce was a charlatan who predicted ...... . He predicted that in 1958 the U.S. would discover some sort of death ray used on Atlantis and  is one of the main people responsible for some of the sillier notions about Atlantis, including the idea that the Atlanteans had some sort of Great Crystal ......
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    apparently you don not know much about him now do you?  he had thousands of psychic readings on health and other issues for individuals and all most all of them were documented and recorded.  His health readings alone helped many and not only that many of his readings were to people who were not in the room with him at the time of the readings yet trained scientests were.  do not be so quick to disregard someone who you know nothing about.@Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    ****apparently you don not know much about him now do you?  

You base this assumption on what exactly?

****he had thousands of psychic readings on health and other issues for individuals and all most all of them were documented and recorded.  

So what ? I used to do psychic readings for a living yet I was using techniques I learned as a mentalist/magician , people claimed I was the real deal so your point is what exactly?

***His health readings alone helped many and not only that many of his readings were to people who were not in the room with him at the time of the readings yet trained scientists were.

Again many people stated I helped them and I used to do remote readings also so again what’s your point? What “trained scientists” ? Again scientists are not the right people to access if someone is displaying genuine “psychic powers” if that was the case trained magician Uri Geller would not have fooled some of the best in the world back in the 70’s

****  do not be so quick to disregard someone who you know nothing about.

I do disregard the charlatan and indeed I know a lot more about his type than you would ever know , there are no such thing as genuine psychics or psychic gifts end of story
    Plaffelvohfen
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    well disregarding him because you (think) he was a charalton makes for a lousy debate does it not. perhaps you should do a little more in-depth study on what he did before you just say "so what"   sounds a bit childish on a debate site.  he has been proven on what he did but you refuse to believe it nor look it up to see for yourself;  ok, but so what.@Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

***well disregarding him because you (think) he was a charalton makes for a lousy debate does it not. 

I disregard not on what I think but what I know he was a quack and a charlatan , I’m not responsible for your gullibility.....

He used this "knowledge" to predict that California will slide into the ocean and that New York City will be destroyed in some sort of cataclysm. He predicted that in 1958 the U.S. would discover some sort of death ray used on Atlantis. Cayce is one of the main people responsible for some of the sillier notions about Atlantis, including the idea that the Atlanteans had some sort of Great Crystal. Cayce called the Great Crystal the Tuaoi Stone and said it was a huge cylindrical prism that was used to gather and focus "energy," allowing the Atlanteans to do all kinds of fantastic things. But they got greedy and , tuned up their Crystal to too high a frequency and set off volcanic disturbances that led to the destruction of that ancient world. He made other predictions concerning such things as the Great Depression (that 1933 would be a good year) and the Lindbergh kidnapping (most of it wrong, all of it useless), and that China would be converted to Christianity by 1968.

Skeptics Dictionary 

*****perhaps you should do a little more in-depth study on what he did before you just say "so what"   sounds a bit childish on a debate site.  

In depth study? You mean like above as in something you weren’t even aware of . The only one being childish is you because I’ve destroyed your assertions and no doubt you feel foolish for falling for such nonsense , don’t take it out on me you’re responsible for your gullibility not I 

***he has been proven on what he did but you refuse to believe it nor look it up to see for yourself

Right so California did slide into the ocean and New York was destroyed and who” proved “ him? The same scientists who proved Geller was genuine?

Plaffelvohfen
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -   edited November 2019
    sure,  ignore the thousand of readings he gave to the clinically ill while in a self induced trance, who most were miles away and whom he had no knowledge of.   I know he is fake says dee   I just know it  I dont need to look up his thousands of documented readings that are stored in a national archive,  he is a hoax perpetuated by the Russians.  I am right and since califorina is still around I can ignore the majority of what he got right, says dee.  man alive, I never saw any one who has such a closed mind before.  anything that goes against your beliefs must automatically be wrong. you are just as bad as many of these religious people you so quickly put down because you can not check or do not want your beliefs to be tarnished.  you sound like a little girl stomping her foot" no no no  I refuse to look because he iis fake and I know it. califorina is till there. you cant make me velieve all the scientists who documented him; thye are all dead by now anyway.  who cares how many thousands of readings he got right?"  sheese.. how can you even call your words  a debate when all you say is dee is right and everyone else is wrong?
    @Dee
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited November 2019

Michael Shermer writes in Why People Believe Weird Things, "Uneducated beyond the ninth grade, Cayce acquired his broad knowledge through voracious reading and from this he wove elaborate tales." Shermer wrote that, "Cayce was fantasy-prone from his youth, often talking with angels and receiving visions of his dead grandfather." Magician James Randi has said that "Cayce was fond of expressions like 'I feel that' and 'perhaps'—qualifying words used to avoid positive declarations." Examination of the readings do not show qualifying terms.

Investigator Joe Nickell has noted:

Although Cayce was never subjected to proper testing, ESP pioneer Joseph B. Rhine of Duke University – who should have been sympathetic to Cayce's claims – was unimpressed. A reading that Cayce gave for Rhine's daughter was notably inaccurate. Frequently, Cayce was even wider off the mark, as when he provided diagnoses of subjects who had died since the letters requesting the readings were sent.

Science writer Karen Stollznow has written:

The reality is that his cures were hearsay and his treatments were folk remedies that were useless at best and dangerous at worse ... Cayce wasn't able to cure his own cousin, or his own son who died as a baby. Many of Cayce's readings took place after the patient had already died.

Cayce begun to dabble in  at an early age, as when he was six years old, he allegedly started seeing and talking to visions, some resembeling deceased family members and others being straight up angels, which he "saw" after he became a christian. He also believed that by sleeping with his schoolbooks under his pillow, he could absorb the information from the books and remember all the details instead of doing the sensible thing and actually read the books.

He was known as the "sleeping prophet" because he would allegedly slip into a deep meditative sleep in order to give his predictions. He also founded Atlantic University, a Virginia-based diploma mill for all sorts of wonderful degrees in .

Cayce popularised the myth about a buried "Hall of Records" lying between the paws of the Sphinx, which allowed Egypt-woo-ologists like Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval to publish wildly popular books of gibberish. He also apparently had something to do with Lemuria and was largely responsible for perpetuating many of the myths surrounding Atlantis in modern popular culture, including the myth that Atlantis held some sort of "Great Crystal" that was destroyed by a death ray.

His laundry list of woo also included the recommendation of many quack medical remedies (along with promoting osteopathy), such as poultices of castor oil, and "atomidine" - a patent medicine consisting of an iodine trichloride (I2Cl6) solution prepared by running electricity through it. Adherents claim that this process makes the ordinarily highly toxic iodine trichloride safe for human use while giving it benefits to the immune system by cleansing the glands and lymphatic system, but this is just silly. In reality it is "mostly harmless" only because atomidine contains only 1% iodine trichloride in solution.

You can find products based on Cayce's readings, where else, in your local health-food store, along with gallons of other woo...

Dee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

***sure,  ignore the thousand of readings he gave to the clinically ill while in a self induced trance, who most were miles away and whom he had no knowledge of.   

Readings saying what exactly? I used to do up to 20 readings a day and was told I was gifted and in touch with higher dimension I used to rely o people like you to swell my bank account 

****How he is fake says dee   I just know it  I dont need to look up his thousands of documented readings that are stored in a national archive,  

Right , so California did slide into the sea and China and New York was destroyed well that’s what your hero said did he?

***he is a hoax perpetuated by the Russians.  

I never said that , I said he was a fraud and proved it grow up 

***I am right and since califorina is still around I can ignore the majority of what he got right, says dee.  

I am right and if you want to continue sulking like the foolish child you are go ahead , let’s look at what James Randi the man who made a living exposing idiots like Cayce has to say on the crook .......

As James Randi notes in his classic book, Flim Flam, "It is no secret that his cures were quite similar to the ‘home remedies’ described in the handy medical encyclopedias that were bedside reading in many rural homes in the late 1800s." In other words, he didn’t exactly need psychic powers to know about them. Randi continued, "Beef broth was one of Cayce’s favorite remedies for such diverse diseases as gout and leukemia. Who can fault a nice man who prescribes a cup of hot soup?"

Some of his remedies weren’t as harmless as a cup of soup. He was apparently among the first to recommend laetrile as a cure for cancer. Laetrile is ineffective, but still has a cult following among those who think poison is a miracle drug (it contains cyanide). Some of his other recommendations were "’oil of smoke’ for a leg sore; ‘peach-tree poultice’ for convulsions; ‘bedbug juice’ for dropsy; and ‘fumes of apple brandy from a charred keg’ for tuberculosis" (Skeptic’s Dictionary). In 1926 he prescribed "the raw side of a freshly skinned rabbit, still warm with blood, fur side out, placed on the breast for cancer of that area" (Beyerstein). Yuck.

His diagnoses were about as well-informed as his suggested cures. For example, we have his reading for psoriasis as, "The conditions that exist through the thinning of the walls of the intestines allow the poisons to find expressions in the lymph circulation; thus producing the irritation to and through the epidermis itself" (The Edgar Cayce Website, ecayce.tripod.com, from reading #2455-2, May 21, 1941). Funny, I have psoriasis and my doctor never mentioned thinning intestinal walls to me–nor do any of the medical websites I’ve consulted.

Cayce supporters probably don’t like to talk about his failures in healing members of his own family. According to Beyerstein, Cayce’s cousin, Ike, appealed to him for help but died. And one of Cayce’s own sons died as a baby in 1911.

As if these weren’t bad enough, we have several documented cases of Cayce advising how to cure dead people, in connection with readings using letters they sent to him. In these cases, the letters had been written while the person was still alive, but by the time he made his psychic "diagnosis," they were dead. Whoops! Of course, his followers have excuses for this type of thing, but it seems to me if he’s getting his information through magical means, he should know this particular person is beyond help.

****man alive, I never saw any one who has such a closed mind before.  anything that goes against your beliefs must automatically be wrong. 

That’s simply not true , I don’t believe in or new age woo you do as you’re gullible and unintelligent and simply refuse to look at evidence that goes against your belief in nonsense , the difference between you and I I do not accept what a polished charlatan like Cayce has to say as psychic  phenomena is non existent which is why no one has come close to claiming the 1 million  dollars put forward by the Randi foundation for a demonstration of such 

****you are just as bad as many of these religious people you so quickly put down because you can not check or do not want your beliefs to be tarnished.  

Am I indeed , the reason I can defeat their arguments like yours easily is because I do through checks  and have expertise in the fields I hold forth on this is something you and your gullible type never do as you want to believe nonsense.What beliefs of mine would be tarnished exactly by accepting unproven nonsense?

I don’t put the down either I correct them when they like you demonstrate gross  inconsistencies in their rationale 

***you sound like a little girl stomping her foot" no no no  I refuse to look because he iis fake and I know it. 

But I dismiss him you precisely because I did look at the “evidence “ of his claims 

****. you cant make me velieve all the scientists who documented him; thye are all dead by now anyway.  

What scientists exactly? How are scientists in anyway competent to expose “psychics” ?

****who cares how many thousands of readings he got right?"  

I don’t as I like have got thousands right so again your point is?

****sheese.. how can you even call your words  a debate when all you say is dee is right and everyone else is wrong?

But you put the topic up if I’m wrong prove it? I am indeed right and I’m afraid your claim regarding “everyone” is way off the mark as a fair majority of rational beings dismiss Cayce for the charlatan he was , his biggest fans are Christians ( what a shocker) as Cayce was a devout Christian ......Next you will be claiming Jesus walked on water ......wait .....

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

Spot on , pure and utter but people like Cayce rely on people like @maxx to swell the bank balance and so it continues even to this day 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @Dee

There are some people who want to believe, whether it's actually real or not doesn't matter to them... They want comforting delusions to hold on to, like a child's blanket, instead of facing the truth that magic and the supernatural aren't real... I have to conclude that those people have abandoned critical thinking, they can't cope with reality I guess... <span>:neutral:</span>
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

I agree , as a teenager I too believed in a lot of this nonsense but my saving grace was I read a lot and found out that claims such as Cayces were based on an industry that pulls in billions a year worldwide duping the unwary.I worked at psychic readings and mental magic for many years the difference is I always stated that what I was doing was entertainment, unfortunately a proportion of psychic entertainers start believing their own as one gets very good the more one does it and start claiming they can heal the sick etc , etc , which I think is about as low as one can go 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @Dee

Yeah, my mother used to read cards and such... I was always baffled by the fact that people actually paid her for a reading... I knew first hand it was (my mother actually believed she had a "gift", and returning customer too obviously), she didn't realized that she was actually just a good observer / listener, and told people what they wanted to hear...
    Dee
    @Plaffelvohfen

Ha , ha I love the fact you knew it was . There’s a whole other field in mental magic called cold reading and it’s extremely powerful when one acquires skill at it people never remember your misses only your hits , one can make a fortune using these techniques it’s actually a fascinating field for those with an enquiring mind and interested in how humans are so easily psychologically manipulated. You’re most likely aware of such having a natural curiosity like me , if so ignore the link otherwise you may enjoy it  https://thementalismcourse.com/the-barnum-effect-barnum-statement-examples-you-can-use/
    Plaffelvohfen
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    you realize that it is very easy to quote those who were actually there who documented him@P  its easy to take one book like you have done and say he was fake while ignoring all the other books. quoting a book by Shermer who quotes rhine?? you have to use those people to discredit him?  where are the scientific people who dis credit him?
     laffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Stop embarrassing yourself and do a bit of research ...... According to Cayce, a large earthquake would hit the sate of California, causing it and the Baja peninsula to slide into the Pacific sometime during the 1960s. Even though California does sit on a fault line and is plagued by numerous earthquakes per year, the sate and the Baja peninsula are both still fully intact.

Armageddon in 1999

While in his self-induced tranced, Cayce predicted that Armageddon would come in 1999. Obviously, Armageddon never came. 1999 did have its share of disasters, natural and political, but nothing on the scale of Armageddon.

A New Christian China

Cayce also predicted that China would become the new “cradle of Christianity.” He went on to predict that China would be completely converted to Christianity by 1968.

Just as in his other predictions, Cayce missed the mark. Buddhism remains the most popular single religion in China since its introduction in the 1st century. Nearly 30% of the country is Buddhist. The number of Christians pale in comparison. Even today, Christians only make up 3 to 4% of the Chinese population.

Believers Have No Need for Evidence

Out of the thousands upon thousands Edgar Cayce’s prophecies, only 40% can be considered remotely correct, and even that percentage is open to debate. The other 60% were either too vague to interpret, multiple-intent, or just plain wrong.

Just as Cayce was not concerned with critics and skeptics, neither are his modern-day followers. When questioned about flawed or incorrect predictions, modern-day believers simply reply back with a quote from Cayce himself.

“Prophecy is never given for any other purpose than as a warning. For this reason, a successful prophecy is one that has been averted and therefore does not happen.”

This also means that a successful prophet is one that you can never successfully prove is a fraud, no matter how many times they get it wrong.

Plaffelvohfen
    first I am not even talking about his world predictions. I am talking about the thousand of health reading that worked; pretty good rate for someone asleep and do not even know their conditions, and you refuse to believe because you are DEE who is right.  I can provide links as well but you guys have minds like a bowl of jello. you dont do any checks at all aside from looking for something to prove he is wrong and you are right.  you have a closed mind and that is dumb.  just like plaff quotes Sherman who quotes rhine;  seriouslly?  may as well say that I saw in the enquirer that cayce was a fraud. just because he was not 100 percent accurate doesn't mean he was a fake. God  why do I waste my time on dogmatic individuals? 
      @Dee go stomp your foot some more  https://www.edgarcayce.org/the-readings/ancient-mysteries/seven-prophecies-that-came-true/
    @maxx

The dogmatic individual is you Maxx I'm sorry to say... You want to believe in the supernatural, despite the fact that we have no evidence whatsoever to support such a claim...

It's an irrational and untenable position. 
    Dee
    @Plaffelvohfen

I’m afraid he’s to far gone , he wears his gullibility like a badge of pride.......Sorry I forgot to post the link in my last post it’s there  now if you wish to check it out 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Go stomp your foot some more 

If that’s what you call my correcting your stupidity so be it ......Hey maybe if you know someone suffering from cancer you could recommend eating raw rabbit skin as your hero Cayce recommended ....

Plaffelvohfenmaxx
    since you started the name calling( as usual. you cant have a debate with out calling people names) then raw rabbit skin would be a lot healthier for you than all that fast food that made you over weight. and you also failed to even look at the link, but of course it is not valid@Dee
    I disagree.  What you call supernatural is just something that humans do not understand as of yet.  you should know that as well as any one.  I agree that there have many fakes over times, many who have been either exposed or self- admittance. yet there are many things in this world, including the human brain which we still do not know yet what all it is capable of, that humans do not understand. I wont go into the quantum level of the brain for it is redundant to this post. what is science to us, I am sure that you are aware, may be magic to others.  @Plaffelvohfen
    @maxx

It's a lot more than just a lack of current understanding, it's the utter lack of evidence that there is such a thing to begin with... It's the "new-age" version of the god of the gaps... 
    ZeusAres42
    @maxx

@maxx

****then raw rabbit skin would be a lot healthier for you than all that fast food that made you over weight.

Yet I'm not the one overweight as I detest fast food as I'm not an American tubby like you , you always accuse others of your ignorance , stupidity and weight issues which is called mirroring ( look it up )

Why didn’t you just put the topic up asking people to only respond if they agree with you?

Every topic you post up you want people to agree with if they don’t you sulk like a child 

***and you also failed to even look at the link, but of course it is not valid

It's  not nor is anything to do with the conman Cayce despite your childish fawning hero  worship 
  • maxx said:
    apparently you don not know much about him now do you?  he had thousands of psychic readings on health and other issues for individuals and all most all of them were documented and recorded.  His health readings alone helped many and not only that many of his readings were to people who were not in the room with him at the time of the readings yet trained scientests were.  do not be so quick to disregard someone who you know nothing about.@Dee
    So basically this guy was a self-professed Clairvoyant? And supposedly he helped many people via psychic readings? Is there actually any official documentation of this, the research done, the research methods being done, the results obtained and how those results were interpreted?

Sorry if I sound condescending but I am going to say that while this stuff makes for great televisional entertainment it is not reality, and most definitely not science.
    Plaffelvohfen

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    lack of evidence: there have been so many things that happened to ordinary individuals that defy understanding; no they do not have the evidence for what happened to them yet lack of evidence does not mean fakery. until something is proven true you will not think and search for what we yet to understand and rely on others to look for you? I am sure that you believe in a lot of scientific ideas that have no evidence, beliefs that you find that may be true.  yes, there were many things that cayce did that defy explanation, and it is easy to deride him as a fraud, but those whom he helped with his so called quackery as you put it, would hardly be impressed with your idea of him being a fake./@Plaffelvohfen
  • maxx said:
     but those whom he helped with his so called quackery as you put it, would hardly be impressed with your idea of him being a fake./@Plaffelvohfen
    That is true. Just like how disappointing it can be to some people when they realize that the drug they were taking for depression, for instance, was no different than a placebo!

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    well. perhaps calling what he did for others which helped , a placebo,  is hardly fair.  he accepted no money, wanted no fame, ive read many of his readings.  one can hardly have such knowledge as a high school drop out. If he was a fake, then those whom he helped with his quackery advice and medicine, sure benefited from following his ideas@ZeusAres42
  • maxx said:
    well. perhaps calling what he did for others which helped , a placebo,  is hardly fair.  he accepted no money, wanted no fame, ive read many of his readings.  one can hardly have such knowledge as a high school drop out. If he was a fake, then those whom he helped with his quackery advice and medicine, sure benefited from following his ideas@ZeusAres42
    It's very fair. People deserve to know the truth; what actually works and what doesn't, and which is devoid of the placebo effect. Hence, the reason for proper scientific research methods.

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    sure,  that is why I called you out on what beliefs that you have that have no evidence,; however I doubt that you will post@ZeusAres42
  • maxx said:
    sure,  that is why I called you out on what beliefs that you have that have no evidence,; however I doubt that you will post@ZeusAres42
    And what beliefs would those be? Why should I believe in something if I have no reason to believe it? Why should I believe in something lacking research based on objective and empirical evidence?

It seems like you are the one advocating for the idea that Psychic/Clairvoyance powers can heal the sick; which is a potentially dangerous idea I might add also. You're the one with this hypothesis it would seem; so the burden of evidence is on you my friend. I do not need to provide evidence of beliefs that I already lack.
    Plaffelvohfen

@maxx
    no they do not have the evidence for what happened to them yet lack of evidence does not mean fakery.
    If they claim to know something nobody else knows, they do have to show evidence... If they can't, it doesn't necessarily mean it's fakery true, it could probably be just delusional behavior, some beliefs/ideas spread like viruses when people don't exercise critical thinking, every sect that ever existed demonstrates that...  
    ...but those whom he helped with his so called quackery as you put it, would hardly be impressed with your idea of him being a fake./@Plaffelvohfen
    Was that an argument?? 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You’re spot on regards placebo effect .....

Cayce wasn't able to cure his own cousin, or his own son who died as a baby. Many of Cayce's readings took place after the patient had already died.

In short, the only evidence for Cayce's psychic doctoring is useless for testing his psychic powers. Nevertheless, it is the volume and alleged accuracy of his "cures" that seem to provide the main basis for belief in Cayce as a psychic. In fact, however, the support for his accuracy consists of little more than anecdotes and testimonials. There is no way to demonstrate that Cayce relied on psychic powers, rather than the placebo effect, even on those cases where there is no dispute that he was instrumental in the cure.

Skeptics dictionary 

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

.  What you call supernatural is just something that humans do not understand as of yet

Like what for example? If you claim that there are supernatural phenomena the burden of proof is on you to prove which is something you cannot do why’s that?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

If he was a fake, then those whom he helped with his quackery advice and medicine, sure benefited from following his idea

He was a fake , he couldn’t even help his own son who died , his wife or his first cousin why’s that? Psychic power failure or an interruption in his “psychic energy levels” ?

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Oh dear Mad Maxx posts up a link to a 9/12 conspiracy theorists website ..... 

Here is one of their publications ........The 9/11 Truth Movement & The Changing Tide Of History

At least you’re consistent in your nuttiness , aren’t you also a big fan of Deepak Chopra if memory serves me?
    @maxx

Seriously??? You present me a personal webpage, no peer review??

First sentence : "I evaluated Cayce and his readings in every way I could conceive except for the medical and health material which is beyond my ability to assess.".

No need to waste anymore time...
    Dee
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    read it.
    @Plaffelvohfen
    PlaffelvohfenDee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

I take it you’re not going to buy the book .....the follow up has Cayce holding forth on the prehistory of America which was one peopled by ( wait for it ,drum roll) Giants ......You learn something  new everyday........
    Plaffelvohfen
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    I do believe this is a closed subject.  you failed to show me he was a fraud and  I failed to prove to you he was real.  actually, you nor dee debate in the traditional sense, you just claim you are correct and others are wrong. that is not a debate. links are not debate, which is why I loathe to produce any although I do so. There are way too many people in this world who have had unusual experiences that border-line upon on what you may call the super natural and calling them all delusional and mis- informed is delusional in its self.  perhaps you may sneer at the idea of it but in quantum mechanics many findings such as telepathy and teleportation easily exists at the micro world and can carry over into the macro.  there is no reason at all according to quantum math that what you call supernatural or psychic abilities can  not exist. @Plaffelvohfen
    Plaffelvohfen
    @maxx
    ... but in quantum mechanics many findings such as telepathy and teleportation easily exists at the micro world and can carry over into the macro.
    This is patently false and nothing but ludicrous pseudoscience... 
    sure it is.. once I called you dogmatic and you returned the favor by pointing out that you were not but I was.  the definition of being dogmatic is being so steadfast in your view that you close your mind to others.  who is the one with the closed mind?  you are.  you apparently know little about higher math involved with physics and quantum mechanics and just sneer like dee at anything new
     @Plaffelvohfen
    @maxx

I'm pretty sure I understand more about the nature of quantum mechanics than you do... 

What you think of as "telepathy" is actually called "Quantum Pseudo-telepathy", the prefix pseudo referring to the fact that quantum pseudo-telepathy does not involve the exchange of information between any parties. Instead, quantum pseudo-telepathy removes the need for parties to exchange information in some circumstances. It has nothing to do with two minds communicating directly at distance as Telepathy infer...

“Quantum teleportation” is a real and potentially rather useful phenomenon, but despite what popular science articles may tell you, it has essentially nothing to do with the transporters in Star Trek. In real life, teleportation uses quantum entanglement to transfer a physical state from one particle to another. The idea is that if you already have two entangled particles, one in (let us say) Los Angeles and the other in New York, you can use them to transmit information about a third particle. Basically, we scan the particle in Los Angeles and then reconstruct an exact copy in New York using its quantum state information.

For scientists and engineers, that’s pretty cool. Without teleportation, there would be no way to send a qubit (a unit of quantum information analogous to a bit in a classical computer) from one place to another without physically moving the object that stores the qubit. But with quantum teleportation, a lot of exciting new technologies become possible: unbreakable quantum cryptography, perhaps even quantum computer clusters and a large-scale “quantum Internet” someday.

However, these applications must work within some major physical limitations imposed by quantum mechanics.

• You can never transmit information faster than light.
    • Teleportation requires a separate classical communications channel as well as a quantum channel.
    • You can’t use teleportation to transfer a physical object. You can only transfer information about the object. So “beam me up, Scotty” wouldn’t work in real life.
    • You can’t copy quantum information using teleportation. Once a particle has been scanned by the transmitter, it irrecoverably loses its quantum state.
    • The quantum channel is always destroyed. After teleportation occurs, the entangled particles used in the teleportation process are no longer entangled. That means that if you want to transfer a large amount of information, you must have lots of entangled particles on each end of the channel.

Quantum teleportation is an interesting and useful phenomenon, but it’s not Star Trek. If you want to move a large object, your best bet is to use your favorite shipping service.

well that is right out of a web site;  next time perhaps credits?  I have read that before.
    @Plaffelvohfen
    Plaffelvohfen
    @maxx

I know how to recognize good information and where to get quality sources...
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

****I do believe this is a closed subject.  you failed to show me he was a fraud and  I failed to prove to you he was real.  

The proof he was a fraud is his many failed predictions , also if he wasn’t a fraud do you honestly believe he absorbed knowledge from his schoolbooks by putting them under his pillow? Do you also believe In Atlantis and that it was destroyed by a death ray? If he was a “great healer “ how come he couldn’t save his own child? 

****actually, you nor dee debate in the traditional sense, you just claim you are correct and others are wrong

Thats not true , take the above and tell me where I’m “just claiming” I’m correct or do you want to deny now his many failures?

. ****that is not a debate. links are not debate, which is why I loathe to produce any although I do so. 

Links to credible sources are actually valid which is why you’re loathe to produce any

****There are way too many people in this world who have had unusual experiences that border-line upon on what you may call the super natural and calling them all delusional and mis- informed is delusional in its self.  

Incorrect, what you mean to say is “On what you call supernatural “ others call them unusual experiences. You honestly think the laws of the natural Universe are put on hold to allow supernatural events take place . They are not all delusional just mis -informed and gullible like you  

****perhaps you may sneer at the idea of it but in quantum mechanics many findings such as telepathy and teleportation easily exists at the micro world and can carry over into the macro.  there is no reason at all according to quantum math that what you call supernatural or psychic abilities can  not exist.

Thats utter nonsense 

Plaffelvohfen
    @maxx

you apparently know little about higher math involved with physics and quantum mechanics and just sneer like dee at anything new

I don’t sneer , I asked you several simple questions you cannot even answer. Let’s try yet again , can you post up peer reviewed papers by scientists demonstrating that telepathy , spirits , astral projection , remote viewing , guardian angels , past life regression etc, etc are actually proven to be fact?

Maybe then you could explain why the James Randi foundation has a prize of a million dollars for anyone that can  

demonstrate a psychic ability , they have all come and gone and no one has as yet done so , why’s that do you think?

What do you mean anything new how is any of these  claims “anything new” 

Plaffelvohfen
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2668 Pts   -   edited November 2019

Sorry, I just had to.

Dee

you guys are the ones dragging your knuckles;  you are outdated.  you dont know anything more than what other people have told you. you do not go out and discover new things, and you blindly accept with-out testing or checking what you believe in.  you are a stagnant bunch of hypocrites. anyone who has even a rudimentary idea of cayce and who has read any of his reads would realize that one how hardly even finished high school could have created a dialogue and delivered the health reading that he had given. intelligence is measured in not what others have taught you but in terms of learning on ones own. There is a huge revolution in quantum science now that is defining our beliefs in reality as we perceive it yet none of you would check upon it, let alone believe it for it is not what you were  taught to believe. I would rather have an open mind and be wrong than to have such closed minds and never open up your minds to other possibilities because they are new. you are just like the people in early science history to where it was to them proof that the earth was the center of the universe.  none of you have any proof as to what you believe in today and have to rely on others to tell you it is and you have know way to figure out what you believe in is true other than what you read from people telling you. @Dee
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

****you guys are the ones dragging your knuckles;  you are outdated. 

How so?

***you dont know anything more than what other people have told you. 

You base this assertion on what exactly 

***you do not go out and discover new things, and you blindly accept with-out testing or checking what you believe

Incorrect , the only one “blindly accepting anything is you as you’re gullible

****you are a stagnant bunch of hypocrites. 

Right , how so?

***anyone who has even a rudimentary idea of cayce and who has read any of his reads would realize that one how hardly even finished high school could have created a dialogue and delivered the health reading that he had given. 

Nonsense , Cayce claimed he absorbed knowledge from schoolbooks by putting them under his pillow and he absorbed their contents this way ......Welcome to mad Maxxs world 

***intelligence is measured in not what others have taught you but in terms of learning on ones own. There is a huge revolution in quantum science now that is defining our beliefs in reality as we perceive it yet none of you would check upon it, let alone believe it for it is not what you were  taught to believe. 

Yet not one credible scientist believes in psychic phenomena 

****I would rather have an open mind and be wrong than to have such closed minds and never open up your minds to other possibilities because they are new. you are just like the people in early science history to where it was to them proof that the earth was the center of the universe.

You don’t have an open mind you accept because you refuse to look at Cayce except through your goggles. Tell me why has has no psychic come close to claiming the 1million reward for anyone who can prove a psychic ability from the James Randi foundation? You still refuse to address this being the gullible uneducated half -wit you are 

****none of you have any proof as to what you believe in today and have to rely on others to tell you it is and you have know way to figure out what you believe in is true other than what you read from people telling you. 

Oh right , so California did slide into the sea , raw rabbit skin plus the fur when eaten cures cancer and New York was destroyed in a catastrophe are all true now after all that’s what Cayce the con man predicted wasn’t it Mad Maxx?